Wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread, but wanted to discuss the Fan Jam. I thought it seemed like the crowd was bigger than usual, but can't be sure. Here are my thoughts...
- was a bit disturbed at David West's language. This year the front row was reserved for "Kid VIPs," one of which was my 5 year old son. Selection to sit there was random, btw. He dropped 2 f-bombs and told Coach Burke (who was a ref for the scrimmage) "that was a p***** call!"
- impressed by Miles Plumlee. Nice block on Hibs. Nice dunk. Funny and likeable.
- Sam Young made a lot of effort to be nice during autographs. Paul George also was cool. Tyler seemed pissed at the world, but I think that's just him.
- the Fieldhouse needs drink carriers (spilled Coke on my shirt)!
- incredibly fun...my son loved it. The singing, dancing, dunking, etc was a nice way to make new fans. We've been the last few years as a fam (and I've been every year that I can remember), but this seemed ldifferent this year...not sure why.