Page 63 of 178 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #1551
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there an open roster spot on the U.S.'s Special Olympics basketball team for Royce White?
    Come on. This is unnecessary.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  3. #1552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on. This is unnecessary.
    He has special needs (just ask him); put him with the special-needs team. I'm not sure what's so "unnecessary" about that.

  4. #1553

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Monta for Hall of Fame

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  6. #1554
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,473
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Monta for Hall of Fame
    I like what he had to say. I don't agree with him, but his mentality is great.

  7. #1555

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I don't know that it's a good mentality. Confidence is good, but I wouldn't want a player thinking he already "has it all", especially when he's as flawed as Monta.

    He might especially want to take a better look at Wade and his shot selection / decision making / defense. I'm like Wade, I'm shooting inside outside.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  9. #1556
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Clippers is feeling it. They will be tested against the spurs, lakers, miami.

  10. #1557
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Popeye Jones's son is in the running for the #1 pick in the draft.

    The NHL draft. For real.

  11. #1558
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,473
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know that it's a good mentality. Confidence is good, but I wouldn't want a player thinking he already "has it all", especially when he's as flawed as Monta.

    He might especially want to take a better look at Wade and his shot selection / decision making / defense. I'm like Wade, I'm shooting inside outside.
    Sorry, I disagree. I want the best player on my team to feel he is the best player on the court everytime. If your moneyman doesn't have supreme confidence you are in trouble.

  12. #1559
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Old news. He's been a high school hockey phenom for a long time now.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #1560
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Anyone else think that there is going to be a major shakeup with the Celtics sometime soon?

    I know that it's been a huge west coast but this year's version of the Celtics are struggling.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Doc is either let go or KG and/or Pierce isn't traded before the deadline.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #1561

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I think Doc is very safe, but they need some moves, they have a flawed roster. They need to get a defensive big, especially a backup center. A healthy Bradley would also help.They started last season 15-17 and then turned it around. With some luck, I think they could do it again.

  15. #1562
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,638

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...uard-beverley/

    The Rockets are close to signing Patrick Beverley. The Rockets do not have an available open spot so they will probably cut a player. They have some interesting pieces.

    Beverley could be good for our back up PG spot. I don't think that this can happen, though
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #1563
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,451

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...uard-beverley/

    The Rockets are close to signing Patrick Beverley. The Rockets do not have an available open spot so they will probably cut a player. They have some interesting pieces.

    Beverley could be good for our back up PG spot. I don't think that this can happen, though
    Would be nice to hear the Pacers are actively searching for a backup point. Instead, hearing nothing sucks and makes me think they are completely fine with the roster.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  17. #1564
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,638

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be nice to hear the Pacers are actively searching for a backup point. Instead, hearing nothing sucks and makes me think they are completely fine with the roster.
    It would be nice if the Pacers were trying to explore all of their options. It seems that we don't care enough about the European leagues in order to scout for players there although there are several players there that could elevate our team.

    I'm not too worried about not hearing anything, though. If they are searching for anything it's better that it stays inside closed doors. You don't want your team to know that you're going to replace them.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  19. #1565

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else think that there is going to be a major shakeup with the Celtics sometime soon?

    I know that it's been a huge west coast but this year's version of the Celtics are struggling.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Doc is either let go or KG and/or Pierce isn't traded before the deadline.

    Go one step up... Ainge, with Bird waiting in the wings salivating for the job.

  20. #1566

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Rockets are close to signing Patrick Beverley. The Rockets do not have an available open spot

    so they will probably cut a player. (

    Royce White??

  21. #1567
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,261

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else think that there is going to be a major shakeup with the Celtics sometime soon?

    I know that it's been a huge west coast but this year's version of the Celtics are struggling.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Doc is either let go or KG and/or Pierce isn't traded before the deadline.
    Well, we know this. Ainge values KG and Pierce as much as he values Chris Wilcox and Jason Collins. Which means, he doesn't. He'll trade Pierce and/or KG to a horrible situation in a second. He has no loyalty towards them and doesn't appreciate what both have done for the franchise. That's why Ray Allen left.

    KG's got a Kobe Bryant no trade clause, so he's protected from Ainge's wrath. Pierce doesn't, and Ainge doesn't appreciate him. He'd trade him to Washington if he felt it'd make the team better.

  22. #1568

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I wonder what the asking price would be for Kirilenko. His defense and all-around game would be a huge boost for this team.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  24. #1569

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Would be nice to hear the Pacers are actively searching for a backup point. Instead, hearing nothing sucks and

    makes me think they are completely fine with the roster.

    My guess is Walsh isn't going to make any trades b4 the trade deadline and hope everything works out ok. Sorta like Bird did with re-signing Foster last season thinking Foster could play with only picking up an injured Pendergraph and journeyman Lou.

    My point is Bird counted on an often injured Foster which didn't work out, and Walsh will just take a wait and see approach hoping not to have a PG problem any worse than it already is. When Granger returns Lance can be the b/u PG off the bench, so no reason to make a move. That could work as long as neither Hill nor Lance gets injured. I'd prefer to be prepared for a possible injury and not wait to see if one happens. The Pacers need a quality b/u PG now not waiting around 4-6 weeks until Granger returns so Lance can be the b/u PG.

  25. #1570
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Or maybe we don't hear/read about everything teams do.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  27. #1571
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,587

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has special needs (just ask him); put him with the special-needs team. I'm not sure what's so "unnecessary" about that.
    Delete yourself.

  28. #1572
    You've got no fans! IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,561

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Anyone else see Vucevic's numbers tonight? 13 points 16 rebounds AT THE HALF against the Heat.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.


    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

  29. #1573
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delete yourself.
    Grow a brain.

  30. #1574
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,638

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else see Vucevic's numbers tonight? 13 points 16 rebounds AT THE HALF against the Heat.
    Nikola Vucevic is a very good young player. He has 13 points and 20 rebounds at the end of the 3rd against the Heat. Orlando is still ahead.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. #1575
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grow a brain.
    Suicide and Special Olympics, you're a funny guy!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •