Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Hill

Default Re: George Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone really think he's worth $40M? He's a solid player but drastically overpaid in a way that will hurt us moving forward.
    im on record saying i believe he'll be worth it eventually. if he can start putting up the numbers and playing the type of D he played last year, I think he'll be earning his money.

edit: Echoing Heisenberg, I do find it strange we didn't let him test the market. There's gotta be a reason, but I can't figure it out.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 11-03-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Does anyone really think he's worth $40M? He's a solid player but drastically overpaid in a way that will hurt us moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    im on record saying i believe he'll be worth it eventually. if he can start putting up the numbers and playing the type of D he played last year, I think he'll be earning his money.
    fwiw, I agree with CJ. Dude is playing hurt. If the Pacers had enough guys to play the point, he probably would be sitting. Let's give him a chance to get well before complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    GHill is clearly some kind of tweener. Nevertheless, he is worth the money. Why? Because he is a big game player.

It doesn't matter if it's the 1 or the 2. He will be in at the end of games. Because he has to be. His ability to perform when it counts will make him worth it. We need to surround him with a creative, playmaking two guard (Lance?) or a point guard that can compliment him. But I really don't think we will regret giving a solid contract to a big game player. My two cents.
    Just wanted to say that this is how I feel about George Hill and I believe that this is how the Pacers organisation feels about Hill.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a big fan of George Hill, but not necessarily as my starting point guard. I would probably be ok with it if we had somebody else, ANYBODY else, that could pass the ball at all in our starting unit. Unfortunately we do not, so our starting unit's offense is really just 3 dribbles and shoot the contested jumper or 3 dribbles and pass to the next guy who will do the same. It probably also doesn't help that for some reason we never start to run a play until there is like 10 seconds left on the shot clock.

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    Just wanted to say that this is how I feel about George Hill and I believe that this is how the Pacers organisation feels about Hill.
    I totally agree. He is fearless yet plays smart basketball...and you need both of those things to advance in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I think Hill is an average scorer, an average defender and a bad playmaker. I don't see the Billups comparison at all, Billups played like an all-star and was the best player on a championship team while Hill, like I said, is average.
    Personally, I don't think Hill is the "answer" at point guard, there are about 10-15 other starting point guards i'd take over him, but we gave Hill a long contract so we might as well wait and see whether he improves
    Thats why your dumb!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Future_NBA_Player For This Useful Post:

When your small forward, power forward, and center are all allstars you don't need a point guard that passes every time he touches the ball. He has to have good basketball IQ and be able to setup your best playmakers, not average a certain number of assists a night.