Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Granger Injury.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger Injury.

Starters should now be Augustin, Hill, George, West, Hibbert. Offensively, what a lineup! Ball movement should be awesome, good shooters at most points on the court. Defense could prove problematic against teams with quick penetrators though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Banned

According to Wells Hill is not ready to play either, so it looks like the starting unit is going to be different for a while.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to Wells Hill is not ready to play either, so it looks like the starting unit is going to be different for a while.
    I don't think Wells is saying Granger is not prepared to play. He's just saying if he does so, it will be with pain. I think, like West, Granger will set an example for the younger players by playing with/through pain. The Pacers have high expectations and that requires granger, and more importantly, he knows it.

I say play Granger as much as is required to win games. No less, and hopefully not much more.

If he has to play in order for the scar tissue to break up, doesn't that mean that Granger will be playing.

He's just going to be hurting? Which means we are likely to see a decreased performance from him.

I'm more concerned about Hill to be honest. Hip pointers can linger.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That's crazy talk. Who says Danny takes summers off?
    I thought I heard people say as much in relation to how he starts off so slow every season. Of course, I could be mistaken. It happened once before, in 1993.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I thought I heard people say as much in relation to how he starts off so slow every season. Of course, I could be mistaken. It happened once before, in 1993.
    The only place I've ever heard it is from people on this board that don't like Danny

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Shoulda debuted that scoreboard during the WNBA Finals...

Whether or not he's out at sporadic times during the season, Paul and/or Gerald should fill in very nicely.

This is where Sam Young comes in handy. A solid player to have when needed.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Agree. If Danny needs to play to break up the scars and play through the pain, I think that's what he will do. I believe DG played thru a lot more pain than we heard about last year. If Frank has to limit Danny's time, it will give us an earlier look at PG, Green and Young. Silver lining?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we should start Gerald Green and let Granger rest. If he doesn't get better, we can trade him (probably for nothing) or if we can, amnesty him.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusJMG View Post
    I think we should start Gerald Green and let Granger rest. If he doesn't get better, we can trade him (probably for nothing) or if we can, amnesty him.
    This stuff is hilarious. People are acting like his leg got chopped off.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm concerned, but not overly freaking out. If he's hobbled all season clearly that changes the outlook. And yet Green getting more playing time intrigues me.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

amnesty granger

WTF?
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Banned

His leg is not shopped off but if you are not worried I don't know what to tell you, and nope I don't think Green, PG or anybody else on the Pacers can replace him.

At this point lets hope he can play and not be a burden like JO, Dunleavy, etc.

Mood

It isn't unprecedented for PRP to take multiple injections to really get back, and there is a 4-6 waiting period between each one. Also, we know that he has experienced reduction in pain from articles a few weeks back. Since then he's started working it harder, and he's experiencing pain due to built up scar tissue in the knee, which Danny notes, pain resulting from the built up scar tissue won't go away by resting it, which he mentioned as well, thus, he has to play through it, in spite of the pain. As he builds up game-strength in the knee, and the PRP therapy stimulates his natural healing factors in the knee, repairing the scar tissue he should feel less and less pain over time. Danny hasn't even mentioned sitting out at all, that was editorializing on the part of Wells, whom i've learned not to put too much creedance in if he isn't directly reporting something. Danny will be grimacing for a while, but once some more of that scar tissue is broken up he'll be better off in the long run. We're lucky enough to have some decent depth now, so that we don't force Danny to push it too far too early.
    Last edited by daschysta; 10-27-2012 at 08:43 PM.

i just hope it doesn't turn into an injury like this plantar Fascia which was made much worse by his over compensating while playing injured.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Anyway, didn't the Pacers amnesty Posey?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trade him for nothing or amnesty...

The Granger for Humphries trade idea just got topped.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Anyway, didn't the Pacers amnesty Posey?
    yep

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    i just hope it doesn't turn into an injury like this plantar Fascia which was made much worse by his over compensating while playing injured.
    It appears to be scar tissue in the knee, it's not something that should really structurally affect gait or anything it will be sore, and hurt, but I don't think it is something that's going to get re-aggravated due to playing on it, unless of course he injures it in some unrelated incident, which could always happen.

His leg is not shopped off but if you are not worried I don't know what to tell you, and nope I don't think Green, PG or anybody else on the Pacers can replace him.
    Wait, what? The way you talk, I'd figure Granger could be replaced by an 80-year-old with a walker.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

J7F

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    It isn't unprecedented for PRP to take multiple injections to really get back, and there is a 4-6 waiting period between each one.
    More information like this, please!

I don't really understand the procedure that Granger had, but I'd like to hear more about it. All I heard is that it's the same one Kobe had, and Kobe's leg doesn't seem to have fallen off since then.

What is PRP? Why does a player have it done? Is this related to the knee injury he had in college? What's long-term prognosis look like? What should we expect in the interim?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Wait, what? The way you talk, I'd figure Granger could be replaced by an 80-year-old with a walker.
    Not an 80 years old man with a walker but more like a Mike Dunleavy after the surgery, or JO, or Jeff Foster, or Bender,etc, I know that many of you love to ignore it but Danny dropped to the Pacers because teams expected this to happen, his knee is going to be an issue with scar tissue or not.

And nope I'm not comparing him to Dunleavy or JO I'm just using it an example in how much productivity looks like Danny is going to lose with this constant pain in his knee.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-27-2012 at 10:06 PM.

nope I don't think Green, PG or anybody else on the Pacers can replace him.
    Not an 80 years old man with a walker but more like a Mike Dunleavy after the surgery, or JO, or Jeff Foster, or Bender,etc
    That doesn't make any sense. He can't be replaced by Green or Paul George, but he can be replaced by Dunleavy, JO, Foster, or Bender?

Am I being punked right now?

Enjoy your time at PD!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

That doesn't make any sense. He can't be replaced by Green or Paul George, but he can be replaced by Dunleavy, JO, Foster, or Bender?

Am I being punked right now?
    I think we're lost in translation here.

I believe vnzla is saying that he worries Granger's knee trouble may turn into something similar to what we saw with MDJ after the surgery, never returning to form. Or JO never getting back to his All-Star form. Or the terrible Bender saga where he could never stay healthy enough to shock the world. Not that any of those players could replace Danny.

At least, that's the only thing that makes sense.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

35. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post: