Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Elbow?

  1. #1
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Elbow?

    Is there a penalty for throwing an elbow that doesn't connect?

  2. #2
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,634

    Default Re: Elbow?

    A technical foul can be issued if the elbow is on purpose.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  3. #3
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a penalty for throwing an elbow that doesn't connect?
    you can get hit with a T if it was intentionally thrown
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  4. #4

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Not if you're Lebron!
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  5. #5
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,112
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not if you're Lebron!

    everything Hubey said was correct. Hated Grangers antics. Being tough is one thing. Making more out of a situation than is already there, is fabricated toughness. Which ironically makes you a wuss.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Elbow?

    So why are we so quick to label Danny as a fake tough guy? I'm not saying that he is a real big tough guy or anything, but i dont think its fair to say whether he should be riled up or not. How can we look at his anger and be quick to say "nope, fake"?
    DG for 3

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    everything Hubey said was correct. Hated Grangers antics. Being tough is one thing. Making more out of a situation than is already there, is fabricated toughness. Which ironically makes you a wuss.
    You wouldn't get mad in an emotionally heightened atmosphere if somebody threw an elbow at you?

    Granger felt his arm pull away, if that had connected with his head or ribs that would have seemed justified. He did what probably half of the league would have done. In a PREASEASON game D-Will got even more worked up over less lol

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,112
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't get mad in an emotionally heightened atmosphere if somebody threw an elbow at you?

    Granger felt his arm pull away, if that had connected with his head or ribs that would have seemed justified. He did what probably half of the league would have done. In a PREASEASON game D-Will got even more worked up over less lol

    It is a preseason game, less at stake. And it seemed Danny was trying to find any reason to go after Lebron with his lip service only to look tough. It doesn't matter what I would do or what anyone would have or has done. The fact is we were up, it was the slowest elbow ever, Danny got in his grill before and after that about lesser stuff, and if something was to be said it didn't need Danny to get like that.

    There are times (Dunleavy's action against Tyler), but in the playoffs that was stupid.

  12. #9
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is a preseason game, less at stake. And it seemed Danny was trying to find any reason to go after Lebron with his lip service only to look tough. It doesn't matter what I would do or what anyone would have or has done. The fact is we were up, it was the slowest elbow ever, Danny got in his grill before and after that about lesser stuff, and if something was to be said it didn't need Danny to get like that.

    There are times (Dunleavy's action against Tyler), but in the playoffs that was stupid.
    I guess I just didn't have a problem with. It really wasn't a slow elbow either, you just never get a good look at it in real time. Personally I don't get mad very often when I'm playing sports cuz it's for fun. But if somebody takes a cheap shot at my friend or myself I will feel obligated to say something about it. Maybe he was looking for something to get mad about, but if you recall he and LeBron have never liked each other anyway.

    The fact that it IS in a playoff game makes me think he's angry and not just "acting tough."

  13. #10
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    The only time Danny got in Lebrons face was when James threw an elbow in Granger's general direction(which happened twice). I would hardly call that "looking for a reason" to get in the King's face. That's just telling him he doesn't appreciate someone trying throw 'bows at him.

  14. #11
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So why are we so quick to label Danny as a fake tough guy? I'm not saying that he is a real big tough guy or anything, but i dont think its fair to say whether he should be riled up or not. How can we look at his anger and be quick to say "nope, fake"?
    Amateur psychology.

  15. #12
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,112
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only time Danny got in Lebrons face was when James threw an elbow in Granger's general direction(which happened twice). I would hardly call that "looking for a reason" to get in the King's face. That's just telling him he doesn't appreciate someone trying throw 'bows at him.



  16. #13
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Are you kidding? The first video is exactly what I was talking about. The fact that Lebron had already thrown an elbow at him how is he supposed to react the second time?

    This isnt even evidence supporting nor damning your argument. It's two situations where a player got upset with another and told him to his face. He's not being tough, or "acting tough". Jeez.

  17. #14
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,112
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Elbow?

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you kidding? The first video is exactly what I was talking about. The fact that Lebron had already thrown an elbow at him how is he supposed to react the second time?

    This isnt even evidence supporting nor damning your argument. It's two situations where a player got upset with another and told him to his face. He's not being tough, or "acting tough". Jeez.
    If you combine all these "reactions" then you get what I am talking about. And these are the only that I found on youtube. I was in BLF and saw his yapping. It was excessive. It seemed forced. No one else was doing it. The reaction of other Pacers was noncommittal. Believe what you want. And I will believe what I want.

Similar Threads

  1. JOB using Hibbert at the Elbow...
    By graphic-er in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 11:11 AM
  2. LeBron James won't have another MRI on elbow [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
  3. The Hibbert elbow
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
  4. AJ with the People's Elbow
    By JayRedd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
  5. So, what's this about Tinsley's elbow?
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •