Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pacers/Bobcats postgame thread. 2012 !!!

Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats postgame thread.

Tyler improved from last year to this, which is a very big deal. But last night was had one of those "oh crap, Tyler's got the ball" moments. Tight game, we need a bucket, and tyler got the ball in perfect post-up position with a defender behind him. West, Roy, or Danny would have just pivoted and drilled the easy turnaround. But Tyler had absolutely no idea what to do with the ball. He fumbled around for a moment, then passed it out. I'm glad he passed it instead of going up with no plan, but it was painfully obvious that he still lacks a go-to move in the post.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your first two mentions of George: did you mean "Green" ?
    In the second instance, yes. Not in the first case though .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Frustrating as our start's been, we're 1-1.

Boston's been crushed twice, by Miami...and Milwaukee.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was as if the Bobcats had won the championship by the way their fans acted last night.

People running around hugging each other. A guy was yelling "undefeated baby!" I guess for their sake, it felt extra great beating a playoff contender.

This win will definitely make their week(s).

We played a very sloppy game. Had we made at least a quarter more of our FTs, we would've won.

We're a resilient team and should play a lot better tonight at home. It's a LONG season to go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I have had the same weird vibe about this group. I'm just not sold. Then again I sort of fell in love with the team last year, even fairly marginal guys like D Jones and Lou who are gone.
    Yes, I really fell in love with last year's team as well. They had a fire about them. I think DC and Dahntay were a big part of that to be honest. DC might not have been a great player or whatever, but he was always fired up and had a lot of heart. Dahntay brought a lot of life to this team as well, it was always fun to watch him and A.J. on the bench cheering and what not. The home crowd cheering "Lou" was also fun. Heck, I even kinda miss Barbosa even though he was only here for not even half the season and he sucked in the playoffs.

I think this team definitely has the ability to become just as lovable as that one, it will just take time. There is definitely more talent on this one in my opinion.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Right, you defend the Pacer's and preach patience, while doing the exact opposite for the Colts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Different teams, different sports and a different situation.... You accuse me of being negative about everything but, as you see, I am not.....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    re oleblu... So if you know Vogel's going to be fired, why do tell us in the same breath to be patient with him?
    I didn't. I said be patient with the team. I have always thought that Vogel was in over his head and would be fired with any kind of significant losing streak....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I didn't. I said be patient with the team. I have always thought that Vogel was in over his head and would be fired with any kind of significant losing streak....
    i really cannot truthfully disagree with this except for the fact we do have Brian Shaw on the bench and it helps tremendously. i really like Frank but he is prob best served as an assistant coach.

this is a business. Vogel has to lead this team to top 4 status in the East.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Didn't he lose like 7 in a row his first year?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    i really cannot truthfully disagree with this except for the fact we do have Brian Shaw on the bench and it helps tremendously. i really like Frank but he is prob best served as an assistant coach.

this is a business. Vogel has to lead this team to top 4 status in the East.
    I don't think that will happen. There just isn't enough talent on the starters. You need a superstar to be in the top four and the Pacers just don't have one and likely will never have one. Such is the fate of small market teams in general. OKC is a big exception to that rule. They got to draft a superstar and he is staying in OKC. That doesn't happen very often.... Vogel makes a lot of mistakes as a bench coach. I don't think he will be around for the long hall and if they Pacers come out and go 1-6 or something like that, I think he is gone and Shaw gets the job. Now, I am not saying that will happen and I certainly don't want it to happen but Vogel is on a short leash..... in my opinion.

The Bobcats won their season opener last year too.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I don't think that will happen. There just isn't enough talent on the starters. You need a superstar to be in the top four and the Pacers just don't have one and likely will never have one. Such is the fate of small market teams in general. OKC is a big exception to that rule. They got to draft a superstar and he is staying in OKC. That doesn't happen very often.... Vogel makes a lot of mistakes as a bench coach. I don't think he will be around for the long hall and if they Pacers come out and go 1-6 or something like that, I think he is gone and Shaw gets the job. Now, I am not saying that will happen and I certainly don't want it to happen but Vogel is on a short leash..... in my opinion.
    I agree that we still need to see if Vogel has what it takes to be a good bench coach.

I don't agree that he's on a short leash. I think he's earned some grace regarding long losing streaks (And didn't he have one his first year?) Also, I don't see Walsh as a quick trigger guy. In fact I think the leash would have been shorter with Bird. We'll see.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Every game we should have an advantage at one of the 5 positions. Kind of like a 5 headed monster who is attacking you .

I still can't wait to see what Granger will bring to the 2nd unit. CJ, Lance, Granger, Scola, Mahinmi sounds like a good team to have on the floor against most back up teams and even this Bobcat team. I have hopes that this will be another head to the monster. *this is hoping Granger comes back healthy and get back into things over the next 50-60 games.

Pacers are 14-1!

This winning percentage won't last, but this team is really awesome to see. Fighting Vogels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sopgy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sopgy View Post
    Every game we should have an advantage at one of the 5 positions. Kind of like a 5 headed monster who is attacking you .

I still can't wait to see what Granger will bring to the 2nd unit. CJ, Lance, Granger, Scola, Mahinmi sounds like a good team to have on the floor against most back up teams and even this Bobcat team. I have hopes that this will be another head to the monster. *this is hoping Granger comes back healthy and get back into things over the next 50-60 games.

Pacers are 14-1!

This winning percentage won't last, but this team is really awesome to see. Fighting Vogels!
    Somehow, you posted this on last year's thread. It's that or PD bugged
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Somehow, you posted this on last year's thread. It's that or PD bugged
    It's actually nice.

Crazy how far we've come in the last year.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    It's actually nice.

Crazy how far we've come in the last year.
    Well, it's certainly true that we have come a long way
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No, it's not nice. I thought they both came back.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth