Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Kings postgame thread.

Banned

Default Pacers/Kings postgame thread.

I know a win is a win but damn this was an ugly game, Vogel was killing me today with his play calling, how many West Iso's and Hill fadeway shots he called today? this offense needs to get better ASP.

GO Pacers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Kings postgame thread.

One thing I learned: DeMarcus Cousins is ubertalented, BUT he's a huge knucklehead who doesn't listen.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

Pretty crappy week of basketball but we're 2-1. I'll take that.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We need Danny back.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well...I hope everyone enjoyed the scrub teams while they lasted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

As much as I wish PG would shoot more and be aggressive, he still put up some ridiculous stats...16 pts, 17 rbs, 4 blocks, 2 stls
    Last edited by rel; 11-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

My heart has been on a race these past few days.

We shouldn't have let the game slip to where it did, but we got the win and that's what matters. The TOs piling up have been killing us and that won't fly against the Spurs.

A lot of guys stepped up and had nice games. Gerald, for one. He looked a lot more relaxed and was able to play like himself.
    Last edited by Trophy; 11-03-2012 at 10:08 PM.

I feel right now like West and Hill are trying to do to much. I'd like to have Danny back, certainly, but in large part it's so that West wouldn't feel the need to put up 20 shots.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Without Granger, we don't really have a bench....

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I wish PG would shoot more and be aggressive, he still put up some ridiculous stats...16 pts, 17 rbs, 4 blocks, 2 stls
    I feel like Vogel hasn't bought into George and Hibbert as the go to guys. When things are close, or it is a big moment he almost always calls plays for West and Hill.

Not to go over the edge, but Vogel's talked himself into a stooper with this smashmouth stuff. We look to the high post/pick nd iso game WAY too much. There's zero spacing, and our bigs can't get back in transition because they're both BELOW the FT line when a shot is rebounded.

Our starting PG is a natural scorer, let him look to score a little more as opposed to having him waste the shot clock until West decides to set a screen...with 7 secs on the shot clock.

How bout PG in the mid post? How bout GHill runs a dribble handoff with Roy? Lets let Lance run off a few staggered screens. ANYTHING but the pick nd pop to Weat for the ISO...ALL GAME!!

We got the lead early by having Hill post up, why wait till DBL OT to go back to it?

But hey, we're 2-1 without our best player..as long as we get the kinks worked out by mid season I'll feel better.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some terrible viewing.Happy only with the win and a couple of the players.FG% was again terrible as our 3pt% as well.We improved in the FT department.Our offense looks really stagnant and a game that should have been won easily, we made it unbelievably close.I will not say anything about Vogel that i might regret later but let's say i have serious doubts about his ability.3 next matches are really difficult and on the road.With performances like the last couple,we are gonna lose those games and quite easily i might say.

Sports Logo

Wow that game was tuff to watch...
    Turnovers were a problem again and I hated the plays where Hill just dribbled and passed it out to Stephenson, wo just had nowhere to go...totally destroyed his shooting percentage tonight. I liked the 3 he hit in the first OT...
    I did not understand why we played such a stagnant offense at the end, was really really ugly to watch this iso bull*****!
    I am happy for Green, cause all of a sudden, the Green experiment doesn't look too bad, right?

67 rebounds baby.. That's insane, Paul made huge plays defensively. Single handedly stopped the Kings fast break.
    We are paying beyond sloppy!!!!!! This isn't smash mouth basketball. Iam-Dj-Green are not contributing. Our whole team
    as a whole lacks focus. We play dumb and It isn't going to cut it. We need Danny back, He's a huge leader and holds
    players accountable. I hope we are rusty because it's a long season. 2-1 not bad, But we should be 3-0 or Vice versa 0-3

By me ^^

Had to miss this one. DVR'd, but sounds like I should probably just let PD tell the story here.

I know we're only three games in, but I'm starting to see some real red flags around Vogel.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Iam-Dj-Green are not contributing.
    C'mon Picasso, I know you're a cubist and all, but you can't completely ignore reality: Green contributed nicely in this game (and could've done more hadn't Frank buried him on the bench).

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If every game of the season is like that then I don't think I'll be able to take it

I'm glad for the win. That's all it matters.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    One thing I learned: DeMarcus Cousins is ubertalented, BUT he's a huge knucklehead who doesn't listen.
    I sat behind the bench. You have no clue. Garcia is on my **** list. I'll expand on it when I get home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Had to miss this one. DVR'd, but sounds like I should probably just let PD tell the story here.

I know we're only three games in, but I'm starting to see some real red flags around Vogel.
    I agree, I have seen other games and other teams that are not even as good as the Pacers(at least in paper) run better offensive plays. I have been watching new Orleans and their coach call great play after great play, they even call pick and roll plays for Lopez(lol) and they work, why can't Vogel do that? I know his mentor sucked on the same thing but damn, it's frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    You were surprised by that.

It took Zach Randolph 10 years to figure it out. That's about how long it'll take Cousins. He won't stop being a knucklehead until he's around 30.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I agree, I have seen other games and other teams that are not even as good as the Pacers(at least in paper) run better offensive plays. I have been watching new Orleans and their coach call great play after great play, they even call pick and roll plays for Lopez(lol) and they work, why can't Vogel do that? I know his mentor sucked on the same thing but damn, it's frustrating to watch.
    My problem is that I can buy a lot of issues last year being a result of the lockout, lack of camp, etc. But those same issues exist—perhaps even more magnified—this year. What's his excuse now?

The Pacers are 2-1, but could just as easily be 0-3. This team has averaged 90 points in 3 regulation games, and only 15 more in 10 min of OT. That's not going to win alot of games.

TO's are killing the Pacers, and a good many of them aren't forced TO's but from carelessness.

The Pacers shot 22 3ptrs in this game and 26 in the last game. This is just way too many 3's to be shooting. This team seems to want to be a jumpshooting team. They need to concentrate more on scoring in the paint.

The good news is that the Pacers are rebing well in all 3 games... 46, 52, & 67.

Things are going to have to change if the Pacers are going to be successful against teams that are better than Toronto, Charlotte, and Sacramento.

Personally, I felt Vogel could have and should have done some substituting in the OT's. GG is better playing with the 2nd unit, and until Granger comes back Lance should start at SG with PG at SF. JMOAA

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

I think I might be in agreement about Vogel. Had time to put together an offensive scheme and it still doesn't look like there is one.

Still early, but Vogel might need more time as an assistant.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

So was Gerald Green scoring too efficiently or something or were we just really enjoying watching Lance get lost on defense at the end of the 4th and the OTs? Drove me nuts.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I think I might be in agreement about Vogel. Had time to put together an offensive scheme and it still doesn't look like there is one.
    Here's the thing, though... if not for for the ridiculously sloppy passing, the offense would look a lot better. So why is the passing so bad? Did our playbook hit Wikileaks or MegaUpload, or what? Are we telegraphing? Just flat-out sloppy with the ball? Where did this come from?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: