Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bobcats postgame thread. 2012 !!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats postgame thread.

No offensive flow whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder if we're even running a real ****ing offense, looks like an ugly version of Rucker Park at times.

And for those Granger haters, yeah I hope you realize we really need him back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know some sunshiners will come here and tell people to stop having meltdowns because its the 2nd game of the season, but if you don't think this team has serious issues you're kidding yourself.

Say what you will about Danny Granger, but at least he was a consistent 3 point threat and he wasn't scared to shoot the ball. You definitely can't say that about Green and PGeorge.
    It's hard to make a quality analysis of anything after a 2.4% sample size. Sure, this team has struggled mightily at moments. However, they've also showed tenacity in getting back into games they have no business winning.

Hill certainly seems limited, but looked better tonight than Wednesday. Lance had his best "meaningful" performance in a Pacers uniform. Mahinmi has played well, and Him/Tyler have been decent together. Big improvement over the Lou/Tyler lineup.

I'm certainly disappointed in the loss, but I can look at it realistically and see that the team is still gelling. Hill hasn't gotten his rhythm back, Green isn't comfortable with the starters. That'll come.

All of the issues are fixable, and fixable fast. The team needs to play with a greater level of focus, make free throws, and focus on moving the ball.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    Yuck.

Hopefully Hill's injury is to blame, but right now he's moving in slow motion on both ends. Seemed like we were always getting into our sets with 13 seconds or less because he walked the ball up, barely getting past half court before the 8 sec violation. He was pretty bad tonight.
    Hip pointers are pretty painful. I had this issue in high school. It hurt to freaking cough or laugh, let alone playing basketball at a professional level. Took 4 or 5 weeks to completely heal, but I stopped playing for the first two weeks.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I don't know if it's Granger missing or what, but something doesn't feel quite right about this team. I hope it's just all the guys trying to get used to each other or whatever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    I don't know if it's Granger missing or what, but something doesn't feel quite right about this team. I hope it's just all the guys trying to get used to each other or whatever.
    I have had the same weird vibe about this group. I'm just not sold. Then again I sort of fell in love with the team last year, even fairly marginal guys like D Jones and Lou who are gone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The good part:

1) Lance played good. He was aggressive but not out of control.

2) Tyler was very good. It's evident that DJ will help him a lot.

The bad:

1) We had 19 turnovers. That's horrible. Last season we didn't commit a lot of turnovers and that won us a lot of games. In these first two games we've commited a lot of turnovers. And that's going to cost us. It did today.

2) We shot 59.30% from the FT. That's unacceptable. That's not Pacers basketball!

The very things that defined us last year. Taking care of the ball and making our free throws. They're not here in these first 2 games.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

First of all...if we need to trade Tyler one day, ship him to Charlotte cause he will have a great career there, at least at the home games.

Player of the game for the Pacers tonight? Lance Stephenson!

I don't know what to think of a guy who is my age and who struggled his first years in a pro league?!
    Maybe it's only because of the fact that we are the same age, but I do think if Lance gets a real opportunity where he plays a consistent role and gets his minutes every night, he will develope into a fairly acceptable guard, who can give you a lot of good things when he is hot!
    Last game he had 5 points on 2 of 3 shooting and 4 boards in 13 minutes. Tonight he makes 15 points on 6 of 9 shooting with 6 boards, 4 Ast, 2 Stl and 3 TOs in 25 minutes.
    I am sorry, but I think he has all the rights in the world to get an opportunity to show if he can really hit his shot every game, because if he will, he can be really good!

After seeing Gerald struggle, I would give Lance the opportunity tomorrow...maybe the atmosphere will electrify him .
    I am not too worried about Green though, because I think he really wants it and sets himself under a lot of pressure! When you are new to a team, that just gave you a big chance, you pressure yourself to a level, where you play like he did the last two games. I think it's is a bit unfair, to put him in a position where he puts himself even more under pressure as a starter.
    It's now the 3rd year for Lance, he knows this team and the starters a little bit better, so I don't see why he shouldn't start tomorrow.
    I love his game and his style to find the open man in a great position. A lot of people say DC is fast, but when Lance is in the open court, I would say he is not too far behind. At least to me it feels like he is freaking fast with the ball in his hands and has a fast first step.

So that's enough love for him...please Frank, just give him a real opportunity, so we finally know if he is worth it...I mean Paul George isn't all that great too until now, but he gets a hell lot more opportunities than Lance.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    No offensive flow whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder if we're even running a real ****ing offense, looks like an ugly version of Rucker Park at times.

And for those Granger haters, yeah I hope you realize we really need him back.
    Like somebody already said, if you need Danny Granger to beat the Bobcats this team is in real trouble, the bench was supposed to be improved for a reason, Roy and Hill are getting pay huge money for a reason, again this team is supposed to be deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    But we lost this game because we took the Bob Kitties lightly.
    Agreed. You could tell the Pacers were just waiting for the Bobcats to roll over and die.

Never happened. Their crowd kept them in it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

disappointed

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Agreed. You could tell the Pacers were just waiting for the Bobcats to roll over and die.

Never happened. Their crowd kept them in it.
    If the team has started taking other teams lightly then that's baaaaaad news.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I was part of the "It looks like we've improved the bench!" party. But right now....
    Ian's still better than Lou. Tyler's better. Green would be playing better on the bench. Lance is better.

The bench is upgraded, but when you're missing your best player everything gets thrown off.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    1) We had 19 turnovers. That's horrible. Last season we didn't commit a lot of turnovers and that won us a lot of games. In these first two games we've commited a lot of turnovers. And that's going to cost us. It did today.
    PG had 5 turnovers and got his shot blocked 3 times. :smh:

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pretty disappointed with what I've seen thus far.

- Our offense sucks. I'm not just saying this because we lost, I'd say it also if we had somehow won that game. There is no flow, bad movement, bad passes, poor shooting, poor judgement. It's just bad. The system is bad, I knew it would kill us in the playoffs last year (it wasn't our defense), and somehow it's regressed even more this year. It's the achilles heel of this team. Our offensive system is just harsh to watch. We've seen way too many guys come into this system and perform worse than they have in other cities. You can only throw it down to David West so much, and when that isn't going, there's just.... nothing.
    - Free throw shooting is atrocious. This is two straight games of clanking half our *free* shots at the rim.
    - It's pretty plain to me that PG is what he is at htis point. Decent player, but continues to disappear down the stretch and defer. This is his big chance, and so far it's just more of the same from last year.
    - Gerald Green is getting his 2nd chance, and flopping hard. It was a bad game tonight on his part. When Lance Stephenson gets the nod over you, you have work to do.
    - I'm not liking Vogel's rotations and substitutions. This is the 2nd straight game that I'm watching our main guys sitting on the bench until the 6:00 mark, and then he slowly trickles them back in. There is no cohesion in the 1st and 2nd units, because he's mixing and matching them up so much. And leaving our best players out until well past the crucial point is just silly.

Just bad. I don't buy that missing Granger is the cause for all this. This team has it's head up its *** at the moment, not knowing what the hell to do. Buncha dumb plays and turnovers and just all around sloppiness. I'm fairly certain at my advanced age, I could come out there and make more damn plays and hit more shots than these jokers. Not even joking.

Losing to a team that had not won in 23 games is just ridiculous. They gave us every opportunity to win the damn thing, too, and we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

These guys just need to do their damn jobs and stop hesitating and pussy-footin around, be more decisive and just make plays, shoot the damn ball *in* to the hole. To a man, this entire team can play way better basketball. If it wasn't for a good David West 4th quarter, we'd be sittin at a pretty bad 0-2. Pretty bad when *I'm* complaining, I'm usually a defender 'til the end, but the overall product I've seen this year on the floor is sub-par to say the least, and this was after a "good off-season" and "chemistry and cohesiveness", and blah blah blah, etc....
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-02-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Ian's still better than Lou. Tyler's better. Green would be playing better on the bench. Lance is better.

The bench is upgraded, but when you're missing your best player everything gets thrown off.
    I do think our old bench players are better. I'm just not sure about the new additions. I do agree that Ian is better than Lou though.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    7 pts 7 rebs 4 fouls against guys like haywood and thomas. if that's ok from our all-star center that got paid well, we are ****ed. no other word to describe it.

he was mentally somewhere else today.

Hibbert isn't a mentally tough player. We've seen every year Hibbert meltdown under pressure. He always has and always will. What's so frustrating is his poor play against the PuddyCats. He should have been dominating instead of playing down to their level.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I do think our old bench players are better. I'm just not sure about the new additions. I do agree that Ian is better than Lou though.
    The bench played great tonight. The starters sucked.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    - Gerald Green is getting his 2nd chance, and flopping hard. It was a bad game tonight on his part. When Lance Stephenson gets the nod over you, you have work to do.
    Ehm sorry, but I don't get that? Why does it seem like Lance Stephenson is commonly seen as a symbol for a bad player???
    Lance is 22 and had his maturity problems, which they solved in a really good way I think. But please, and I mean that how I say it, please tell me one time, when we saw him play a number of games and thought to ourselves, that he is really really bad, just like we did it today with Gerald Green???
    When I think of a bad point guard who likes hsooting, I think more of an AJ Price kinda guy, who I think has not a lot of room to improve and not of a Lance Stephenson, who in my eyes still has a lot of potential!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    Ehm sorry, but I don't get that? Why does it seem like Lance Stephenson is commonly seen as a symbol for a bad player???
    Lance is 22 and had his maturity problems, which they solved in a really good way I think. But please, and I mean that how I say it, please tell me one time, when we saw him play a number of games and thought to ourselves, that he is really really bad, just like we did it today with Gerald Green???
    When I think of a bad point guard who likes hsooting, I think more of an AJ Price kinda guy, who I think has not a lot of room to improve and not of a Lance Stephenson, who in my eyes still has a lot of potential!
    My main point really is that we have been awful, if you didn't get that from my post. I really hope you're not focusing on Lance, lol.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    If the team has started taking other teams lightly then that's baaaaaad news.
    Yes, it is. Vogel talked about not getting overconfident but perhaps that message didn't sink in with all the hype (at least around the team if not the national media) surrounding the team.

I hope we will be able to look back on this almost fondly as the early season wake-up call they needed to keep things in perspective.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

34. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post

Paul George has been a huge let down. The thing is, he isn't playing bad at all, but he is again deferring to others. He took over the first 8 minutes of the season and I was so happy, since that first 8 minutes he has just been a by stander on offense. He is rebounding well, passing well, and all of that, but if the guy isn't willing to take over the game we are in trouble.

PG reminds me of another Pacer player who had a ton of talent, but never used all the talent he had at his disposal... Derrick McKey. McKey could fade from a game just as easily as he could take one over. PG following the same pattern.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Yes, it is. Vogel talked about not getting overconfident but perhaps that message didn't sink in with all the hype (at least around the team if not the national media) surrounding the team.

I hope we will be able to look back on this almost fondly as the early season wake-up call they needed to keep things in perspective.
    It's been 6 bad quarters, and maybe 2 good quarters so far. We're getting out-played by, imo, lesser teams. The Raps and 'Cats have both improved, but we should still be winning these games, handily. We are just looking really bad out there.

Mood

We can all agree on one thing: We've played like crap these first 2 games. The sky isn't falling. The season is not lost. We need to work on both sides of the ball and figure out how this team is going to gel together. Hey at least we aren't the 0-2 and one of the absolute favorites to win it all after acquiring 2 HUGE pieces. Can you imagine how their fan base feels right now?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    PG reminds me of another Pacer player who had a ton of talent, but never used all the talent he had at his disposal... Derrick McKey. McKey could fade from a game just as easily as he could take one over. PG following the same pattern.
    I said something to the effect of PG and Rush having similar issues (passiveness and tendency to disappear after coming out of their shells briefly) last year and several people jumped all over me. But it was in his draft reports for pitty's sake. It's a real issue.

Doesn't mean he can't overcome it. But he's going to need plan to build better assertiveness. It's not going to just happen magically. And I think sometimes guys do try, they just never figure out how to put it all together.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Ditt ***+£*% O

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS