Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's odd, because LP Broadband only cares about where your ip says you are now. I'm guessing you were using a laptop with a cache that hadn't been cleared recently. They don't blackout games because the NBA doesn't want you to see more games, they blackout games because the tv networks have exclusive rights in their area. They make more per customer on LP anyway, I'm sure.
    If that's the case it wouldn't matter, it goes off the IP of the gateway, not the local machine.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wasn't sure whether or not discussing this violated board policies so I didn't say anything earlier. I know it's not sharing a link to an illegal stream, but it's definitely a gray area. But since it is being discussed...

They do determine access based on IP. A proxy server does work to get around this issue. Last night I forgot to fire up my proxy server first, so I wasn't able to access the Clippers game. I cleared the cache, shut down my browser, fired up Ultrasurf, re-started LP Broadband, and voila!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Yep, a proxy server would solve it. I'm just disgusted with League Pass Broadband. It's infuriating that they do such a ridiculously crappy job with a premium product.

I'm also disgusted that they waited until the tipoff to announce that the Fox Sports South partnership, meaning that I couldn't know that the game was blacked out until it wouldn't start for me.

But mostly I'm disgusted that I've been on customer chat a half-dozen times so far over the past three days, and each time the chat times out before a customer service rep gets there. I've got a support ticket open that's been unanswered since I opened it Wednesday. They simply aren't even trying to provide customer support. I'd be embarrassed to run a lemonade stand this way.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I've got to say, if I wasn't already encouraging people to stay away from League Pass, their phenomenally bad customer support would make me do it. I've never seen customer service this bad in my entire life. It's epic.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!