Page 69 of 178 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #1701

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Hornets 3-1 since Gordon came back. Hit a game winner vs Dallas and dominated the 4th against the Spurs.

    Then again, any other NBA player taking Austin Rivers' minutes cant be a bad thing

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  3. #1702

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Wizards, one of the weakest in the East, beat the Thunder, a top 3 team in the West.

    The Wizards are making some surprise wins from time to time.
    They beat Miami and the Thunder, lose to everyone else.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  5. #1703
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Damian clutch again plays mediocre until OT then plays really good on both ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to be on the money with your post. You forgot bringing in Sam D. only to not play him. Then Gooden played the 5 well for them last season, but hasn't played much this season from injury.

    I don't feel they do well in the drafting dept either.
    I must of missed Gooden playing well he has been awful his whole career besides contract years. He contract was so lol way overpay.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-08-2013 at 12:27 AM.

  6. #1704

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They beat Miami and the Thunder, lose to everyone else.
    That is really what makes it weird and surprising. They beat the 2 best teams in the league. Miami (I believe twice this season), the top in the East, and OKC, the top in the West. Yet couldn't manage to beat the others.
    Last edited by 15th parallel; 01-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.

  7. #1705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    maybe it's just me but Grevis Vasquez is Troy Murphy esk in terms of putting up empty stats. I just dont see him bringing a positive impact like the #s suggest. We will see if he gets overpaid or not soon but im guessing NOLA still wants a starting caliber pg.

    I think is you, comparing him to Troy? lol

  8. #1706
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think is you, comparing him to Troy? lol
    Not as a player just in terms of empty stats and impact on a game with said stats. No kidding about Rivers is sucks and pouts about it one of the worst players in the NBA today. He will be playing for the Cs soon. Monly has been sporadic with his rotation lately like how he subbed tonight. Aminu played really well so that helped.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.

  9. #1707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not as a player just in terms of empty stats and impact on a game with said stats.
    His impact in the game is huge, his stats match his impact in the game, He makes everybody around him better, I don't know what you see.

  10. #1708

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy



  11. #1709
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Here's a tidbit from an ESPN 5-on-5 about the most surprising team in the East. This particular bit is from a Clipper contributor:

    Foster: Indiana Pacers. They haven't had top scorer Danny Granger all year, and 7-foot-2 center Roy Hibbert is shooting 40 percent because he can't make layups. But somehow, despite having the 29th-ranked offense, the Pacers are still 20-14 and sport the best defense in the league. It makes no sense at all.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...2012-13-season

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  13. #1710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @WojYahooNBA: Close coaching friend of ex-Bucks coach Scott Skiles tells Y! Sports: "Scott hated his team."

  14. #1711
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @USATODAYsports: Video: Carmelo Anthony waiting for Kevin Garnett by the Celtics' bus: http://t.co/coTvwzuN


    Lol

  15. #1712
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,126

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @WojYahooNBA: Close coaching friend of ex-Bucks coach Scott Skiles tells Y! Sports: "Scott hated his team."
    I can understand why. Skills likes tough guys. There are none on the entire bucks roster. Even the defensive players are all skinny beanpoles.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #1713
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damian clutch again plays mediocre until OT then plays really good on both ends.
    I watched the game and at times he really seemed to force the issue and made several bad reads during the regulation. But in the OT he was calm and collected. Quite strange for a rookie.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #1714

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @USATODAYsports: Video: Carmelo Anthony waiting for Kevin Garnett by the Celtics' bus: http://t.co/coTvwzuN


    Lol
    two dumbass fugazis

  18. #1715
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,419

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll say it once again, my friend. I've watched most of Nash's games with the Lakers after D'Antoni came to town. You have certainly watched more Lakers games than me since you also watched the Duhon / Morris games (which I mostly didn't watch) but I've watched the games with Nash.

    So, let me answer to your observations in the same manner like you did.

    1) We will never learn if Pau is going to be a consistent low post threat if D'Antoni has him wandering in the 3 point line.

    2) Agreed. Dwight gets stripped most of the time or his fouled. He has cost Pau and Nash several assists simply because he brings the ball down and allow opponents to foul him.

    3) Nash's ability to score hasn't decreased. He still puts up 10.2 PPG on 7.8 FGA. He's still shooting 52.9% from the field, 40.9% from 3 and 100% from the line. His field goal attempts have increased because he has so many good options around him and he's trying to feed the ball to them.

    4) True. Meeks is very incosistent, MWP is just as crazy as always and don't even get me started about Duhon or Morris offensively.

    Kobe is indeed shooting a good FG% this season. His efficiency is good for once so I'm not going to blame him for over-shooting. He still takes some "Kobe shots" but he hits them more often than not so I'll let it fly.

    But he still does one bad thing (apart from D but that's something that most people in the Lakers do wrong). He takes the ball out of Nash's hands late in the game. The Lakers cannot afford to do this. Nash has to have the ball in his hands late in the game. Because the defense cannot predict what he's going to go. When Nash has the ball you have to guard everyone because you know that Nash will somehow hit them with a pass if they get open. You also have to guard Nash because if he beats you off the dribble, your defense will collapse and more options are going to be freed up. Then again, Nash could simply take and hit a jumper if you try to sag off him in order to stop penetration.

    In other words, giving the ball to Nash opens all kind of options.

    If the ball is in Kobe's hands everyone knows what it is going to happen. He's going to try and score. He has a lot of ways to score but he will certainly not the pass the ball. So, you can defend him more easily without having your defense be broken down.
    I definitely see your point in giving Nash the ball late in games. I kinda wish he'd look to score a little more. Against DEN they simply played the passing lanes because they knew he wouldn't look for his own offense. I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

    I also see your point in regards to Dwight, and it's frustrating as all get out. If he could develop any touch at all, he would be so much better, but he is simply an athlete who is now just above average due to the fact that his back injury derailed some of that elite athleticism. (kind of like Larry Johnson years ago)

    As far as Pau is concerned, I think you're more of a Pau fan so you're more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt (the same way I'm a Kobe apologist and give him the benefit of the doubt far too often lol) so I'm sure the truth about his game is somewhere in the middle of me saying he's no longer AS caliber, and you believing he could still get it done on an Eastern Conference team (honestly-- you're probably closer to being correct than I) but we agree one one thing--he does NOT need to be shooting 3's nor operate out of the high post 65-70% of the time. It's just a total waste. Gasol should be the number 2 offensive option (over Dwight) imo.

    D'Antoni was the worst coaching option they could have chosen given their roster. I

  19. #1716

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is really what makes it weird and surprising. They beat the 2 best teams in the league. Miami (I believe twice this season), the top in the East, and OKC, the top in the West. Yet couldn't manage to beat the others.
    A lot of times they are competitive in games. So I think it's a matter of honestly getting lucky, and maybe even being more focused against the best teams, while the best teams likely don't take them seriously.

  20. #1717
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    two dumbass fugazis
    I wouldn't rule out Melo keeping some of his Charm City roots. But KG? He is the worst of the worst.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  21. #1718
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the game and at times he really seemed to force the issue and made several bad reads during the regulation. But in the OT he was calm and collected. Quite strange for a rookie.
    Yes, he was awful last night for his standards until OT. He is hitting a rookie wall of sorts still putting up numbers but teams have adjusted. I fully expect him to adjust back but ya he was forcing a lot last night but he still came though when it mattered love that kids makeup.

  22. #1719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @HPbasketball: Good God, this is mean. http://t.co/sRd2C9lY *****, @raptorshq



  23. #1720
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,376

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @HPbasketball: Good God, this is mean. http://t.co/sRd2C9lY *****, @raptorshq


    Wow. lol
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  24. #1721
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he was awful last night for his standards until OT. He is hitting a rookie wall of sorts still putting up numbers but teams have adjusted. I fully expect him to adjust back but ya he was forcing a lot last night but he still came though when it mattered love that kids makeup.
    Yeah, he'll be a good player. Hitting the rookie wall is normal and trying to force it happens sometimes. I expect him to adjust as well because he has the talent to do so.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. #1722
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I definitely see your point in giving Nash the ball late in games. I kinda wish he'd look to score a little more. Against DEN they simply played the passing lanes because they knew he wouldn't look for his own offense. I guess that was the point I was trying to make.
    I get what you're saying. I don't know why Nash didn't look to score on that game but you're right that he didn't. I think that he considers it his responsibility to pass the ball to Kobe instead of looking to score. I don't feel that the chemistry between the two is as it should be, atm.

    I expect them to build up that chemistry, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also see your point in regards to Dwight, and it's frustrating as all get out. If he could develop any touch at all, he would be so much better, but he is simply an athlete who is now just above average due to the fact that his back injury derailed some of that elite athleticism. (kind of like Larry Johnson years ago)
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far as Pau is concerned, I think you're more of a Pau fan so you're more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt (the same way I'm a Kobe apologist and give him the benefit of the doubt far too often lol) so I'm sure the truth about his game is somewhere in the middle of me saying he's no longer AS caliber, and you believing he could still get it done on an Eastern Conference team (honestly-- you're probably closer to being correct than I) but we agree one one thing--he does NOT need to be shooting 3's nor operate out of the high post 65-70% of the time. It's just a total waste. Gasol should be the number 2 offensive option (over Dwight) imo.
    I'm not a Pau fan. I just tend to always side with a player if a large number of people are scapegoating him. I just hate it when people are being blamed for things that they are not solely responsible for.

    But I certainly agree that he does not need to be shooting 3s.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    D'Antoni was the worst coaching option they could have chosen given their roster. I
    Dunno about the worst possible (there's always JOB) but he certainly was a bad option, imo.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #1723
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    The Lakers have twenty more nationally-televised games on their schedule this season. If they keep losing, they will lose those appearances, correct?

  28. #1724
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,196

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lakers have twenty more nationally-televised games on their schedule this season. If they keep losing, they will lose those appearances, correct?
    I doubt it. As long as they're interesting and continue to draw ratings, there's no reason to drop them. This isn't the 2007-08 Heat. They're not going to replace a Lakers-Thunder ABC game with Pacers-Hawks, for example.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  30. #1725
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,329

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Will D'Antoni last through the whole season?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •