Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bobcats postgame thread. 2012 !!!

Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok game for Roy
    7 pts 7 rebs 4 fouls against guys like haywood and thomas. if that's ok from our all-star center that got paid well, we are ****ed. no other word to describe it.

he was mentally somewhere else today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

My reaction to the Raptors game was extreme concern and dismay. Same as this game. The difference is when it's the only game of the season you can call it a fluke and say oh well, its a win. When its 2 games in a row, even if we had won this playing so awfully I'd be here complaining and saying it's a trend that can't continue. The outcome doesn't change the concern - we are not playing like a playoff team, let alone a top tier team.

I don't know what to even say about Gerald Green... dude missed some shots and it totally took him out of the game. You can't be THAT mentally weak and be an NBA player.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Hill has to guard Isaiah Thomas tomorrow. That'll be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    the man to blame is not Green, it is Vogel. Our offense has no flow and no rhythm, and that is on Vogel
    this. last year the excuse was no training camp. this year there is no excuse.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This is a very dumb basketball team. Maybe that will change. But as long as Vogel sticks to what doesn't work, don't count on it.

Also, I'm pretty much done with the Pacers ever going to PG24 in the clutch. That guy just does not execute in the clutch.
    To be fair.....up until last season....he's hasn't had to be.....he's never been relied upon to be "the man"...and he's never struck me as someone that wants to be that guy.

I don't know why DJ was standing at the 3pt line when we needed a 2 pt basket.....but regardless.....at the end of a game like that....I'm EXPECTING either GH or West to take that shot....no one else.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Gonna bring my post here from the game thread because I want answers, where is our offense? Why do we stand around for 15 seconds of every play? I accepted that we didn't have a training camp to install an offense last year and defense was the priority. Where is it this year? This is back to back games against non playoff teams where we struggled to have any sort of flow and turned the ball over like crazy. Almost 20 turnovers a game... against the Raptors and Bobcats. A real defense is going to eat us alive.

8 points 1 dime for our $40M point guard.

7 points 7 rebounds for our max contract center.

We stand around so much on offense I feel like I'm watching a pickup game where everyone is winded from the first 2 pickup games. This is not fun to watch and those contracts are looking like monumental mistakes.
    The system is setup to take the ball inside at anytime and if Roy or West are not doing anything the whole system collapses, the Pacers are also missing good passers, so anybody that tries to makes a pass struggles.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The good news is, there probably won't be a worse loss this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    wanna bet?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Wait til we get blown out by 30 by the Heat on TNT...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

I'm really really hoping I'm just being premature in my judgement but..................I think I want our old bench back. I'm disappointed in the new players these first couple of games.

EDIT: Well, most of it. I'd still want it so Lance Stephenson is playing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

Banned

I wouldn't be sure about that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I'm really really hoping I'm just being premature in my judgement but..................I think I want our old bench back. I'm disappointed in the new players these first couple of games.

EDIT: Well, most of it. I'd still want it so Lance Stephenson is playing.
    The bench looks like the bench I expected to see....... not much of an upgrade from last year.

Note: I know is only 2 games by the way so don't go all crazy about my comment

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well that was a sucky cherry on top of a sucky day.

Waste of a good game from Tyler and Lance.

Is it just me, or are these games a bit more physical than we usually see to start the season?

I think our team was just not ready for the opening night intensity of either team and they took them lightly. You'd think they would have learned after the Toronto game.

Gerald Green looks awful so far. I suspect he would be better if he was playing the role he was brought in to play. Having to thrust him into the starting lineup didn't do him any favors.

And what the heck has happened to our free throw shooting this year? I guess it'll even out, but yikes!
    Last edited by gummy; 11-02-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Aberration. Couldn't hit our freebies. It happens. Move onto the next game.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

All these posts and nobody mentions how horrible we were from the FT line? That's why we lost. When you shoot in the 50's in the percent from the FT line and lose by 1, I'll always point at that.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Found the huge hole in Gerald Green's game. He is unable to make an entry pass.

I would've rooted for Charlotte had we not played them. They played really hard and that's admirable.

Lot of overreaction here. Not that bad a loss. I thought going into the season that the Bobcats were gonna be a credible NBA team (unlike last year when they weren't a credible D League team).

Pacers couldn't hit a shot and still almost pulled it out. Losing close games is part of an 82 game season. As long as we're in games and competing then I'm happy, although of course I always want to finish with the win.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

The bench looks like the bench I expected to see....... not much of an upgrade from last year.

Note: I know is only 2 games by the way so don't go all crazy about my comment
    I was part of the "It looks like we've improved the bench!" party. But right now....

I wouldn't be sure about that.
    Got home late and watched on dvr. We missed 11 FTs??!! I know what my team would be doing tomorrow if I was the Coach. And why the Hell did we take Lance and Tyler out of the game? Damn, Frank, dance with the one that brought you to the dance!

Yuck.

Hopefully Hill's injury is to blame, but right now he's moving in slow motion on both ends. Seemed like we were always getting into our sets with 13 seconds or less because he walked the ball up, barely getting past half court before the 8 sec violation. He was pretty bad tonight.

Greens game couldn't get much worse. Fell asleep constantly on his man, took a few bad shots, and made some awful passes.

Hope Lance can get a little love. He had a couple bad turnovers at the end of the 3rd but otherwise he had a great game. He could of easily had 7 or 8 assists if we knocked down some shots

Roy 3/4 shooting. All 3 makes on put backs...smh cmon coach.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know its early, but I've seen enough. I'm actually calm right now and while I'm upset about the loss its not effecting my overall view on things.

Paul George has been a huge let down. The thing is, he isn't playing bad at all, but he is again deferring to others. He took over the first 8 minutes of the season and I was so happy, since that first 8 minutes he has just been a by stander on offense. He is rebounding well, passing well, and all of that, but if the guy isn't willing to take over the game we are in trouble.

Frank Vogel needs to stop with these BS rotations. We lost against Miami last year because he was too caught up on playing the bench. Tonight the bench played decent, but again, it seemed as if their minutes were all planned out and there was nothing that could change that.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about anything else. Its early on. But if Paul George doesn't show that he will put the team on his back when we need him to, then we are going to be stuck at a yearly second round exit until we make a significant change in the roster. That worries me. Also, Frank Vogel needs to learn how to react and adapt to each game and other teams strategies. He is a likable guy, but not proving to be a very good coach. Those things worry me, not the loss.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Is it just me, or are these games a bit more physical than we usually see to start the season?
    It appears that way. I like it.

Of course, I don't like it when it looks like we get fouled (whoever's ox is gored). But I have been getting really fed up with the ticky tack, pansy @ss style of basketball we've seen the past few years. Bring back the 90s.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    My reaction to the Raptors game was extreme concern and dismay. Same as this game. The difference is when it's the only game of the season you can call it a fluke and say oh well, its a win. When its 2 games in a row, even if we had won this playing so awfully I'd be here complaining and saying it's a trend that can't continue. The outcome doesn't change the concern - we are not playing like a playoff team, let alone a top tier team.
    It seems like we've got outhustled in both of our games so far. Kemba Walker just ate George Hill alive tonight. Walker scored 30+ on him and drove past him at will. Our offense looks stagnant and we can't seem to score when we do fast break. Outside of early in the Raptors game Hibbert has been nearly invisible. Big thing I've noticed is just an overall feeling that we look slow as a team. Hopefully this all will change and work itself out but so far Ive been disappointed in this team.

Was there any mention of Granger's status on the Pacers broadcast tonight?