Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Lance

Default Re: Let's discuss Lance

Sure is nice to have somebody who knows how to make a post entry pass.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

2. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I see him as being a bit of a Jason Terry type, where he can come off the bench, handle the ball, and score in a hurry. Those are incredibly important, though, so no shame in that kind of ceiling.
    Guys like the Jet are normally not starters because of their defensive limitations, or because they don't being much else to the table aside from scoring. I think lance could excel in that role, but if he continues to improve, he could easily be a starting guard in this league. Take into consideration, at 22; he's about the age of most rookie players. When you combine that with the fact that he has that bulldog mentality that we all WISH Paul George had, if Vogel continues to keep him in the starting lineup and build on his confidence, the sky is the limit for lance.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a D-Wade type of talent, I surely think he could be a Rodney Stuckey/Tyreke Evans type of player--if he continues to improve.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

There's a new Curt Cavin article about Lance.
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...kly-given-shot

By the way, I wish the Star would put the authors name by the links to the stories. I almost didn't click on this one because I assumed it would be a Mike Wells article.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Redemption stories are always my favorite kinds of stories. Especially when it will likely affect the team positively.

If you're looking for blessings in disguise from the Granger injury, this would be one of them. Lance wouldn't have gotten this level of look most likely, and given his previously short leash, these past few games might have opened the door for him to contribute to this team over the long run. Otherwise, he might have blossomed for another team, after we made the coaching/time investment in him.

He's putting it together. Not sure of many player matchups that'd physically pose a problem for him. If he gets it together, he could become a beast.

Always have liked his game, but couldn't tell if he was going to get it together while on the roster.

In Larry we trust.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

I think it's time the team looks at Lance to be the main facilitator on offense by making him control the ball more and make Hill be more of a scorer than a playmaker while DG is out. I think if they set more plays for Lance to dribble drive or make an iso it will create a lot of opportunities as he has above average court vision and passing, and at the same time he can really finish. With also his physical built and skills, I think Lance with either Hill, PG, Hans or Green it will be very beneficial if they will try to play more up-tempo and get more points from fast break.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Lance is making me a believer this season. Btw, while we're naming and shaming, why not give props to 90s and McKeyFan who have been beating the Lance drum for a while. I'm sure there's others as well.

Anyone think we can get our own version of Linsanity? Pacers still have an offensive void and Lance looks to be in good position to fill it. Would it surprise anyone at this point if Lance runs off a string of 20 point games this season? I think the new Lance is capable of it.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Mood

I was all about lance last season. Wanted him to get more time. So happy he is taking advantage of it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Lance is making me a believer this season. Btw, while we're naming and shaming, why not give props to 90s and McKeyFan who have been beating the Lance drum for a while. I'm sure there's others as well.

Anyone think we can get our own version of Linsanity? Pacers still have an offensive void and Lance looks to be in good position to fill it. Would it surprise anyone at this point if Lance runs off a string of 20 point games this season? I think the new Lance is capable of it.
    I hope everyone is right about Lance. I see some good things. He certainly is not timid. He has the drive. He does
    NOT have Dwade athleticism. He has good strength and size. He is finally getting some minutes as he needs reps
    so he can find out what works in the NBA and what does not.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

15. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post

Lancesanity? Lansanity? Stephensanity?
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Lancesanity? Lansanity? Stephensanity?
    I'll go with door number two.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hated "Linsanity"

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Got a question for Born Ready?

Area 55 Grand Poobah Joe Murphy passed this along to me, via former Area 55 member Zach "LANCE STEPHENSON FOR PRESIDENT" Brown, who happens to be the webmaster for the official Lance Stephenson website, bornready6.com (the number change hasn't quite taken effect with the website yet). Zach wants to gather a huge list of questions for "Born Ready" for a Q+A session on the site, so if you've got a question you've always wanted to ask Lance, now is your chance! Email any of them you'd like to see answered to redfoster@gmail.com .

Just a repost from the A55/G2/PTO thread but noteworthy if you would like to interact with old Born Ready himself.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

I liked Linsanity. C'mon, it's a great story for the guy. It lasted a bit too long, but I didn't mind it in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I hated "Linsanity"
    Don't worry. It had nothing to do Lin and everything to do with the world's largest media market.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I liked Linsanity. C'mon, it's a great story for the guy. It lasted a bit too long, but I didn't mind it in the least.
    It was a nice that he was able to succeed, but I don't really care that much.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

IMO the sky is the limit for both Lance and PG..... the one thing that Lance lacks is fear. In this case it's a plus. PG plays timid at times. Thats what sets them apart sometimes. To me. I love that about Lance he seems like he has that won't back down approach.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Banned

I really hope people don't get their hopes too high, I expect Lance to be a good rotation player but not some kind of star or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I really hope people don't get their hopes too high, I expect Lance to be a good rotation player but not some kind of star or anything like that.
    You know how people are around here, expect the moon, then when they don't deliver it is a witch hunt if they just turn out to be a decent role player instead of the super mega star they imagined.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I agree, hence my Rodney Stuckey comment. BUT I will say, it's easy for ppl to get excited bout a player like Lance because we've never really had a guy with his type of skills. (I.E creativity, ball handling, street swag, etc)

Those things don't make you a star by any means, but it's nice to see because we always see those types of players on OTHER teams.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    You know how people are around here, expect the moon, then when they don't deliver it is a witch hunt if they just turn out to be a decent role player instead of the super mega star they imagined.
    Yep if Lance doesn't average 20ppg some people are going to be mad.

Yep if Lance doesn't average 20ppg some people are going to be mad.
    At least in your mind.

I've always been high on Lance, but I'll take somewhere around 12pts 4dimes 4boards and he'll be a huge success.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

The other thing that has surprised me about Lance is his conditioning. He looks ready to go all the time. I haven't really seen him laboring out there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I agree, hence my Rodney Stuckey comment. BUT I will say, it's easy for ppl to get excited bout a player like Lance because we've never really had a guy with his type of skills. (I.E creativity, ball handling, street swag, etc)

Those things don't make you a star by any means, but it's nice to see because we always see those types of players on OTHER teams.
    Completely agree. Lance has a combination of entertainment and production value that would be beneficial for our market.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I've been predicting he'll break out since his first summer. Ya'll's nanny admonitions of moderation ain't nothing but a thing.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Banned

At least in your mind.

I've always been high on Lance, but I'll take somewhere around 12pts 4dimes 4boards and he'll be a huge success.
    So that means that you are going to complain if he only averages 10ppg?