Page 50 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

The trade talk for Anderson Varejao has been consistently present in recent seasons, but the asking price the Cavaliers organization placed on him has always been too steep for teams to consider.
    That might change this year, with Varejao leading the league in rebounding and having an All-Star caliber season — even if, as we discussed on our weekly podcast, the fans have been slow to realize it.
    Despite Varejao’s improved performance, he’s still believed to be available for other teams to acquire via trade.
    The price tag, however, is likely on the rise.
    From Marc Stein of ESPN.com:
    We shared with you in a recent Weekend Dime how one Eastern Conference team official routinely refers to Varejao’s run of double-doubles this season as the Brazilian’s “Get Me Out of Cleveland” tour.
    Various teams have chimed in since to say that Varejao is highly available, as he has been for the past few seasons, but likewise expressed a good amount of skepticism about his actually moving before the trade buzzer in February because the Cavs’ perpetually high asking price has only gone up.
    In other words, unless a team with both young[..]ets and a high draft pick comes calling and is willing to pay a hefty price for Varejao’s services, don’t expect him to be moved just yet.
    The last time we talked about the Varejao situation, we mentioned the Thunder as the team that would benefit the most from the addition of a player with his skill set. They have the combination of players and picks that the Cavaliers would likely be seeking, but Stein also reports that OKC hasn’t shown very much interest.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-remains-high/

Sports Logo

I'm watching the Kings/Nuggets game now.....the Kings are just terrible.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Despite vnzla81's continual call to make a run at SideShow Bob......which is fine and valid, cuz he's a quality Player......this article simply confirms what many of us have always suspected and have mentioned....the problem isn't that the Pacers ( much less any Team ) wouldn't want a SideShow Bob...the problem is that the asking price for a Player like him ( especially with his IMHO underpaid Contract ) is really high. The asking price would START at an Expiring Contract+Prospect+1st round draft pick.....and likely go up. What prospects do we have that we'd be willing to part with? Plumlee? Hansbrough? Lance? That's laughable

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

DAMIAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Batum is insane and Dame is so clutch tonight

5x5 for Batum tonight last person to do that was Tinsley

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Despite vnzla81's continual call to make a run at SideShow Bob......which is fine and valid, cuz he's a quality Player......this article simply confirms what many of us have always suspected and have mentioned....the problem isn't that the Pacers ( much less any Team ) wouldn't want a SideShow Bob...the problem is that the asking price for a Player like him ( especially with his IMHO underpaid Contract ) is really high. The asking price would START at an Expiring Contract+Prospect+1st round draft pick.....and likely go up. What prospects do we have that we'd be willing to part with? Plumlee? Hansbrough? Lance? That's laughable

If Bird had done it the season b4 getting DWest as I advocated as the X-factor player, especially coming off the bench, the Pacers needed. His cost would have been doable. As it stands now, the cost would be too great for the Pacers to get. Still doesn't change the fact, I've always thought he was the type player the Pacers needed, and wish they had. Sometimes somethings are just never meant to be.

An expiring(DWest), a young player(Plumlee), and 013 pick is too much for the Pacers, and probably not enough for Cleveland.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    5x5 for Batum tonight last person to do that was Tinsley
    Andrei Kirilenko has actually had 3 since Tinsley's which came in a 2 OT game. Marcus Camby has had one too.

Still really impressive.

The link below shows every one since 1985-86.

http://bkref.com/tiny/PcjoD
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    If Bird had done it the season b4 getting DWest as I advocated as the X-factor player, especially coming off the bench, the Pacers needed. His cost would have been doable. As it stands now, the cost would be too great for the Pacers to get. Still doesn't change the fact, I've always thought he was the type player the Pacers needed, and wish they had. Sometimes somethings are just never meant to be.

An expiring(DWest), a young player(Plumlee), and 013 pick is too much for the Pacers, and probably not enough for Cleveland.
    I have no problem with the Pacers going after SideShow Bob and agree with everyone that says that he's the guy that I've always wanted on the roster.........I question whether we have enough assets ( that we want to give up ) in order to get him in the first place.

I have always thought that the MINIMAL asking price.....even before he blew up this season....was going to be a 1st+Capspace+Prospect. A Draft pick isn't something I care about......so the question is.....what is the "prospect" that the Pacers include in order to get such a deal done?

What are the assets that we have acquired over the last couple of seasons? PG? Hansbrough? Miles? Lance? Outside of PG ( who I SERIOUSLY doubt many here would want to give up )? Every other asset that we have isn't enough value.

The only asset that would have been a possibility would have been to trade Granger to a 3rd Team so that we can get back some assets that can then be flipped to the Cavs.

My guess is that if SideShow Bob goes anywhere, he will end up in Houston. They have way too many young prospects and additional assets that could easily be moved to get the Cavs interested.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-17-2012 at 01:35 PM.

I can't really tell if Roy's funny or just...sorta weird

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012...friends-4-eva/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

safe to say none of these guys will be abandoning basketball to become artists. Kemba's Thumb is nice though.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...a-superstars/#

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I can't really tell if Roy's funny or just...sorta weird

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012...friends-4-eva/
    Haha that was amazing, just two friends hanging out, talking about stupid stuff.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know, it's interesting that there are two teams playing tonight that have a combined record of 38-10, the best and 3rd best records in the league, and yet I heard nothing previewing this game. I didn't even know they were playing until I saw the score on ESPN.com.

I suppose the front offices in San Antonio and Oklahoma City don't care that much.

Pacers just need to sign Delonte West already. They need to do something and a trade isn't likely to fetch a quality backup like a Jarrett Jack. He can ball and he'll be cheap. If they can turn Lance around, they can at least hold off West's crazy tendencies for the rest of a single season.

Talent isn't just going to fall into the Pacers' laps.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Pacers just need to sign Delonte West already. They need to do something and a trade isn't likely to fetch a quality backup like a Jarrett Jack. He can ball and he'll be cheap. If they can turn Lance around, they can at least hold off West's crazy tendencies for the rest of a single season.

Talent isn't just going to fall into the Pacers' laps.
    Given Delonte's really unexpected departure from Dallas....I would doubt that the Pacers would be interested in signing him or the Simon's signing off on taking him on. I would really hope that Walsh calls up Carlisle and Cuban to find out what happened...cuz I know that many people would overlook character issues and look at the talent....but I'm suspicious of what happened.

I'd live with Ben and Lance running the point before going after Delonte.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

@HPbasketball: OK, OK, by popular demand, PERKINS NIGHT FEVER http://t.co/X6S2Fxma

I'd love Delonte, but it just ain't happening. Here or probably anywhere else, but especially not here. I sympathize with his legitimate mental problems, but just too much of a risk for us.

I keep forgetting JO's in Phoenix now. Guy's been playing really well all year, really happy for him.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

OKC's on an 11 game win streak. Over that stretch they're shooting 49.6% FG, 41.9% 3PT, 85% FT as a team. AS A TEAM I SAID.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

@stevekylerNBA: Amr'e Stoudemire said to be heading to the Knicks D-League affiliate to get some extended practice and conditioning time.

Banned

@basketballtalk: Report: Celtics want another big, may offer Lee to get it http://t.co/hxKMIvBr #PBT #NBA

I keep forgetting JO's in Phoenix now. Guy's been playing really well all year, really happy for him.
    Yep. I took a chance on him on my fantasy team, and he's rewarded me. Makes a nice 3rd center in a 16-team league.

OKC's on an 11 game win streak. Over that stretch they're shooting 49.6% FG, 41.9% 3PT, 85% FT as a team. AS A TEAM I SAID.
    Pacers have the team play on the defensive end, and OKC has it on the offensive end.

At least defense wins championships. Though I'd still like the offense to be more fluid.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @basketballtalk: Report: Celtics want another big, may offer Lee to get it http://t.co/hxKMIvBr #PBT #NBA
    Tyler? That kind of big? lol

I don't think the Pacers have a big to try to get Lee. Lee can hit shots and that's something the Pacers need.

I think a backcourt of Lance (pg) and Lee (sg) could be fun.

Now really free Lance!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Against us they shot 48.7% FG and 26.3% 3PT as a team. At least we put somewhat of a dent in their offense. Albeit not much in the end just on pure FG%.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

CDR is beyond the dleague he should of been called up weeks ago. Watching his game from last night and he had a decent game but man is he much bettter than his early days. His handle is off the charts now and post game is really solid mix that in with his intelligence that he now plays with(he lacked that at times in the past) he is really what we need. If I am the Pacers GM i cut Ben and sign CDR to a guaranteed deal for the year and a team option for next year and the year after.

Backup rotation becomes

Lance
    CDR/Hill
    CDR/Young
    Pendergraph
    Ian

That is solid on both ends of the court. CDR is the best scorer in that unit and his passing ability mixed with Lances would mesh really well. I think CDR and Lance are a perfect fit for what we need off the bench both dynamic off the dribble and can shoot. I can see CDR come in and score 12-15ppg the rest of the year he is literally better at every part of the game than the wings we use off the bench if we signed him he would play 25+mpg

I still don't understand why he was ever out of the league he was solid on both NBA teams he had played with he must of just been a cancer that is my only guess.

Or maybe he left for the lockout and everyone forgot he ever played?
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-18-2012 at 09:53 AM.

CDR's got a huge ego, that's why he's out of the league. He'd rant on twitter about coaches, teammates, playing time. He'd tweet DURING HALFTIME.