Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Granger Injury.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Granger Injury.

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    I'm not sold Granger will play the entire season after this quote “(The knee) is testing me." (Cont)

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    More Granger: "They’re telling me the pain can’t do anything else to my knee. I’m going to have to play through the pain, but it hurts.”

does not sound good at all.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Banned

Default Re: Granger Injury.

No good, this reminds me of Dunleavy and his knee.

So does the knee have any chance of improving? Even if we shut him down?

Last thing I heard about his knee was that he had to play on it to break up the scar tissue in order for it to heal correctly. So it would make sense that it would hurt after a real game where he got extended burn. But still doesn't bode well for the entire season. I'd rather see them shut him down from game action until its actually good.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Start Green and rest Granger

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dude looked like he was limping all game. This is such a bummer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So does the knee have any chance of improving? Even if we shut him down?
    It looks to me like is the kind of injury that doesn't improve with rest.

Yikes. There is nothing more disconcerting than pain in your knee. Even if the pain is not that bad it just makes you feel awkward and hesitant.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

So what's the actual diagnosis? What's the specific injury?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Granger to always feel knee issue: Indiana small forward Danny Granger will make his preseason debut Tuesday against Cleveland after sitting out all of the preseason with a left knee injury, reports the Indianapolis Star Monday. Granger will start for the Pacers. "It feels good (to be able to play)," Granger said. "I've been practicing for the past week and a half, but this will be the first time I've had some game experience. It's good to get my feet wet a little bit." Granger remains the starter for the Pacers at the small forward position heading into the season. His knee injury may never get back to 100 percent and he has said he will continue to feel some soreness. "I'll always have soreness, but it's a different kind of soreness than you expect," Granger said. "It's not like my knee is sore and I should lay off. We have to put stress on it and break up some of the scar tissue."
    (Updated 10/22/12)
    http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan.../danny-granger

Since it's a Danny thread figured I may as well post it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...D-bYAM#t=1253s

Iguodala did a chat with a bunch of Nuggets bloggers (which is AWESOME). Listen to who he talks about being a great scorer.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I have zero problems reducing Granger's minutes and boosting Green's minutes.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I have zero problems reducing Granger's minutes and boosting Green's minutes.
    Honestly, this.

If we have to play Gerald a little more, I don't think it's going to hurt us. Maybe later in the season when Granger has worked his way out of the pain a little more, and especially into the playoffs, that rotation can be changed to have Danny getting his normal minutes. But throughout the regular season, treat him like Tim Duncan. Don't ask too much, save him for the playoffs.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

If we were "statistically due" for an injury to a starter, Granger is probably the best case scenario. Obviously losing Roy for an extended period of time would be the worst case scenario, an injury to George would be perhaps most detrimental to the team going forward as it would presumably hinder his development, if West went down we'll probably be forced to look at trading for a replacement, and if something happens to Hill we'll be forced to rely on an unproven bench guy or consider bringing someone in. If this seriously threatens Granger's season, the Pacers can move guys (Green to SG and George to SF - which could be a blessing in disguise anyway). Still a major bummer, but you know what they say about clouds and silver linings.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    If we were "statistically due" for an injury to a starter, Granger is probably the best case scenario. Obviously losing Roy for an extended period of time would be the worst case scenario, an injury to George would be perhaps most detrimental to the team going forward as it would presumably hinder his development, if West went down we'll probably be forced to look at trading for a replacement, and if something happens to Hill we'll be forced to rely on an unproven bench guy or consider bringing someone in. If this seriously threatens Granger's season, the Pacers can move guys (Green to SG and George to SF - which could be a blessing in disguise anyway). Still a major bummer, but you know what they say about clouds and silver linings.
    I don't think so. Neither Green nor George have shown to be consistent on either sides of the court, something Granger has been last year. I don't think Green covers for a Granger injury at all. I'd much rather have Hill, George or West injured than Granger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

You would rather Hill be hurt. Are you serious. Sure Augustin is consistent on D but its consistently bad

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I wonder if this is related to the talk that Danny takes summers off. I'm no doctor, but common sense tells me the scar tissue would get a chance to build up more with non-activity. Now he has to "break it up" again by playing games.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

If there's a silver lining, I guess it's that it would give the team's younger players (specifically George, and maybe Hibbert to a lesser extent) an opportunity to put up more shots. Granger seems to feel that he (still) needs to do it all on offense; his shot attempts per game have gone down somewhat as the team improved, but it's probably still a little too high considering his efficiency and the emerging talent around him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As crappy as this is for Danny, what an opportunity for Green. This could be his chance to prove himself worthy of being a starting caliber player.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Have to monitor his minutes and get him as much rest as possible. I'm fine if he misses games to recoup. This should still be a playoff team without Granger...just an 8th seed one though instead of a top seed.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Have to monitor his minutes and get him as much rest as possible. I'm fine if he misses games to recoup. This should still be a playoff team without Granger...just an 8th seed one though instead of a top seed.
    Are you kidding? First, Granger isn't even confirmed to be out for any games yet, this isn't a situation where rest is going to fix it, second we would be well above an 8th seed even without Danny.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Are you kidding? First, Granger isn't even confirmed to be out for any games yet, this isn't a situation where rest is going to fix it, second we would be well above an 8th seed even without Danny.
    I'm not sure you make the playoffs at all with a major injury to Granger, Hibbert or West.....

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I wonder if this is related to the talk that Danny takes summers off. I'm no doctor, but common sense tells me the scar tissue would get a chance to build up more with non-activity. Now he has to "break it up" again by playing games.
    That's crazy talk. Who says Danny takes summers off?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This is nonsense. There is video proof off him working out during the offseason with Paul George and Nick Young last year before the lockout started. There was even an entire thread about it. The year before that he spent the summer working out with Team USA and won a Gold Medal in the World Basketball Championships. This summer he was the player that organized the team workout week in August.

Wherever you heard that he doesn't workout during the summer, you heard wrong.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

If Granger is out for an extended period I wouldn't be surprised to see DJ/Hill/George/West/Hibbert starting with Green at the 6th man.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post: