Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers vs Bulls preseason game tonight

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers vs Bulls preseason game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cant help it but its time we cut or trade Lance.

I know hes just 22 but he just looks like the same old Lance who cant shoot to save his life, is an awful defender, and is too flashy and out of control offensively.
    Him and Hans need to take dance classes or something, his feet suck. At least Hansbrough's a big bruiser so it's sort of excusable, but Lance either flat busts his *** or stumbles almost to the point of having to catching himself with his hands at least once a game.

He also has this weird gait, and so's Hans. It doesn't really matter but they both have pretty poor fine motor skills by NBA standards.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm watching it recorded, and there's just under 3:00 left in the fourth right now. Seeing them come back (yes, I know they're going to lose anyways), I kind of get the feeling that when they turn up the intensity, they're going to be very tough. I don't think they are even fully dialed in now, so we'll see.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Wow, this makes me mad. Pacers come back from the Bulls game and PG finds this:

Came home to this.. Forgiato rims stolen.. Smh Indy! You can&... on Twitpic
    Last edited by ECKrueger; 10-27-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Mood

One more note: Bulls fans are the worst.

That stadium was absolutely dead for almost this entire game. No noise, no cheering, nothing. A couple of dunks got a mild round of applause.

Then when the game is over, all of a sudden, the "let's go bulls" chant starts? What a joke.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    I'm watching it recorded, and there's just under 3:00 left in the fourth right now. Seeing them come back (yes, I know they're going to lose anyways), I kind of get the feeling that when they turn up the intensity, they're going to be very tough. I don't think they are even fully dialed in now, so we'll see.
    The Pacers need another PF who is mobile and aggressive. The Bulls forwards and center are all very mobile.
    Hans and West are plodders. One would be ok and that would have to be West. The Pacers were killed on the offensive boards. It cost them the game. The Bulls were going regular season/playoff speed.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I know he had a good second half on offense but David West was just killing me tonight with his lack of mobility on defense. During the game I kept thinking to myself how desperately we needed some form of athleticism from the 4 spot, between David West & Tyler Hansbrough we had none.

I kept praying to see Ian & Roy together.

That is the one major deficiency of this team. Plodders at the PF except for Ian. What a player.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Encourage that they hung in and made it close in the end. Otherwise, I was very underwhelmed in the first major exposure for me this preseason - watching that is.

Liked what I saw from Mahinmi, Roy on offense (but thought he was weak on boards), Augustin on offense (but matador D will be the norm), West on offense only and only 2nd half.

Lance, Tyler, Paul, Danny, Green (except for a couple dunks) were disappointing. Also, surprised to see no Young. Is it a good sign or a bad sign he got no run at all?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy continues to look really good here in the pre-season. I remember when I used to dread his matchup with Noah, but he can pretty much manhandle him these days. He looks really, really good in the post, I think he'll be back in the ASG, especially if Danny is brought along a bit slowly as well as Hill I could see Roy putting up 15-17 ppg provided he play 31-32 mpg. We need to minimize Tyler Hansbroughs limits, and lean on Ian to be playing backup 4 and 5, on the floor with either Roy or David as much as possible. His mobility is a huge asset when paired with West especially, but I like the twin towers lineup too.

I didn't really take much from this game. The Bulls were clearly more amped up than we were, and we turned it over a ton, plus they rode their starters alot more. We played a bad game, but I never got that hopeless sense where you feel like you couldn't come back at any given time if we were really giving regular season effort.
    Last edited by daschysta; 10-27-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Encourage that they hung in and made it close in the end. Otherwise, I was very underwhelmed in the first major exposure for me this preseason - watching that is.

Liked what I saw from Mahinmi, Roy on offense (but thought he was weak on boards), Augustin on offense (but matador D will be the norm), West on offense only and only 2nd half.

Lance, Tyler, Paul, Danny, Green (except for a couple dunks) were disappointing. Also, surprised to see no Young. Is it a good sign or a bad sign he got no run at all?
    Roy outrebounded his man, it was West's guy, Taj Gibson that got 11 rebounds in 22 minutes. West is looking super productive putting the ball in the basket, but a good rebounder will abuse him in that regard.

Mood

Quinn mentioned a number of times that the Pacers didn't really bring the energy they needed to in this game. As the pre-season finale, that didn't really bother me. In the fourth quarter, they seemed to pick it up a little and made it a real game. Given full health and focus for a full game, and the Pacers are going to abuse a lot of teams.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

The energy was low, but there were a few items that needs to be addressed. Fix these and the team is rolling.

1) Track your man, body up your man. West and Danny both kept letting their man drift too far away and often failed to stick a body on them when shots went up. That put back dunk over West was Danny's man curling from the wing for example. West could easily keep his man at bay if he'd just keep his hip on him.

And it hurts on defense too because they both put themselves in position where a teammate has to help or where they can recover. Maybe this was just pre-season effort, but it was a major reason for the early deficit.

2) Tyler can't get legit rebounds. He had position on Taj at one point and Taj just put a classic swim on him to go right to the rim. This was always the difference between how Blair rebounds vs Tyler. Tyler hustles and bangs around for sure, and that pays off at times. But in a straight up position and then hops for a challenged ball, Tyler isn't getting you enough rebounds.

3) Paul OVERPURSUES too much. Often he's recovering off a pick/screen or just trying to make a big play and gets himself past his man just enough to open up the back door, either on the dribble or to cut for a pass elsewhere. Even if it's not at the rim it often results in guys having to leave their man to help.

With Paul's length he should let that do his talking. He needs to keep between the rim and his man, and if that means the guy's getting the pass and taking a tough outside, moving shot then so bet it. That's low PCT and that's what they want.

But the good news is that Roy is a bad a**, period. Green looks great, terrific determination to win all battles (esp noticeable on defense where he hates losing). And Ian is just a freaking monster. DJ's poor defense isn't ideal, but it's understood that this is why he isn't a starter. Lance is a mess still IMO.

West and Paul found their game and stepped it up to match Chicago's energy and the team showed they can reel people back in.

Plus, Chicago hit some stupid shots in the first half, complete rainmaker high arc jobs that disappeared later as they got tired.

Not only do I think Green has a shot at 6th Man, but Mahinmi seems on target to get Most Improved. Seriously.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Banned

1) Track your man, body up your man. West and Danny both kept letting their man drift too far away and often failed to stick a body on them when shots went up. That put back dunk over West was Danny's man curling from the wing for example. West could easily keep his man at bay if he'd just keep his hip on him.

And it hurts on defense too because they both put themselves in position where a teammate has to help or where they can recover. Maybe this was just pre-season effort, but it was a major reason for the early deficit.
    I can't believe that this is the first time you have noticed this and nope is not just on pre-season they do it all the time, specially West.

I watched a lot of Ian in Dallas, but he's shown me about 10 things that I didn't know he could do in two preseason games. It makes me wonder what the hell Dallas was doing with him (so confusing because Dallas is well-coached and had trouble with interior bench scoring).

I'll say it again: Roy is the most impressive to me so far. He looks great; just way beyond any previous offseason growth. The only thing I wish he'd learn is how to draw fouls. He's good enough now for 6-8 FT attempts/game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post: