Page 89 of 178 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #2201

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel this is a bit misleading as a defense of Hibbert. You are giving him too much credit here. Hibbert made the allstar team by default. Most talked about player on a really good team that was putting up respectable numbers, given West and Granger had relatively off years.

    Hibbert had 2 really bad offensive slumps last year, infact there were grumblings prior to the playoffs that the Pacers should let him walk in RFA. Hibbert did not have a very good playoffs, besides 1 game against the Magic that we actually lost if I recall. So really totally undeserving of the max contract, we totally overpaid by matching, and honestly the guy is barely squeaking by this year just cause he is playing high level defense and top 5 in blocked shots.

    Centers who do not average a double double consistently should not get max contracts. Roy has a whole host of problems with this game. He gets knocked off the block, he brings the ball down too low on put backs, he gets knocked to the floor about 10 times a game.

    Even though I like hibbert and hope he improves offensively to earn that contract. He is without a doubt the most overpaid player in the league right now. He is without a doubt one of the main reasons we can not win on the road this season.

    Much of what you say I can't disagree with, you might want to check Biedrins contract, production, and PT.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 01-21-2013 at 12:13 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  3. #2202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @HPbasketball: Cavs announce Anderson Varejao developed a blood clot last week and had to go on blood thinners. He's done for the year.
    Horrible news.

  4. #2203

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Scary.

  5. #2204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @stevekylerNBA: RT @windhorstespn: Cavs announce Anderson Varejao developed a blood clot in his lung after leg surgery & is currently recovering in hospital

    Damn

  6. #2205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Peter
    Hey Bill! Hope you had a great weekend My weekend was good, but it wouldíve been better if the Rockets won lol Rumor has it that Z-bo is on his way to Hou, but this was quickly shot down. Any chance that the Rockets can make a trade to shake things up? Their PF position is the weakest and desperately need help.
    Bill Ingram
    Thanks! Mine was good, as well! Yeah, not sure what to make of that ZBo rumor. I know the source and itís a good one, but it was apparently wrong. Iíve also heard Paul Millsapís name brought up in connection with Houston, but the concern is that if they wind up paying him big bucks next summer to keep him they will lose the flexibility to make the next Harden-like move. Same with trying to sign David West, who could be available next summer. There is no quick-fix for Houston, unfortunately.

    Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...E2vxTb8o2Rs.99
    Yep Houston is going to be all over West for some reason.

  7. #2206

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    eiza, but
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure you have to take back salary, but not necessarily over three years. We can afford Green over two years (even double his salary), not the third though when all the key contracts come up. Based upon my recollection, CBA deals have to be within 40% now, so we could give up Green making $3.5M over three years and a filler salary and take back a similarily bad contract making appx. 6-8M over two years. We may pay more in total dollars, but we are free and clear the third year. The other teams pays less each year and in total dollars, but has a third year. It depends on each teams situation. Green is not vastly overpaid - I think there are a few teams out there still likely intrigued by his potential and could use him as a third wing. Based upon our financial circumstances and the fact we have three superior wings already, he's just not a good fit here.

    You don't think a team like the Kings would give us a bad contract like Salmons ($7-8M this year and next) for Green, filler, and a 2nd rounder? I do. They save money over the long haul and cap space this year and next.

    Caron Butler (2 years 8M) who is losing his minutes to Barnes on a LAC team desperate to shed LT salary for next year when CP3 and Blake are getting new deals. 3.5M vs 8.0M is a HUGE nut for them next year.

    Trevor Ariza, Klieza, Brandon Roy, Charlie Villenueva. There are plenty of equally terrible contracts making more on two year deals than Green over three. It's not as difficult as you think.

    Edit: I should have been more clear after reading my original post. I do not expect to straight salary dump Green, just look at options to shed that final year.

    Interesting. Of the players you mentioned I like Butler as he could give the Pacers scoring off the bench. He's got starter experience too. If I'm understanding you correctly, a Green and Pendergraph matchs Butler's salary if the Pacers just have to come within 40% of Butler's salary. Throw in Stanko/2nd rd if necessary.

    I'd be interested in Kleiza, but Toronto would be taking on more salary than Kleiza is owed. I don't see why Toronto would do that.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 01-21-2013 at 01:21 PM.

  8. #2207
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,638

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horrible news.
    That's horrible, indeed. Let's just hope that he is going to be ok :/
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  9. #2208
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eiza, but


    Interesting. Of the players you mentioned I like Butler as he could give the Pacers scoring off the bench. He's got starter experience too. If I'm understanding you correctly, a Green and Pendergraph matchs Butler's salary if the Pacers just have to come within 40% of Butler's salary. Throw in Stanko/2nd rd if necessary.

    I'd be interested in Kleiza, but Toronto would be taking on more salary than Kleiza is owed. I don't see why Toronto would do that.
    Yeah - I believe the new CBA is 40% vs 25% of the old, which makes trades easier. Essentially, we load up more salary for two years while we can afford it to shed salary in the third year when we can't. I like Butler too and believe he is a trade candidate to clear some cap next year for LAC. Shawn Marion too - I think Dallas will look to dump off some of his salary (8M & 9M next yr) so they can offer two max contracts in FA to add to Dirk. Marion can play both forward spots too - maybe move Hansbrough to a contending team needing frontcourt depth for an expiring and late 1st pick - package that with Green to Dallas. They pay Green 3.5M vs Marion 9M next year and grab a 1st.

    You're right, Kleiza makes less long term, but per year, Green is less.

  10. #2209

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Butler, Ian, and Lance would make a great bench to come in for our starters, if we could manage to keep everyone.

  11. #2210
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eiza, but


    Interesting. Of the players you mentioned I like Butler as he could give the Pacers scoring off the bench. He's got starter experience too. If I'm understanding you correctly, a Green and Pendergraph matchs Butler's salary if the Pacers just have to come within 40% of Butler's salary. Throw in Stanko/2nd rd if necessary.

    I'd be interested in Kleiza, but Toronto would be taking on more salary than Kleiza is owed. I don't see why Toronto would do that.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...pares-last-one

    2011 CBA: Taxpaying teams can acquire no more than 125 percent plus $100,000 of the salaries they trade away (same as 2005 CBA). Non-taxpaying teams (based on their post-trade salary level) can acquire up to the lesser of 150 percent plus $100,000, or 100 percent plus $5 million of the salaries they trade away. The cash a team pays or receives in trade is limited to $3 million annually.

    Actually, I believe it is 50% or $5M, lesser of. Either works for the deals we discussed.

  12. #2211
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep Houston is going to be all over West for some reason.
    Well, it's for an obviously good reason......they have no Frontcourt.

    IMHO....they should go after Milsap or Josh Smith....they have the assets to get either of them before the trade deadline.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  14. #2212
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, it's for an obviously good reason......they have no Frontcourt.

    IMHO....they should go after Milsap or Josh Smith....they have the assets to get either of them before the trade deadline.
    Plus both of those guys would be a better fit with their faster paced team. You add Milsap or J-Smoove to this team and they're in pretty good shape imo.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  16. #2213
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Some good games right now like the GS vs LA Clippers.

  17. #2214

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah - I believe the new CBA is 40% vs 25% of the old, which makes trades easier. Essentially, we load up more salary for two years while we can afford it to shed salary in the third year when we can't. I like Butler too and believe he is a trade candidate to clear some cap next year for LAC. Shawn Marion too - I think Dallas will look to dump off some of his salary (8M & 9M next yr) so they can offer two max contracts in FA to add to Dirk. Marion can play both forward spots too - maybe move Hansbrough to a contending team needing frontcourt depth for an expiring and late 1st pick - package that with Green to Dallas. They pay Green 3.5M vs Marion 9M next year and grab a 1st.

    You're right, Kleiza makes less long term, but per year, Green is less.

    Marion would be interesting. He can play the forward spots and has championship experience.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  19. #2215
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus both of those guys would be a better fit with their faster paced team. You add Milsap or J-Smoove to this team and they're in pretty good shape imo.
    I'd hope that if West falls through ( which I don't want cuz I think that he adds to this Team's identity ) in FA, that the Pacers make a run at Milsap. I think that he's a very good replacement to West....maybe not on the personality side...but at least talentwise.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #2216
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,638

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I would certainly love to have Marion. Butler? Acceptable but not crazy about him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  21. #2217
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Deron just missed his first FT in 52 attempts.
    BKN gets the win over the Knicks 88 - 85.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  22. #2218

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I really dislike how close we are to being the 7th seed but so close to the 1/2 seed.

    I think we really need the 2 or 3 seed this year, I'd prefer facing Miami in the end (if we make it to the ECF).

  23. #2219
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    how good do you guys think GS can be if Bogut ever becomes and stays healthy?
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  24. #2220
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI

    T-Wolves J.J. Barea fined $5,000 for second violation of the NBA's anti-flopping rule
    Expand
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  25. #2221
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,261

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how good do you guys think GS can be if Bogut ever becomes and stays healthy?
    Pretty darn good. He'd give them a shot blocker and another rebounder, plus anything he does on offense is gravy.

    Btw, how great would a Clippers - Warriors first round series be?

  26. #2222
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how good do you guys think GS can be if Bogut ever becomes and stays healthy?
    Scary good.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #2223
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    GS was running some weird *** zone for part of the 3rd I am still trying to figure out what the principals of it were. They only ran it for like 3 minutes but it was really weird looking.

  28. #2224
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Which 3 minutes?

  29. #2225
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which 3 minutes?
    The game is archiving so I will go back and check after it's done. I wanna say between the 5min mark (not gonna lie was watching the Knicks Nets at the same time and wasnt watching the game close until that one was over) But it was like a 1-3-1 but not a true 1-3-1 it was just weird looking. They also ran some 2-3 which I would run vs the Clippers especially if Crawford isnt hitting shots.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •