Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Lance

Banned

Default Re: Let's discuss Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget Seth, Mackey and BWD.

I didn't want him on the Pacers due to the massive baggage, but gradually he has earned my trust. That did not happen in the last 6 games but over the course of his NBA career. He seems to want to get better and he's done that. At this point, he does belong in the starting unit until Granger returns.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Lance still has some holes in his game, but it's been very cool to see him progress over the years to the point where he is now a pretty serviceable NBA player. He's leapyears ahead of when he was a rook. Even defensively.
    He's probably made more strides than any other player. He's fixed problems about his game that I did not think he could fix. Bravo for the young man. I hope he keeps his nose clean and matures into a good NBA player...

The thing I really like and why I think Hill and Lance work well together is that they are both combo guards. Either one is interchangeable at the point and sg spot.

Hopefully this starting lineup is the final one. That way we can get some continuity and continue to get more comfortable with each other.. I also like that Vogel is ensuring a starter on the floor at all times, which is how it should be.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Crying into their Gerald Green jerseys.
    No, they had a non basketball issue with him for years. Nothing to do with Green. AJ Price fans bashed him pretty hard though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Banned

I almost forgot Mike Wells, he hated on Lance early on but it looks like he starting to like him now, I'm always busting his b**** on twitter.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I almost forgot Mike Wells, he hated on Lance early on but it looks like he starting to like him now, I'm always busting his b**** on twitter.
    Hasn't Mike had a problem with basically every Pacer at some point? He sure seems to be a malcontent.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Lance's personal issues are real.

Not as "real" as they used to be, thankfully, but he is still on a short leash in terms of people watching his personal life. And that's only fair.

At the same time, we also need to be fair about how excellent are his basketball skills. There is no one on this team that compares in terms of ballhandling, offensive moves, midrange, creativity, and elite court vision. He is a man child physically. Now he is showing himself to be our best outside threat.

I'm not saying let's fall in love with talent. I'm saying let's give this wild talent a real chance, especially since the past three years have been pretty much incident free except for the very terrible start.

I think Lance has Dwayne Wade type upside. He is as close as we may come to getting a true star in Indianapolis.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love me some Born Ready.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Hasn't Mike had a problem with basically every Pacer at some point? He sure seems to be a malcontent.
    He goes with the trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    The thing I really like and why I think Hill and Lance work well together is that they are both combo guards. Either one is interchangeable at the point and sg spot.
    e.
    I don't like that. (I like having an actual point guard.) But it's certainly better than having just Hill (a combo guard) and then no one else really capable of creating plays/handling the ball.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

He started liking Lance when Lance finally decided to talk to the media after his first season (after not talking with them as a rookie)...surprise surprise.

It sounds like Mike had a reason to criticize him though. Apparently he wasn't communicative with his teammates either as a rookie and struggled to listen to criticism.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post

It sounds like Mike had a reason to criticize him though. Apparently he wasn't communicative with his teammates either as a rookie and struggled to listen to criticism.
    Maybe. I found the reports to be rather cryptic. Bird basically said he didn't have a problem with Lance and instead thought the other players had the problem. The best I could gather from it is that Lance trashed talked a lot (kinda like Bird), gave certain leaders who were struggling (like Danny) a hard time, and maybe was just too competitive for a bunch of players used to mediocrity.

Or maybe not.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I don't like that. (I like having an actual point guard.) But it's certainly better than having just Hill (a combo guard) and then no one else really capable of creating plays/handling the ball.
    While I do too, we have already seen that just pgs don't do well in our system. Perhaps it benefits combo guards.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Interesting. Can't be worse than Green or Young starting anyway.

My worry with Lance is the same thing we've been seeing with Green and Mahinmi - former low minute players thrust into major roles, and wilting under the responsibility. Hope Lance can handle the pressure better.
    Unlike green and mahinmi.....this is Lance's last season with us to prove whether he can handle the heat or not. We have to find that out now...rather than "never". At some point....he has to "sink or swim". Lance has 6 to 7 months to show us whether he is worth it or not.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Very impressed with Lance's work ethic. And he seems to want to be better on defense. Never thought that would happen.

I love it when Lance gets a defensive rebound and bull rushes his way on a fast break. I would hate to be the guy who has to step in his way to try and stop him.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Lance's personal issues are real.

Not as "real" as they used to be, thankfully, but he is still on a short leash in terms of people watching his personal life. And that's only fair.

At the same time, we also need to be fair about how excellent are his basketball skills. There is no one on this team that compares in terms of ballhandling, offensive moves, midrange, creativity, and elite court vision. He is a man child physically. Now he is showing himself to be our best outside threat.

I'm not saying let's fall in love with talent. I'm saying let's give this wild talent a real chance, especially since the past three years have been pretty much incident free except for the very terrible start.

I think Lance has Dwayne Wade type upside. He is as close as we may come to getting a true star in Indianapolis.
    DWade huh? Heh.

I just opened this thread and expected someone to say Lance will soon be an all-star. I like his game alright now, but DWade? I'm not there yet. I think he might be starting guard material though.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    I love it when Lance gets a defensive rebound and bull rushes his way on a fast break. I would hate to be the guy who has to step in his way to try and stop him.
    It's reminiscent to Lebron..... not as good but I see similarities.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

I haven't been able to watch the last few games, but I'm watching the Wizards game now and I can't help but be impressed with Lance. He is one of the only players I see that makes the correct pass consistently. He has definitely been the most impressive Pacer this year to me.

I think in a few years he will be KILLER on the break.

I think Lance has amazing first guard off the bench potential. Let's not get carried away with other stuff though. Although, my god, he's only 22.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I think Lance has amazing first guard off the bench potential. Let's not get carried away with other stuff though. Although, my god, he's only 22.
    Yeah, I see him as being a bit of a Jason Terry type, where he can come off the bench, handle the ball, and score in a hurry. Those are incredibly important, though, so no shame in that kind of ceiling.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Yeah, I see him as being a bit of a Jason Terry type, where he can come off the bench, handle the ball, and score in a hurry. Those are incredibly important, though, so no shame in that kind of ceiling.
    Not at all! Lance could also be in late in games as he possess critical ball handling and passing skills that the rest of the team is below average at.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Right now, Lance has to be in the running for Most Improved Player.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Don't forget Seth, Mackey and BWD.
    Haven't forgotten them (or UncleBuck), just couldn't find those quotes.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!