Page 56 of 178 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shaun Livingston and Earl Barron cut lose by Washington, any interest?
    Wow, Livingston got cut.....and until AJ gets back, they still only have 1 pg. (Granted, at this point they should definitely be tanking. Not that they have to try.)

Livingston is likely an upgrade over DJ, just for the defense. And Livingston is pretty automatic in the midrange game. I'd consider it if I were the pacers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rockets sign Patrick Beverly to a multi year deal I was a big fan of his in college I hope he does well. He would of been an upgrade here at the pg spot. Wonder who they will cut to make room? Royce White or Machado is my guess. Machado isn't ready yet but I would cut Ben and sign him instantly if that's what the Rockets do.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Rockets sign Patrick Beverly to a multi year deal I was a big fan of his in college I hope he does well. He would of been an upgrade here at the pg spot. Wonder who they will cut to make room? Royce White or Machado is my guess. Machado isn't ready yet but I would cut Ben and sign him instantly if that's what the Rockets do.
    That's the kid from the Hoop Dreams "update" or whatever right?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's the kid from the Hoop Dreams "update" or whatever right?
    Yes sir Hoops Reality it's on YouTube. I liked him a lot with the Hogs flat out scorer. I don't know how he fits with Harden though. I think he will be much better long term than Douglus. Also doesn't hurt he has been a beast in Russia. I expect him to have a long good career.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I wanted us to get Livingston when he was cut by the Rockets, but he hasn't played well for the Wiz at all, and now he just got cut by the worst team in the league.

I wouldn't mind the Pacers giving him a look, but then I wouldn't mind them giving every D-League PG a look either...

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Early reports are that it's a 3 year deal but with team options on years 2 and 3. And that he'd be initially assigned to the D League. I suppose it's fair given his relative lack of experience.

Working off that tangent, I wonder what it would take to sign Bo McCalebb. Now that's a guy who can give an immediate boost to the bench, but he's making good money in Europe. I'm guessing it would take something like the 3 year, $9m deal that Shved signed for? For reference we signed Saras to a 3 year, $12m deal all those years ago.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

If the Rockets actually do cut Machado, we need to jump on that quick. It'd be one of the few times we can get a passing PG like that for cheap.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I wanted us to get Livingston when he was cut by the Rockets, but he hasn't played well for the Wiz at all, and now he just got cut by the worst team in the league.

I wouldn't mind the Pacers giving him a look, but then I wouldn't mind them giving every D-League PG a look either...
    He wasn't playing well, and he did have a shoulder injury. But he was playing significantly better than Ben and DJ..once again, defense alone...(Plus, his midrange shot is money. I'm not sure why he doesn't just shoot it every opportunity he gets.)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Early reports are that it's a 3 year deal but with team options on years 2 and 3. And that he'd be initially assigned to the D League. I suppose it's fair given his relative lack of experience.

Working off that tangent, I wonder what it would take to sign Bo McCalebb. Now that's a guy who can give an immediate boost to the bench, but he's making good money in Europe. I'm guessing it would take something like the 3 year, $9m deal that Shved signed for? For reference we signed Saras to a 3 year, $12m deal all those years ago.
    Way more than that IMO he would want MLE money at least. Shved signed really cheap I remember being puzzled the day he signed I was kind of PO we didn't offer him much more he was a much better player than what he got $$ wise. His agent did him really bad he was my 2nd favorite FA in Euro after Bo. I also think Shved is a better NBA prospect than Bo I just like his game better for the NBA. If Bo would sign a 3 yr 9m dollar deal we should of signed him ages ago that would be a steal

Bo I doubt ever comes over and to be a backup?? I dont see it.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-23-2012 at 09:11 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I don't like Machado. I've only seen him during the preseason and in the d-league, so i might be missing some reason for the hype, but the only thing I liked about him was his passing in transition, I didn't like any the other aspects of his game or talent.

Sports Logo

Shved signed really cheap I remember being puzzled the day he signed I was kind of PO we didn't offer him much more he was a much better player than what he got $$ wise.
    Euro FAs are actually a great way to find some good production on a cheap value, imo.

Shved is a prime example of that. But it isn't only that. Prigioni was an excellent pick-up for the Knicks. Copeland was good as well. They make almost nothing and they can contribute immediatedly as they have experience playing pro ball.

I really believe that we have to use this tool a lot more to maximize our cap space. Since the FO seems to be locked in with our starting 5 (something that I like) it's time to find some great role players. And we can find several of them overseas.

We can find sharp shooters or veteran point guards and sign them on the cheap. They are not that rare to find.

In fact, I've been thinking about doing such a thread for a long time. But I've been busy these days (I had a rehearsal yesterday and a gig tomorrow) and thus didn't create that thread. Plus, I don't know which contracts expire over this summer
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Euro FAs are actually a great way to find some good production on a cheap value, imo.

Shved is a prime example of that. But it isn't only that. Prigioni was an excellent pick-up for the Knicks. Copeland was good as well. They make almost nothing and they can contribute immediatedly as they have experience playing pro ball.

I really believe that we have to use this tool a lot more to maximize our cap space. Since the FO seems to be locked in with our starting 5 (something that I like) it's time to find some great role players. And we can find several of them overseas.

We can find sharp shooters or veteran point guards and sign them on the cheap. They are not that rare to find.

In fact, I've been thinking about doing such a thread for a long time. But I've been busy these days (I had a rehearsal yesterday and a gig tomorrow) and thus didn't create that thread. Plus, I don't know which contracts expire over this summer
    I agree but the issue is so many make good money over there they dont want to come over. I mean Orlando Tucker took a pay cut to play for the Suns this year

Last year was a strong class for euro FAs(were about 15 guys I would of been interested in) but I agree there are normally 2-3 players that can be had much cheaper than what they would cost if they were NBA free agents and give the same production.

Sports Logo

I agree but the issue is so many make good money over there they dont want to come over. I mean Orlando Tucker took a pay cut to play for the Suns this year

Last year was a strong class for euro FAs(were about 15 guys I would of been interested in) but I agree there are normally 2-3 players that can be had much cheaper than what they would cost if they were NBA free agents and give the same production.
    It's true that most good players in Europe are making great money here. However, I think that several of them would be willing to take a pay cut to play in the NBA. Because simply that would be their ticket for a bigger deal in the future.

The highest paid player in Europe in the 11-12 season was Andrei Kirilenko. He was paid 4 Million Euros. Krstic was second at 3 Million Euros.

If you manage and make yourself a rotational player in the NBA (something that's not that hard as some of those guys are really talented and can ball) then you will possibly make more than that.

So, I think that they are willing to take a pay cut for a year or two (or 3) because in the long run they'll probably end up earning more.

As the Pacers are constructed right now, we need to build a great bench. It's clear that the FO is not interested in shaking up the starting 5. Our bench is better this year, imo, but they are still not as good as it should be. Imagine if we had a bench as strong as the Clippers do?

Well, we can build a great bench if we fully explore all of our options around the world.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Banned

@WojYahooNBA: The Boston Celtics are signing forward Jarvis Varnado of Sioux Falls in the D-League, league source tells Y! Sports.

Nice to see that Varnado is in the NBA he is a nice player.

Sports Logo

We need a PG that can effectively run the offense in a half-court set.....are there any Guards out there that can do that?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    We need a PG that can effectively run the offense in a half-court set.....are there any Guards out there that can do that?
    Jamaal Tinsley?

he meant unarmed point guards having no sinus issues!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

What about Earl Watson?

He's with the Jazz as well

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

With the Beverly signing maybe Toney Douglas is expendable. Don't know too much about his game though. Can't even remember where he went to college.

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    With the Beverly signing maybe Toney Douglas is expendable. Don't know too much about his game though. Can't even remember where he went to college.
    I hated him in New York. Scouring the D-League sounds better than Douglas.

Sports Logo

What about Earl Watson?

He's with the Jazz as well
    I've always liked Earl but seems like this has been the year the wheels finally fall off, he really shouldn't be getting NBA minutes anymore.

Calderon has been fairly available ever since they got Lowry. His agent was given green light to search for trade offers.
    I'm just not sure what we could offer. Tyler + DJA expirings + a pick?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    Calderon has been fairly available ever since they got Lowry. His agent was given green light to search for trade offers.
    I'm just not sure what we could offer. Tyler + DJA expirings + a pick?
    I wouldn't send that for Calderon especially when there is a good chance that he will bolt after this season. Also...just because DJ sucks it up....I don't think that ANY PG would fit into the offense that we run.....well, just because he is not named DJ. I keep on getting back to this whole notion that the main reason why DJ isn't working is because he's not a good fit for the half-court offense that the Pacers run. Getting a PG like Calderon ( who EQUALLY sucks on the defensive end ) but I thought ( and I could be wrong here ) is more of an up-tempo PG...wouldn't solve any of our problems. Same goes for PGs like Ridnour and Barea.

I suggested this before....but would Bayless be a better fit...in the same vein that GH is a good fit in that he's more of a Combo Guard that has some PG skills?

Does the Grizzlies run a half-court offense?

What other Teams currently run a half-court offense that we can maybe poach a PG from?
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-24-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Sports Logo

Orlando's still sort of in make the playoffs mode but I don't expect that to last too long. Wonder how cheap E'Twaun Moore'd come.

Sports Logo

So Kobe, Lebron, and Durant could all top Kareem's career scoring record. Kobe's the only one close enough to put any kind of odds on it or anything, but it's pretty wild to think about, three current players could beat a mark I used to think was pretty close to untouchable.