Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harden traded to Houston

Default Re: Harden traded to Houston

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apples to Oranges. The Pacers aren't in the same financial situation as the Thunder. Hibbert is the only Max player on the team and his max is less than either Durant's or Westbrook's max.

The Pacers will still be under the salary cap at the end of this season. West's 10 million comes off the books at the end of this season and when Paul is due to be a restricted free agent, they could trade Granger at the deadline or just let him go at the end of the season if Paul reaches his potential.
    i simply can't agree with "Thunder won this trade" or "Houston screwed up" arguments which you were making earlier.
    the argument you are making now is 'the Thunder made the best they could out of a bad situation'. It's a very different argument. And while i don't necessarily agree with it either (I'd rather have a legit star and add cheap role players, which they were able to do), it's far more feasible.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    If OKC does get back into the NBA Finals it won't be because of the players they received from The Rockets, it will be because of Westbrook and Durant. Puts more pressure on those two, especially Westbrook, who has to be the main playmaker in the fourth quarter now.

I'd rather have Harden - unless somehwere down the road one of the draft choices turns into someone - but that is several years from now.
    They would've had to either go all-in this year or lose Harden forever. Don't forget Ibaka though (the Thunder in a way pretty much chose him over Harden), going off the Olympics, he could be a bigger force in that offense. Martin's a pretty good player, but he's not a playmaker like Harden is for anyone but himself. I'm kind of surprised the Rockets maybe didn't buy low on someone like Tyreke Evans in a trade (a playmaking off guard albeit a ballhog).

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    They would've had to either go all-in this year or lose Harden forever. Don't forget Ibaka though (the Thunder in a way pretty much chose him over Harden), going off the Olympics, he could be a bigger force in that offense. Martin's a pretty good player, but he's not a playmaker like Harden is for anyone but himself. I'm kind of surprised the Rockets maybe didn't buy low on someone like Tyreke Evans in a trade (a playmaking off guard albeit a ballhog).
    i wonder if the Kings are selling low. they keep adding new ball hogs. they have 6 or 7 ball hogging guards now. they seem to like them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Why not? overall they did not lose a ridiculous amount in trading Harden for all those pieces, maybe this changes a couple of games in the season, but they still have a powerhouse roster, with even more depth now.
    I think they downgraded pretty significantly. They lost a guy in Harden, who if he were on the Pacers, would be our best player by a pretty wide margin. In return (at least for this year) they recieved two players that wouldn't sniff the starting line up for our Pacers. Martin is the Troy Murphy of 2 guards. Empty stats and some of the worst defense you are ever likely to see. The rest comes down to where you think Lamb is. I see Brandon Rush 2.0 in him. That's not a bad thing, but a steep downgrade from someone of Harden's skill level.

That said, I don't think it's a bad trade for the Thunder. They made a move based on finances, and still managed to get back some assets. If you would have told me a year ago that Harden would have more trade value than Dwight Howard, I would have said you were nuts, yet here we are.

Mood

James Harden may come close to the scoring title this year. The more I dive analytically into his game(im not a huge analytic guy btw) he is going to be a monster as the focal point. Like i pointed out earlier Morey probably looked at these stats and thinks he is getting a steal and he may be right. He is pretty underrated if his #s transfer with more PT. I actually think he will be better as the focal point than the 3rd wheel it fits his style to have the ball and the offense run though him. Thats why his #s are almost doubled when he was on the floor without Westbrook and Durant. Offensively you can run a offense though him and it will probably be pretty good with the right pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    James Harden may come close to the scoring title this year.
    No way! Harden is nice, but not that nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    James Harden may come close to the scoring title this year. The more I dive analytically into his game(im not a huge analytic guy btw) he is going to be a monster as the focal point. Like i pointed out earlier Morey probably looked at these stats and thinks he is getting a steal and he may be right. He is pretty underrated if his #s transfer with more PT. I actually think he will be better as the focal point than the 3rd wheel it fits his style to have the ball and the offense run though him. Thats why his #s are almost doubled when he was on the floor without Westbrook and Durant. Offensively you can run a offense though him and it will probably be pretty good with the right pieces.
    With Lin next to him though, Harden's going to have to share the ball since Lin is no off-the-ball player. The fit is poor unless Lin is able to improve his spot-up shooting. Defensively they're not a good pair either since neither of them makes up for the other's deficiencies.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    With Lin next to him though, Harden's going to have to share the ball since Lin is no off-the-ball player. The fit is poor unless Lin is able to improve his spot-up shooting. Defensively they're not a good pair either since neither of them makes up for the other's deficiencies.
    i never got the sense that Harden was a ball dominant Guard....he played on a Team with Durant and Westbrook and still was able to produce at an efficient enough rate to be considered the 3rd best SG in the league. I don't think that he will get close to the scoring Title....but he should score in the late teens to early 20s with Lin running the point.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    i never got the sense that Harden was a ball dominant Guard....he played on a Team with Durant and Westbrook and still was able to produce at an efficient enough rate to be considered the 3rd best SG in the league. I don't think that he will get close to the scoring Title....but he should score in the late teens to early 20s with Lin running the point.
    Harden is good off the ball, but he's so great with the ball that you want him to be quite ball dominant. I think Harden's a better point guard on that team than Lin, to be honest.

regarding Lin vs. Thunder guys.

Both Westbrook and Durant have good value off the ball. Durant especially, but Westbrook too because of his athleticism and activity level off the ball. Which made it possible for Harden to be the main playmaker on that team for long stretches, especially in most of those Spurs games.
    Lin is far worse in that regard, IMO. Off the ball, he's just a spot up shooter who can't shoot. But he's smart, so maybe he'll adjust.

Another thing. Even though Durant/Westbrook weren't bad fits, Harden was far better when the offense was built around him.
    Harden was scoring 30+ points per 36 minutes with both of Durant and Westbrook on the bench. And under 15 with both of them on the floor. His efficiency and passing stats were also quite a bit better as the #1 option.
    I've seen arguments that it's all because he played vs. bench guys, but we haven't seen anything like it with other 6th men like Jason Terry, Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford.

So it will be very interesting to watch Harden-Lin dynamics. I don't like that pairing. Lin is kind of a severely underdeveloped Harden, but Lin needs the ball more.

And all that said, i still think he's going to have Granger-2009 type scoring numbers, even with Lin.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    So it will be very interesting to watch Harden-Lin dynamics. I don't like that pairing. Lin is kind of a severely underdeveloped Harden, but Lin needs the ball more.

And all that said, i still think he's going to have Granger-2009 type scoring numbers, even with Lin.
    It's a good point. Actually I'd swap Hill for Lin right now (and I'm a big Hill fan), which I think would make a ton of sense for both teams. Much better fit.

Undefeated

PREDICTION ALERT

By the end of this year, everyone's stock will have dropped significantly on Harden. People will have realised that without either Durant or Westbrook on the floor at the same time to create space for him, he is not a superstar player. Good, maybe top 50-75, but that's it. People will also realise that his high energy offensive game doesn't translate well in the play-offs (if they make it) when the game slows down and teams are more focused on D on each posession. Harden was downright awful last year against the Heat, and his flaws will be more exposed as he takes on a starters role and becomes more of a focus in other team's game-plans. Harden's stats per 36 will take a significant hit across the board this year.

People on here love Harden and I've never figured out why. This will be the year I am proved right, and they are proved wrong!

(Come the end of the year, I will reference this post, either to eat crow or flaunt it in everyone's face)
    Danger Zone

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...19170804441089
    James Harden has agreed to a 5 year, $80 million deal with Houston, source tells Y!
    yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    PREDICTION ALERT

By the end of this year, everyone's stock will have dropped significantly on Harden. People will have realised that without either Durant or Westbrook on the floor at the same time to create space for him, he is not a superstar player. Good, maybe top 50-75, but that's it. People will also realise that his high energy offensive game doesn't translate well in the play-offs (if they make it) when the game slows down and teams are more focused on D on each posession. Harden was downright awful last year against the Heat, and his flaws will be more exposed as he takes on a starters role and becomes more of a focus in other team's game-plans. Harden's stats per 36 will take a significant hit across the board this year.

People on here love Harden and I've never figured out why. This will be the year I am proved right, and they are proved wrong!

(Come the end of the year, I will reference this post, either to eat crow or flaunt it in everyone's face)
    I don't want to make you seriously doubt your prediction. But I have some bad news:

Harden has been way more effective with both Durantala and Westbrook on the bench.

And Harden getting beat by the best shooting guard, and the best defensive two guard in the game doesn't mean he won't beat everyone else. Because he will.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

harden for 5 and 80?
    no thanks. he's good but not THAT good.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

I think Harden is going to suprise some of you. I watched OKC religiously over the last couple seasons. That dude can PLAY. I'm absolutely shocked at all the people who think he's overrated.

Just as a note, his first quarter in Houston, 7 points, 2 boards, 4 assists and a block.

*EDIT* As I typed I watched him hit a 3 and take 2 guys off the dribble for a layup through the foul that wasn't called, and then threw an assist. This guy is a beast. I don't know what you guys are seeing.
    Last edited by xBulletproof; 10-31-2012 at 07:06 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I think Harden is going to suprise some of you. I watched OKC religiously over the last couple seasons. That dude can PLAY. I'm absolutely shocked at all the people who think he's overrated.

Just as a note, his first quarter in Houston, 7 points, 2 boards, 4 assists and a block.

*EDIT* As I typed I watched him hit a 3 and take 2 guys off the dribble for a layup through the foul that wasn't called, and then threw an assist. This guy is a beast. I don't know what you guys are seeing.
    Likely the same people who were trashing him when he was coming out of Arizona State. Harden was the only source of ball movement when Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were on the court at the same time. Sure, he had a poor Finals, but he was otherwise nothing less than great for OKC.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

25 for Harden with 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. This game is close, so Harden could go for 40. He's been very impressive.

Oh yeah, I forgot, 7 assists too.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Harden is worth every penny of that contract.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    No doubt especially when guys like Derozen are getting 10+ a year. My only dislike of the trade is how will HOU get the pieces to put around him? But no doubt he is elite offensily and HOU won't have 2 worry about finding a #1 option. So looking back they really couldn't of made a better move but for me to fully judge the trade I need to see what Morey does next.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    If the season were 1 game long. But he is sho nuff hoopin tonight

Good Lord, Harden is great, but Houstons' team is terrible.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

34 for Harden, damn.

34 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 block.

Half of the 4th quarter still to go. I really, really love his game. People overlook him because he doesn't play athletic. Even if he is. He just doesn't need to play that way.

I'll love to hear Kstat's impressions as I know he's watching this game closer that we were, as the Pacers played at the same time. I've watched it on every commercial and breaks, but whew. Harden is a beast.

Banned

I know is just one game but it look like OKC was r****.

Bah, this Houston team is terrible and Harden looks like all the advanced stats said he would and he is willing them to victory on the road. Sorry, but I think my gut was right on this one. OKC just punted an incredible chance at a title.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: