Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC had a quality game tonight

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: DC had a quality game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing was, DC looked good creating as well, although he may not have got the assist he was seeing open guys who were able to draw defenders and then get the assist, he played a really good game.
    DC thrives in a pick and roll type of game where he only needs to make one read--whether he needs to pull up for a mid range J, drive to the hole, or make a pass to the screener. If he needs to actually "run" a team and look to get multiple players FGA's in a variety of places, his lack of court vision and passing ability hampers him.

With the Mavs, he doesn't have many perimeter players looking to take a bunch of shots, or looking for the ball "in their spots". Meanwhile with the Pacers you've got to feed the post to Roy, try and run screen and roll with an immobile D.West, look for DG spotting up/coming off screens, look for PG on the break, etc.

With our post based offense, our PG needs to be strong off the ball/spotting up; which is what G.Hill is good at. This is why George was a better fit with the starters.

streets ahead

Tim MacMahon ‏(@espn_macmahon)
    Darren Collison has 16 points midway through the third quarter. Jason Kidd's season high last year was 15.
    10:20 PM - 30 Oct 12

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    I'm interested to see how much of a liability Nash turns out to be on defense. I know Dwight is phenomenal at protecting the rim, but can you imagine a seven game series with Nash guarding Rus Westbrook?
    I wouldn't expect to see Nash guarding him in the first place. Kobe would switch over.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    DC thrives in a pick and roll type of game where he only needs to make one read--whether he needs to pull up for a mid range J, drive to the hole, or make a pass to the screener. If he needs to actually "run" a team and look to get multiple players FGA's in a variety of places, his lack of court vision and passing ability hampers him.

With the Mavs, he doesn't have many perimeter players looking to take a bunch of shots, or looking for the ball "in their spots". Meanwhile with the Pacers you've got to feed the post to Roy, try and run screen and roll with an immobile D.West, look for DG spotting up/coming off screens, look for PG on the break, etc.

With our post based offense, our PG needs to be strong off the ball/spotting up; which is what G.Hill is good at. This is why George was a better fit with the starters.
    So what you are saying is that we need a traditional pg who can get it to guys at their spots? I understand that he has not had to hit guys in their spots last night, but he was able to see the open man cutting on most occasions, I guess we will see what happens once Kaman and Dirk come back and how that affects his game.
    Why so SERIOUS

There is something odd about the DC thing. He's very good in the pick and roll, he's a decent shooter, with enough talent to be a super sub at least... And he's been traded twice for 25 cents on the dollar.

Yes, he needs to run pick and rolls to be effective, but every team in the league runs some pick and roll, most run it a lot.

Maybe he finally breaks through in Dallas. Maybe it will be a matter where Ian fits here, Darren fits there.
    Last edited by danman; 11-02-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    So what you are saying is that we need a traditional pg who can get it to guys at their spots? I understand that he has not had to hit guys in their spots last night, but he was able to see the open man cutting on most occasions, I guess we will see what happens once Kaman and Dirk come back and how that affects his game.
    Not necessarily. What I'm saying is we need a PG who can contribute without having to dominate the ball (catch and shoot, can cut to the basket and get a layup) DC is more of a pick and role type guy who needs the ball. G.Hill is more of a guy who can catch and shoot out of a double team, cut to the basket for passes from the post, etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: