Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67

Thread: is this team overrated?

  1. #51
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to hit the panic button after three games and having a record of 2-1!

    you seriously say that. we played like total **** against ****** teams. two of those teams are among the worst in the league. tell me would it surprise you that we were 0-3 right now? what would a good team do to us if we play like this?

    we were talking about ECF a couple days ago. do you believe even just a bit that it is possible with the way we play right now even when danny returns? sorry but i don't. we have no offensive plan. period. our offense is just painful to watch.

    look i'm not saying lets overreact like crazy but this "everything is good" attitude on this board is just ridiculous imo.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    look i'm not saying lets overreact like crazy but this "everything is good" attitude on this board is just ridiculous imo.
    Your overreacting like crazy.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    look i'm not saying lets overreact like crazy but this "everything is good" attitude on this board is just ridiculous imo.
    We must be reading different boards.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  7. #54

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    If we are overrated by some because we are 2-1 with every lower ranked, non starred loaded team gunning for us, what does that make the Heat? 2-1 with a 20 point Blowout lose to the PKnicks? I say, give it a little more time before we panic. No the new team is not very impressive without Danny, and no, we may not get as good as we were last year, but we have some pieces in place to build on in the future. If we can get 20 games from the 2nd unit like we got at Cha., we are going to be a tough out for most of the teams we see in the East.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,527

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you seriously say that. we played like total **** against ****** teams. two of those teams are among the worst in the league. tell me would it surprise you that we were 0-3 right now? what would a good team do to us if we play like this?

    we were talking about ECF a couple days ago. do you believe even just a bit that it is possible with the way we play right now even when danny returns? sorry but i don't. we have no offensive plan. period. our offense is just painful to watch.

    look i'm not saying lets overreact like crazy but this "everything is good" attitude on this board is just ridiculous imo.
    I don't think ANYBODY thinks everything is good. But the fact that every good to elite team has either lost a game, or looked bad at times as well showcases that the Pacers aren't near as fuc*** as some are making it seem. Is anyone saying BOS, LA, MIA, DEN, MEM are screwed? No. And those teams are healthy, meanwhile we are working our starting PG back into the rotation, incorporating a new SF into the starting 5 and dealing with the loss of our best scorer.

    If any of the teams I mentioned before lost their best scorer, I'm sure they'd struggle a bit while trying to adjust. No I'm not happy with how we are playing, and yes I want to see some improvement ASAP but I'm not looking to be overly concerned after 3 games--where we won 2 of them.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  11. #56
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,899

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you seriously say that. we played like total **** against ****** teams. two of those teams are among the worst in the league. tell me would it surprise you that we were 0-3 right now? what would a good team do to us if we play like this?

    we were talking about ECF a couple days ago. do you believe even just a bit that it is possible with the way we play right now even when danny returns? sorry but i don't. we have no offensive plan. period. our offense is just painful to watch.

    look i'm not saying lets overreact like crazy but this "everything is good" attitude on this board is just ridiculous imo.
    do you believe any team will be playing like they are in the first three games of the season at the end of the season? There are 79 games to go. If the Pacers are in trouble, the Lakers are completely ****ed.

    Yes the team needs to play better. Do i think we wont make the ECF because of how we played this week? I don't care how we played this week. I think an entire season is much more indicative than what we saw this week.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  13. #57

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry your analysis doesn't make sense to me. If Danny's absence is the reason they suck, then Danny has to be a better player than you say. If Danny sucks, then the team should still be good without him. You can't have it both ways. That would seem to be a logical fallacy. It probably has a Latin name of some kind.

    JMO, but it appears that Danny is a much better player than he's being given credit for.
    I believe DG is an above average player and not the reason they are struggling. I said that those that believe he is the reason should be concerned. My overall point is that DG is not a great player and is only marginally (if at all) better than Hibbert, West or even PG. If the team looks this bad because it misses DG, then what about when Hibbert, West, or PG are out? I could understand if we were missing a point guard or a distributor, but that certainly doesnt describe DG. He's a volume scorer. IMO, when you tell me the team is playing poorly because they are missing DG you are telling me that this team must have everything go right to be good. Remember the espn analyst that predicted the colts to finish 8th in the east (IIRC) because they wouldnt be as amazingly healthy as last year? You are basically agreeing with that guy.

    For the record, I said the start means very little and I believe this thread is an overreaction. I just dont want to hear that DG is the difference when I've constantly been told that we are building a starless team that doesnt depend on any one player. Now what I'm hearing is that is BS and the reality is that we have a starless team that depends on every player.
    Last edited by rm1369; 11-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.

  14. #58

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    I think a lot of people are missing the point. I thought this thread's called "is this team overrated"? So if we're answering this question, of course this team is overrated! There's no way this team will finish with the second best record in East even if they have danny back the next game till the end of the season. And you can definitely see that through the first few games! Result (2-1 or 3-0 or 0-3)is never the point, how this team's composed and playing is the point. They can lose all three but you can see what they're going to achieve. There's totally no solid scheme or basketball IQ in this team. Again this is me not being able to bear those unrealistically optimistic posts and trying to be realistic and I'll still be supporting this team as much.

  15. #59
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Last year we lost to the Kings, Cavs, and Nets. If we have to face the Kings in the finals we might have to start worrying.

  16. #60
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,527

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    OKC is 1-2. They're so overrated.

    /green

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  18. #61
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,527

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe DG is an above average player and not the reason they are struggling. I said that those that believe he is the reason should be concerned. My overall point is that DG is not a great player and is only marginally (if at all) better than Hibbert, West or even PG. If the team looks this bad because it misses DG, then what about when Hibbert, West, or PG are out? I could understand if we were missing a point guard or a distributor, but that certainly doesnt describe DG. He's a volume scorer. IMO, when you tell me the team is playing poorly because they are missing DG you are telling me that this team must have everything go right to be good. Remember the espn analyst that predicted the colts to finish 8th in the east (IIRC) because they wouldnt be as amazingly healthy as last year? You are basically agreeing with that guy.

    For the record, I said the start means very little and I believe this thread is an overreaction. I just dont want to hear that DG is the difference when I've constantly been told that we are building a starless team that doesnt depend on any one player. Now what I'm hearing is that is BS and the reality is that we have a starless team that depends on every player.
    But when you build a starless team, every member of that team is an important piece to the puzzle. We've seen crazy double and triple teams on Roy and West at times. Teams aren't coming off Danny if he's out there. Volume scorer or not, dude is a threat every night and will go off if you don't pay attention to him. With him out, that's one less threat a defense
    Has to worry about.

    If Danny never existed and this was the Pacer team, NOBODY would think they're top 3 in the East. But when you add someone who's a good perimeter scorer to this roster, it changes things a bit.

  19. #62
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your overreacting like crazy.....
    You might be under-reacting to his overreaction.


    I find this group of players to be the most exciting we've had since 2000, and that includes the monster defensive 61 win team. This team is going to put a big hurt on most team's FG% this year. Spurs vs Pacers over/under at 135 points maybe?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  21. #63
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Granger is not Lebron huge difference, by the way we are the people that believe that Green can replace Danny "just fine"?
    You keep running with this and WAAAY out of context, to no one's surprise.

    The team just played 3 solid games without their #1 scorer. Remember when the Pacers won and won and won without Reggie, or how any team is a big favorite without the top scorer playing?

    This team can take a hit just about anywhere for a reasonable amount of time and shake it off due to depth. Give the Heat and Pacers the same 5-6 lost games per starter and I think both handle it as well. They've shown they can play without any one starter for awhile.

    AND THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SAYING THAT STARTER HAS NO VALUE (since you are just trying to twist this into Danny sucks). Danny is out there and drops 5 3s on the Roy triple team and that s*** ends ASAP.

    No, I'm talking about weathering the regular season storm.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  23. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You keep running with this and WAAAY out of context, to no one's surprise.
    No really, it looks to me like you are the one doing it.

    The team just played 3 solid games without their #1 scorer. Remember when the Pacers won and won and won without Reggie, or how any team is a big favorite without the top scorer playing?
    3 solid games? I really hope that was green.

    This team can take a hit just about anywhere for a reasonable amount of time and shake it off due to depth. Give the Heat and Pacers the same 5-6 lost games per starter and I think both handle it as well. They've shown they can play without any one starter for awhile.
    What depth? I have not seen it yet and when have the Pacers been able to show that they are able to play without their starter for a while?

    AND THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SAYING THAT STARTER HAS NO VALUE (since you are just trying to twist this into Danny sucks). Danny is out there and drops 5 3s on the Roy triple team and that s*** ends ASAP.
    Nope I'm not saying that Danny sucks I'm actually saying that he is a pretty good player and that this "depth" you are talking about is not enough to replace him.

  24. #65
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    This is preposterous.

    We're 2-1 while playing without our guy that takes the most shots. I wouldn't say he's our best player or best scorer, because Hibbert is our best player and David West is our best scorer. But let's face it, without Danny the rest of our wings don't exactly strike fear into the rest of the league. With Danny, our wings look much better. Hopefully this start gets us ready to use Danny as a third-option, which is what he's always been best suited to be.

    After Danny is healthy for a while, if they're winning 2/3 of their games while playing more road games than home games, then let's NOT have this conversation.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  26. #66
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Now that I've read parts of the thread, it seems quite a few of you have forgotten that an important mark of a good team is winning games even when they don't play well. That's exactly what we're doing.

    We're not going to sneak up on anybody this season. I don't care if this team can or can't win pretty, because they aren't going to get many opportunities to win pretty. I care that they can win ugly. With George Hill and David West on the court, I'm not particularly worried about our ability to make plays in the fourth quarter. And when Danny gets back, that "should" make it even easier for George and David to execute in close games in the fourth quarter.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  28. #67

    Default Re: is this team overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think ANYBODY thinks everything is good. But the fact that every good to elite team has either lost a game, or looked bad at times as well showcases that the Pacers aren't near as fuc*** as some are making it seem. Is anyone saying BOS, LA, MIA, DEN, MEM are screwed? No. And those teams are healthy, meanwhile we are working our starting PG back into the rotation, incorporating a new SF into the starting 5 and dealing with the loss of our best scorer.

    If any of the teams I mentioned before lost their best scorer, I'm sure they'd struggle a bit while trying to adjust. No I'm not happy with how we are playing, and yes I want to see some improvement ASAP but I'm not looking to be overly concerned after 3 games--where we won 2 of them.
    All of this
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

Similar Threads

  1. Roy Hibbert Overrated?
    By PaulGeorge in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 11:06 AM
  2. Tbird analysis: The overrated nature of "team" defense
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 11:02 AM
  3. Is Ron Artest Overrated?
    By Naptown Seth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 09:52 PM
  4. Is Depth Overrated?
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 04:17 PM
  5. All NBA Overrated
    By 3Ball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •