Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    I raged at League Pass Broadband last night, but this morning I think I figured out why the game was blocked.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fox-s...ntucky-2012-13

    ATLANTA (OCTOBER 31, 2012) - FOX Sports South is bringing NBA basketball to Kentucky. Throughout the 2012-13 NBA Season, FOX Sports South will televise 26 Indiana Pacers games and 42 Memphis Grizzlies games, starting with both teams’ regular season openers on October 31. The Pacers open their schedule on Halloween night at the Toronto Raptors at 7 p.m. ET, followed by the Grizzlies opening night match up vs. the Los Angeles Clippers at 10:30 p.m. ET.
    This is great news for the Pacers, but awful news for me. I don't have cable, so I don't get Fox Sports South. Does this mean that I'm going to miss an additional 26 Pacer games this year? If so, I'll probably cancel my LP Broadband.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #2

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Sounds like it
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  3. #3

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Guess you'll be spending time down at the Levee!
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    I don't get why they can't just air it over the internet with commercials and all, as if it is just normal cable. I mean there is literally no difference if you get it over the internet or through the cable box.

  5. #5

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Sorry about your loss, but this is waaay past due. We have a rather basketball crazy possible fan base just waiting to be tapped in KY., IMO. Now if we could cover all of Indiana and Cinn., we'd be on the way to doubling the base.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,334

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Louisville still can't have any of our home games though.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    does anyone know who most Kentucky NBA fans root for? It's great that the P's are reaching out

  10. #8
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,745

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    does anyone know who most Kentucky NBA fans root for? It's great that the P's are reaching out
    I don't think that many people in Kentucky care about the NBA. The world revolves around UK and U of L basketball there.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that many people in Kentucky care about the NBA. The world revolves around UK and U of L basketball there.
    almost like Indiana.

  13. #10
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,318
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that many people in Kentucky care about the NBA. The world revolves around UK and U of L basketball there.
    Oh I am sure there is a market though, some people would be shocked if they knew how well the Colts have gained popularity across Kentucky but I know I don't have to tell you that.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  14. #11
    Member BoomBaby31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (Marina del Rey)
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    It's called a proxy server, use it and don't get blacked out any games .

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoomBaby31 For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    His account will be associated with a viewing area. Proxy server won't fix it. I was blocked from Charlotte games, whether I was home or at a hotel in WA state. It's not the IP; it's the account name that matters, seems like.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  17. #13
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Can you change your address to Miami, since they are on ABC all of the time anyway?
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Angeles City, Philippines
    Posts
    20
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    I lived in Louisville and southern Indiana for nearly 20 years and rarely did I hear anyone mention the NBA. The few fans I did know were front runners who rooted for the Lakers or now for the Heat....

  20. #15
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I think the billing zip code is what determines what is blacked out. Don't quote me but its my thought.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #16

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    I am so disappointed in to hear about the blackout policies. I got LP as a gift for my anniversary from my fiance, but I am realizing that I will not be able to see any of the Pacer games at all due to them being televised on cable. But I do not have cable, nor do I want it. That was my whole reason to ask for LP in the first place. I am hoping that they will give me a refund because as much as I love NBA basketball, I don't have enough time to invest in any more teams than just the Pacers. So right now I am stuck. I can't imagine not seeing the games this season, so I will probably break down and subscribe to DirectTV or something. Anyway this sucks. Go Pacers.

  22. #17
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His account will be associated with a viewing area. Proxy server won't fix it. I was blocked from Charlotte games, whether I was home or at a hotel in WA state. It's not the IP; it's the account name that matters, seems like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the billing zip code is what determines what is blacked out. Don't quote me but its my thought.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Actually, it's based off of your IP address. The idea is that people who travel want to be able to watch their team, so if the game isn't available locally you get it on LPBB.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  24. #18
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Unless the Pacers draft a player who played at UK, I don't see them ever being interested in NBA basketball.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #19
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,745

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Too bad we didn't draft Rondo. UK fans would have without question made some trips to Indy to see him play.

  26. #20
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,745

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I am sure there is a market though, some people would be shocked if they knew how well the Colts have gained popularity across Kentucky but I know I don't have to tell you that.

    You are definitely right about that. I used to live in Southern Indiana near Louisville, and the Colts replaced the Bengals as the team most follow there. That's because during the Manning era, the CBS affiliate showed every Colts game after years of preferring the Bengals.

    However, the Pacers have not been aired down there prior to this. So people haven't been as exposed to them.

  27. #21
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His account will be associated with a viewing area. Proxy server won't fix it. I was blocked from Charlotte games, whether I was home or at a hotel in WA state. It's not the IP; it's the account name that matters, seems like.
    That's odd, because LP Broadband only cares about where your ip says you are now. I'm guessing you were using a laptop with a cache that hadn't been cleared recently. They don't blackout games because the NBA doesn't want you to see more games, they blackout games because the tv networks have exclusive rights in their area. They make more per customer on LP anyway, I'm sure.

  28. #22
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    First off, this really sucks for Anthem and people like him. The blackout policies are just plain dumb for a pay service.

    Now, that said, this is great news for the Pacers. I wonder if Fox Sports Midwest (St. Louis) would be interested in a similar deal since there's no hockey. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they went straight Memphis.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  29. #23
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    There are ways around the LP Broadband blackouts. You just need to do some careful searching on Google. I bought the end of season package last year for the last 10 games, and found a way to watch every single game regardless of blackout rules. I forget exactly how I ended up getting it to work, but it can be done. It wasn't all that difficult either. Do some searching.

  30. #24

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless the Pacers draft a player who played at UK, I don't see them ever being interested in NBA basketball.
    The Pacers could schedule some promotions to appeal to the Kentucky folks.

    you know,
    pay a certain amount per tooth you have,
    or bring your sister night,
    or maybe Trailer Park Tuesday

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  32. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So the Pacers are now being broadcast in Kentucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers could schedule some promotions to appeal to the Kentucky folks.

    you know,
    pay a certain amount per tooth you have,
    or bring your sister night,
    or maybe Trailer Park Tuesday

    Kentucky fans would probably wonder why our players make so little money.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
  2. Pacers Radio Broadcast Delay on WIBC
    By roadto2002wc in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 08:27 PM
  3. Anyone tape Pacers-Cavs Broadcast on 11/24?
    By joeyd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
  4. Kentucky Fried Pacers Preview
    By tora tora in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 11:47 PM
  5. Pacers Internet broadcast
    By wickedstick in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 10:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •