Page 81 of 178 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #2001

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you say so.......

    Even if he doesn't.....

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  3. #2002
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    He only averaged 20 and 10 against the Pacers last year but yep he is not that good, lol.

    I wish Roy averaged 20 and 10 on a series... Ever..

  4. #2003
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @basketballtalk: Lou Williams suffers knee injury, leaves in a wheelchair (VIDEO) http://t.co/Qy9LZqTa #PBT #NBA

    This sucks.

  5. #2004
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Wow what a game between Boston and Chicago.

  6. #2005
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Refs just decided they were gonna call a jump ball. Thats a foul 95/100 times in that situation.

  7. #2006
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kobe is a lockdown defender, when he wants too. That's never been debateable. When someone say's someone isn't good at defense, I take that as saying that they can't play, as opposed to they don't play defense (some of the time.)

    He doesn't need hid on defense.
    Kobe is a lockdown on-ball defender. I agree with that.

    But off the ball? His off ball D is hideous. You have to hide his off the ball D as much as you have to hide Nash's on-ball D.

    And Nash's on-ball D isn't bad because he doesn't try. It's simply bad because he is not good at it.

    Kobe on the other hand can play off the ball D but just conserves energy and doesn't.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  9. #2007
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @basketballtalk: Lou Williams suffers knee injury, leaves in a wheelchair (VIDEO) http://t.co/Qy9LZqTa #PBT #NBA

    This sucks.
    That looks like an ACL (or MCL). Poor guy
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #2008

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow what a game between Boston and Chicago.
    I can't figure out whom to root for. (Why no ties in the NBA? )
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  11. #2009
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't figure out whom to root for. (Why no ties in the NBA? )
    I don't know who to root for either but I'm pretty damn sure I don't want the Pacers to play either team on the first round.

  12. #2010
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Sullinger with 7 and 15 damn.

  13. #2011
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That just made me simultaneously throw up in my mouth and **** my pants. No.
    no doubt I would rather cut Danny than do that deal.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  15. #2012
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He only averaged 20 and 10 against the Pacers last year but yep he is not that good, lol.
    He averaged 19 points and 9.2 rebounds, to be precise. But he was also blocked 3.4 times per game (17 blocks against in 5 games).

    However, I do agree that he is a good player.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #2013
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,583
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't figure out whom to root for. (Why no ties in the NBA? )
    I wouldn't call it "rooting" for them, but it's probably better for Indiana for Chicago to lose. /the farther behind Chicago is when Rose comes back, the better.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  18. #2014
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Hell of a pass by Carlos

  19. #2015
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Wow what a shot.

  20. #2016
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Boozer with 19 and 20, there goes West chance.

  21. #2017

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Great Bulls/Celtics game, out of the two, I rather have Bulls win, just because Garnett and Pierce are just so hard to root for.

  22. #2018
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kobe is a lockdown on-ball defender. I agree with that.

    But off the ball? His off ball D is hideous. You have to hide his off the ball D as much as you have to hide Nash's on-ball D.

    And Nash's on-ball D isn't bad because he doesn't try. It's simply bad because he is not good at it.

    Kobe on the other hand can play off the ball D but just conserves energy and doesn't.
    You really should watch some of the things he did a couple years ago and further back. That entire LA team is horrible on defense, and has been for a while, because no one is interested in playing any.

    I get what you're saying, but Kobe isn't a slouch. Hyperbole is just flowing.

  23. #2019
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,551

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    KG will NEVER forget how the Bulls celebrated that win on the Celt's floor....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  25. #2020
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,583
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KG will NEVER forget how the Bulls celebrated that win on the Celt's floor....
    I wondered if I was the only one noticing their excessive celebration.

    I hate that ****ing franchise. And every ****ing player in that jersey.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  27. #2021
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,596

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Jeff van Gundy giving the Pacers some love on ESPN

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  29. #2022
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Watching DC ruin a fast break...

  30. #2023
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You definitely missed out. Great great player, great great player. You should youtube him sometime--no joke.
    I know that he was a great player in his prime. I've seen videos and highlights. But it's just that his mindset is exactly what I despise that it makes it hard for me to root for him. I will acknowledge that he is an all-time great and one of the few guards with such great footwork but it will take a complete 180 in how he approaches the game late in his career for me to like him.

    Not that he cares, of course

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they had the old Steve Nash who was on those PHX teams yeah maybe. But this is the OLD Steve Nash. I watch the Laker games through league pass, he barely looks for his shot anymore b/c he can't get them off. He's slow and though he gets into the lane, opposing defenses stay home b/c they know he won't finish over opposing bigs.
    Steve Nash is exactly the same player that he was last year in Phoenix. Yes, that knee injury was unfortunate but he doesn't seem older than last year. Phoenix was #7 in PPG last season with Nash. Without him, they have plummeted to #18.

    I have watched at least 80% of the games that Nash has played with the Lakers. He is the same player that he was last year, imo. The only difference is that Nash had the clear cut green light to run the offense in Phoenix. That has not happened so far in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What scoring options do they have? D-12 is a finisher at the rim, but not a great post player. Pau is no longer a 20 point threat it seems. Metta World Peace is actually playing well, but even in his prime, his offense was...sketchy.

    Aside from that they don't have ANYTHING. Meeks is having a Gerald Green type of shooting season, Antwan Jameson looks lost, and the other players aren't worth mentioning.
    When Nash runs the offense you will have a wide open shot in 4 out of 7 possessions most of the time. Every player on the Lakers should finish those wide open shots right at the rim or on their sweet spots.

    Sacre missed some ridiculously easy shots when he was playing.

    PS: I think that Pau is certainly a 20 point threat just like Danny is. But I also believe that Pau is utilized in a wrong way in LA. Putting him on the 3 point line is a recipe for failure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On those PHX teams, they still had Gortat (post threat), Dudley (3pt threat) Grant Hill, Shannon Brown, Channing Frye--the Lakers would kill to have any of these guys over Duhon, Morris, Sacre, etc. And that PHX team didn't do anything important anyways. The last good PHX team Steve was on was during the 2009-2010 season when they had Amare, J-Rich, Hill, Dudley, Frye, Dragic, etc.
    In his last year in Phoenix, Nash's most important teammates were the following:

    Marcin Gortat

    Channing Frye

    Jared Dudley

    Grant Hill

    Shannon Brown

    Marcin Gortat is indeed a very good Center. But is he better than Dwight? Is he more of a post threat than Pau?

    Channing Frye is a good stretch 4. He shot 34.6% from 3 last season. That number is the exact same number that Antawn Jamison has in his career. However, he is shooting 31.7% this season.

    Dudley is a very good role player. He can shoot the ball. He shot 38.3% from 3 last season. Jodie Meeks is shooting 36.2% so far. His career average is at 37%.

    Grant Hill was 39 and shot 44.6% from the field and 26.4% from 3. In comparison, Metta World Peace is 33 and shoots 42.4% from the field and 35.8% from 3.

    Shannon Brown shot 42% from the field and 36.2% from 3. Chris Duhon is shooting 40% from the field and 37.5% from 3. Granted, Shannon Brown is a much better player than Duhon.

    Notice that I didn't even mention Kobe.

    The Suns had 6 players averaging more than 9 shots per game. Those 6 players scored in double digits. They shared the wealth and their offense was smooth.

    The Lakers have 4 players averaging more than 9 shots per game. Those 4 players including Nash (who is averaging 8 shots per game) are scoring in double digits. A certain player on the Lakers is averaging more than 20 shots per game.

    Simply put, the Lakers are not sharing the wealth because a certain player dominates the offensive possessions.

    Steve Nash is still the same player that he was. The only difference is that his USG% has decreased by 4.4 points and his AST% has decreased by 11.7 points.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. #2024
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really should watch some of the things he did a couple years ago and further back. That entire LA team is horrible on defense, and has been for a while, because no one is interested in playing any.

    I get what you're saying, but Kobe isn't a slouch. Hyperbole is just flowing.
    I'm not calling him a slouch. He is simply not interested in playing off-ball D for whatever reason since Phil's last year. Be it frustration, conserving energy or not trusting his teammates in the offensive side of the ball he simply doesn't do it most of the time.

    I'm not saying that he didn't do them in the past. I'm just saying that he doesn't do those things since Phil's last year.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #2025
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's too bad, you missed an unbelievable basketball player.

    And I'll say this, a lot of Kobe Bryant's game is stuff that I don't normally like. (In fact, normally hate.) He dribbles the ball too much. He takes stupid shots. But it doesn't matter because he's proven he can win his way. And quite frankly, he's the best NBA player I've ever personally seen, in his prime. Lebron's more efficient, but he doesn't come close to the skill level that Bryant has/had. And I don't think he'll win nearly as often either.
    He has a lot of flair in his game. His isos are frustrating but he is the definition of a smooth shooter in pull-ups. He has great footwork and is very crafty with the battle.

    But I despise his playing mindset so much that it's almost impossible for me to root for him. I certainly do appreciate his talents, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Kobe needs to score on this Lakers team. Their bench doesn't score. Pau's been inconsistent, Dwight (although better recently) has been inconsistent, and Nash for whatever reason doesn't look to score. That leaves Kobe and Meta. And Meta is scary with the ball. (BTW, how does Duhon still have a job?) But if Pau/Dwight/Nash got more into the flow, he wouldn't need to as much. (As it is, Kobe has been force feeding Dwight to try and get him going.)
    I certainly agree that Metta is scary with the ball and that Duhon being in a regular rotation is bad news for his team.

    Pau has been inconsistent but that's because D'Antoni is putting him in a position to fail. Pau is not a 3 point shooter. He can stretch the floor with a mid range jumper but he isn't a 3 point threat.

    Dwight was still recovering from injury (and imo he still does) so that explains his lack of consistency (although, the FT% is not likely to go up).

    As for Nash, I explained my opinion in my answer to Ace. It applies here as well
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •