Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 223 of 223

Thread: Dolphins-Colts thread

  1. #201
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you forgot about Peyton, I like Luck but lets not go crazy here.
    I did not but Peyton came onto a playoff team. Luck has turned the worst team in the NFL into a playoff team.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #202

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  5. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did not but Peyton came onto a playoff team. Luck has turned the worst team in the NFL into a playoff team.
    Peyton is still the hall of famer, is like saying that Harden is the biggest adquisition of the off season because Houston sucked so Howard doesn't count because he went to a playoffs team, it makes no sense.

    Now if you want to say 2nd or 3rd biggest adquisition then you probably have a point.

  6. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    By the way getting rid of Polian and whoever the coach was is a huge deal too, so while Luck has been amazing getting rid of those two has helped the Colts in a huge way.

  7. #205
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's great seeing his treatment process moving well so far.

    Hoping for all the best and looking forward to seeing him back strong next year.

  8. #206

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way getting rid of Polian and whoever the coach was is a huge deal too, so while Luck has been amazing getting rid of those two has helped the Colts in a huge way.
    Jim Caldwell and yes I agree I doubt Luck would be this successful if those two were still here.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  10. #207
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck played fantastic. Great win....
    Hey!!

    You know I am just messing with you.

  11. #208

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    I think its important to note that Luck also has the benefit of good coaching. Where as A) Caldwell was an idiot and B) He was basically a lame duck coach by week 10

  12. #209
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    That speech was very powerful. Damn.

    This team is inspired and as they should be.

    Bring it home for Chuck, keep winning!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  13. #210

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    No longer have a shot at 2-14.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  15. #211
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    I was at the game is there an update on avery? Looked like he was kneed in tge kidney

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #212
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That speech was very powerful. Damn.

    This team is inspired and as they should be.

    Bring it home for Chuck, keep winning!
    To follow up Luck's performance with video of that speech was tremendous. What a speech. Irsay was in tears, with them in the locker room.... horrible guy that he is.

    I've been having shoulder pain and stiffness from working out for a few months now. I think it's tendonitis... both shoulders. I've been doing my workout regimen for a long time, but these last few months have been painful. It's had me a lil' worried about my shouders, I was afraid I had torn something, put too much on, and done some serious damage, and it's been keeping me from actually working out regularly for a few months now. I watched that speech, saw his face and expressions and was like "wtf am I worried about? I'm worried 'bout my damn shoulders, and this guy has real issues. My shoulders are fine, I'm bein' a pussy, I'm f'n goin downstairs right now and workin' out" and so I did. Went downstairs, rubbed the soreness out for a few minutes, did some stretches, and did a full workout. Shoulders feel pretty good. My workouts are stupid and minor, but that was an inspirational speech. Puts things in perspective. I knew they were going through things, but to see him express it made it real.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  18. #213
    Member Grangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lorain, Ohio
    Posts
    87
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    interesting numbers....

    thru 8 games

    Peyton 2404 passing yards
    Andrew 2404 passing yards

  19. #214

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think its important to note that Luck also has the benefit of good coaching. Where as A) Caldwell was an idiot and B) He was basically a lame duck coach by week 10
    He was a lame duck coach since Day 1 if you think about it he was there to not rock the boat him getting into the SB the first season pretty much saved his job for a lot longer than it should've been.

    But yes Luck has a different regime to answer too one that helps him and his growth.

    I don't think Luck would be nearly as successful if Caldwell/Polian were still around.

    And yes Chuck's speech was touching the Colts have exceeded my expectations for the year I had them at 4-12 anything they do for the rest of the season is gravy.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  21. #215
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,799

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    You can't even put into words what this team is doing right now. This is one of the most special runs I've ever watched as a sports fan. Pagano's speech in the locker room was just incredible. I can see why these guys love him. He was a great hire.

    In the Manning years, winning in the regular season got to the point where it was a formality that was to be expected. You obviously can't complain when your team is winning 12 plus games like we were every year. But it's fun rooting for a team that is winning games when most people had zero expectations for them. Every win this season feels like a bonus and its enjoyable.

    What can you say about Luck? The throws he made yesterday were veteran throws. There's really nothing he can't do out there. He doesn't get scared when he sees a defender coming at him and always seems to make a play. Is there anyone out there who doesn't think he can throw the long ball now? He threw some pretty balls yesterday. When he missed on a long ball, it was actually because he slightly overthrew it. The guy can clearly sling it around.

    4-1 at home. We have a great home field advantage right now. This Thursday's game in Jacksonville is big. We have the opportunity to: 1) Get revenge on Jacksonville for week 3, 2) Get another big road win against a division opponent, and 3) put ourselves in excellent position for a playoff spot. The Jags look pretty bad right now as their only win of the season was against us. I would hate it if they improved to 2-7 with both of their wins being against the Colts. We really need to go down there and take care of business. This week will tell us a lot about just how good this team is. If we win on the road in a short week against a team who beat us earlier in the year then we will really be felling great about this team. After Thursday, we will either be one game over .500 or three games over. Huge huge game.

    I appreciate the talent Polian brought in here over the years, but it's nice not having his personality loom over the franchise anymore. It's very refreshing. A change was needed.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-05-2012 at 08:28 AM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  23. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he hasn't, RG3 has.
    Neither one of them was the biggest acquisition... Peyton has that wrapped up and will be a contender or MVP and could win it if Atlanta loses a couple of games...

  24. #217
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,799

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    No one has changed their team's fortunes more drastically than Luck has this year. From 2-14 to 5-3. Our team has a completely different attitude to it and that is mostly because of Luck. He's doing this with a roster that has like 40 mil in dead cap. Our roster is arguably more thin than last year. Luck is the difference.

    RGIII so far hasn't done much to change the Redskins success. 5-11 last year and 3-6 so far this year. We'll see how they finish, but so far RGIII isn't making a big difference in the win column.

    Broncos were 8-8 last year and are 5-3 now. Clearly they have been getting their mojo lately and it will be interesting to see how they finish. I wouldn't be surprised if they only lose one more game.

  25. #218
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,799

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Also, all of the people who said that the Colts and their fanbase would crumble once Manning left were clearly wrong. The team is 5-3 and we haven't had a blackout. We should easily sellout the remaining of the season. I think that what I've been saying for years is correct. Many people became fans initially because of Manning, but in the process they developed a deep loyalty for the horseshoe itself.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-05-2012 at 11:34 PM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  27. #219
    Member Flibertygibits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    33
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    I didn't notice this during the game, but I was watching NFL AM after I got off work this morning and I couldn't help noticing two little details in the game that I haven't seen or noticed before...perhaps I'm just a little slow.

    The first thing I noticed is that is that Blue's mohawk is orange instead of white. I don't go to the games because of my work schedule and they don't really show the mascot on TV so I never noticed it.

    The second thing I noticed is that the "unofficial" first down marker wasn't yellow, and in fact orange. Granted I wake up early right before the game so I can watch it live and, therefore, not paying too much attention because I'm not fully awake yet.

    I really wasn't paying much attention when we played the Brown's at home and didn't record it...plus I should really be asleep instead of youtubing highlights of that game. I don't know if Irsay lobbied to get it changed for our home games or what, but I can only tip my hat to them because they are a class act.

  28. #220
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither one of them was the biggest acquisition... Peyton has that wrapped up and will be a contender or MVP and could win it if Atlanta loses a couple of games...
    Luck, record 433 yards in a game, 5-3 record. RG3, 3-6. Luck is better
    Smothered Chicken!

  29. #221
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,799

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That has to be one of the most inspiring things I've ever seen.

  30. #222
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the ****ing man.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. #223

    Default Re: Dolphins-Colts thread

    Pagano will see both of his visions out. I can feel it.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Dolphins win!
    By tdubb03 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 02:11 AM
  2. heywoode's Colts cheerleader photo thread Colts-Chiefs 11/18/07
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 08:42 PM
  3. Dolphins-Colts game moved back
    By Frank Slade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 01:32 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 04:13 PM
  5. Dolphins actually stupid?
    By btowncolt in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •