Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which current Pacer has the best shot at the All-star team?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Which current Pacer has the best shot at the All-star team?

I just want Tamika, Reggie and either Paul or Danny in the Shooting Stars competition. I've been saying this for years, but dammit it needs to happen.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Hibbert, West, and Granger are borderline All-Stars. Unless our team has a great year and they feel like they have to take our best player, it could be one of these three.

In my opinion, I think it is Paul George. Paul George, if he elevates his game both literally and figuratively, is the closest. He has the highest potential of all our players to be All-Star capable. The other three have to utilize more of their talent to be effective. If PG studied the small nuances that can make his game more advantageous, his athleticism will catapult him into our team's best player.

The Pacers will be as good as he can be. Our team is an excellent team.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Granger can make it back. If he scores 18, rebounds 5, shoots well, gets 1 steal or 1 block.....and we have to be top 3.
    That is a big if and what about LBJ, Paul Pierce and Carmello. He isn't getting around any of them.....

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    That is a big if and what about LBJ, Paul Pierce and Carmello. He isn't getting around any of them.....
    Deng made it last year. As did Bosh. As did Iguodala.

So by that logic none of those forwards should have made it because Melo, Pierce, and LBJ did. They take more than 3 forwards folks.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Deng made it last year. As did Bosh. As did Iguodala.

So by that logic none of those forwards should have made it because Melo, Pierce, and LBJ did. They take more than 3 forwards folks.
    Especially this year with changing the ballot to 3 front court players....I still don't see Granger getting the All Star nod though....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

J7F

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    Especially this year with changing the ballot to 3 front court players....I still don't see Granger getting the All Star nod though....
    I can easily see Amare and Josh getting it over Danny. Amare will be back by the end of November. If NYK is hot and close in the standings to Indy, I really don't see us getting anyone in to be honest. Kyrie Irving will get in. Rondo. and Deron. Wall might. Wade will. So unless Paul really shines I don't see him getting in over Johnson or the other Points.

Garnett, Noah, Bynum, Horford, and Bosh could all get in over Roy. Even if we are a top 4 team.

But I think we will get one person in because of the injury bug. After all, Roy had the numbers, but if Bogut, Horford, or Noah were healthy they might have gotten the nod over big Roy. Not that they were more important to their team. But that they are more notable.

I can easily see Amare and Josh getting it over Danny. Amare will be back by the end of November. If NYK is hot and close in the standings to Indy, I really don't see us getting anyone in to be honest. Kyrie Irving will get in. Rondo. and Deron. Wall might. Wade will. So unless Paul really shines I don't see him getting in over Johnson or the other Points.

Garnett, Noah, Bynum, Horford, and Bosh could all get in over Roy. Even if we are a top 4 team.

But I think we will get one person in because of the injury bug. After all, Roy had the numbers, but if Bogut, Horford, or Noah were healthy they might have gotten the nod over big Roy. Not that they were more important to their team. But that they are more notable.
    I thought Noah was healthy during selection time last year?
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    He was, we had to listen to both Chicago and New York fans crying that Hibbert got in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Chandler is all hype. Awful numbers for a center, and the All-star game is all about numbers.

Two sad things: 1.) you look at the reigning DPOTY and measure his ability based purely on numbers (especially considering how favorably they compare to Roy's) and 2.) you dismiss a player as "all hype" when discussion potential All Stars.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    He was my bad. He didn't have as good as numbers as Roy. And when we played the Bulls Roy outmatched him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

J7F

Here is how I think Danny can get in over Melo and Pierce. First off score 19 a game, Melo will probably score around 22 or 23 a game and then Danny just needs to be a good defender and then the coaches might give him the nod over Melo since he does not like to play D, as for Pierce he is what 35 years old? You can't expect him to play at an all-star level much longer and to be honest Pierce was not much better than Granger last year and expect Pierce to decline even more this year

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post

With the balance of this team I can see no player dominating, thus statistically no player will stand out. The Pacers could be 2nd in the east and have no player in the All-Star game. That would be more motivation for the playoffs.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Melo is making the all star game. No question. If Danny and Melo face off, Melo wins 100% of the time. No argument.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

After going over the list of players again, and factoring in the new voting setup, I think it will be tougher for Danny and Roy to make the All-Star team than Paul George. There are way more All-Star Quality forwards and Bigs than there are guards.

These are the player I think will make the All-Star team, including players from the other teams in the east:

Backcourt

1. DWill
    2. Kyrie
    3. Wade
    4. Rondo
    5. Paul George

Frontcourt

1. LBJ
    2. Melo
    3. Bosh
    4. Pierce
    5. Horford
    6. Garnett
    7. Bynum

The only chance Danny has is if he stands out as better than Pierce or if the Pacers are much better than Boston at the All-Star break. Joe Johnson could edge out Paul George just because I expect Brooklyn to get way more attention than the Pacers this year. Roy won't make the All-Star game unless Horford or Garnett get injured (I don't think he would've made it last year if Horford was his usual healthy self).
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 10-26-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I expect Paul George to take another leap forward, but I don't see him quite making the all star leap this year. Maybe next year.

Its between Granger, Hibbert, and West. At least one pacer will make it, and while a lot of people think it will be Hibbert. I expect it to be Granger or even possibly West (Don't be surprised if he is our leading scorer this season).
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

If it was only fan vote that factored into who got into the all-star game I would agree with those who think Chandler has a better opportunity to be in the all-star game than Roy. Reality is though it isn't, and when considering Roy is both a more complete player than Chandler and is one of the best post defenders in the league himself I find it hard to believe Chandler would get the nod over Hibbert.

Also I have no idea why West is in this discussion.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I think Roy with his shot blocking and perhaps 15-8 season on a winning team can do it, but I really think the D West angle is intriguing. He's been a scoring machine before and his moves look stronger and healthier than last year. If he gets rolling for the first half and is knocking out 18 points every night, again on a winning team, then he might have a case.

I say 100% no way on Paul or Hill. Danny is the wild card. He has a potential path and can obviously put up a ton of points, plus the image that he's been there before (but so have Roy and West).

Shouldn't the dunk competition feature Green vs Paul? How many times have top dunkers squared off like that from the same team. I don't mean a token 2nd guy, but 2 guys that could win. Heck, they could be throwing lobs for each other during the contest.

Catchings, Reggie and Danny NOT in the 3 man shootout is almost stupid. Has there been a more obvious pairing before?

Also I have no idea why West is in this discussion.
    Because there's a really good chance he leads the Pacers in scoring this year.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 10-26-2012 at 12:31 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Banned

The only Pacers player that has a chance to be an All Star is Danny but he has to compete with Pierce, Lebron, Wallace, Deng and probably somebody that comes out of nowhere.

Hill and Paul George have to compete against any guard, JJ, Rondo,Dwill, Dwade, Jason Terry?, Jason Richardson, Ray Allen?, etc.

Roy could probably make it but his climb is as big as him, Noah, Horford, , Chandler, Josh Smith, ,Amare, Bynum, Boozer, Bosh, KG, Humpries?

West is also on the same boat as Roy, no way he makes it, 18ppg is Seth's prediction? Ok....

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I think Roy with his shot blocking and perhaps 15-8 season on a winning team can do it, but I really think the D West angle is intriguing. He's been a scoring machine before and his moves look stronger and healthier than last year. If he gets rolling for the first half and is knocking out 18 points every night, again on a winning team, then he might have a case.

I say 100% no way on Paul or Hill. Danny is the wild card. He has a potential path and can obviously put up a ton of points, plus the image that he's been there before (but so have Roy and West).

Shouldn't the dunk competition feature Green vs Paul? How many times have top dunkers squared off like that from the same team. I don't mean a token 2nd guy, but 2 guys that could win. Heck, they could be throwing lobs for each other during the contest.

Catchings, Reggie and Danny NOT in the 3 man shootout is almost stupid. Has there been a more obvious pairing before?

Because there's a really good chance he leads the Pacers in scoring this year.
    If he was the second option I could see that, but on this team at best he is going to be number three behind Granger and Hibbert, most likely he is also going to be behind George.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Starting five will probably be: Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Bosh/Kevin Garnett. (Derrick Rose instead of Deron Williams if he's healthy and counts on ballot)

The three backup guards will probably be Rondo, Kyrie Irving, and either D Will if Rose makes it, or Joe Johnson.

The four backup forwards will probably be Pierce, Garnett/Bosh, Horford and Bynum.

Celtics and Heat really have to suck or get injured to not have 6 guys from the two rosters make it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Not too impressed by Paul this year. I'll give him a little more time, but his game is not that of a future superstar. Athletic, yes. But Gerald Green and Brandon Rush are too. Paul has a long way to go and I'm starting to doubt his ceiling being that high.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Starting five will probably be: Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Bosh/Kevin Garnett. (Derrick Rose instead of Deron Williams if he's healthy and counts on ballot)

The three backup guards will probably be Rondo, Kyrie Irving, and either D Will if Rose makes it, or Joe Johnson.

The four backup forwards will probably be Pierce, Garnett/Bosh, Horford and Bynum.

Celtics and Heat really have to suck or get injured to not have 6 guys from the two rosters make it.

If we have a record in the top 3, there's no way we'll get snubbed and not get at least 1 player in. If we somehow have the #1 record at the break we'll get at least 2 in from the coaches.

I think PG has the best chance....he'll have to compete with Rose (who probably wont be back from injuries), DWill, Rose, and JJ...

Granger and Hibbert will be competing with James, Bosh, Noah, Amare, Bynum, Melo...I just dont see it happening for Granger and Hibbert
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    If we have a record in the top 3, there's no way we'll get snubbed and not get at least 1 player in. If we somehow have the #1 record at the break we'll get at least 2 in from the coaches.
    IF........

all of the Pacers fans that don't believe D-West has a chance at the all star team need to go back to the end of the regular season and beginning of the playoffs last year when West was healthy, dude was a scoring machine, don't tell me he does not even have a chance