Page 44 of 178 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Would you guys trade PG for Bledsoe? I feel like I would.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What else is new? He surely does love it

Oh, funny of you to say that.

How exactly did the Pacers screw up?

Did they screw up when they traded for him but the deal with the Grizzles fell apart? Did they screw up when they pursued him this off-season but he opted to go Dallas in order to be a start?

Just tell me exactly [u]how[u] the Pacers screw up in this situation.

They didn't screw up. He accepted less money for a year to be a starter and raise his market value. But you just love to be inaccurate and negative all the damn time.
    So you are repeating the same bs and inaccurate bs everybody keeps repeating around here(the OJ Mayo only wanted to star bs) and you are calling me inaccurate? you are funny.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    No way and I love Bledsoe.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    No but for a healthy Granger I would. That would be a good trade for both clubs IMO. Danny would be deadly as the 3rd option. I was wrong bout Jamaal Crawford still a chucker but damn has he been good this year. He made me look good last year he was a cancer in Portland but he is terrific for the Clipper he has been their closer so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    No but for a healthy Granger I would. That would be a good trade for both clubs IMO. Danny would be deadly as the 3rd option. I was wrong bout Jamaal Crawford still a chucker but damn has he been good this year. He made me look good last year he was a cancer in Portland but he is terrific for the Clipper he has been their closer so far.
    Crawford has been amazing, him, Mayo and Felton are playing well.

pretty funny.

and now this is funny.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    So you are repeating the same bs and inaccurate bs everybody keeps repeating around here(the OJ Mayo only wanted to star bs) and you are calling me inaccurate? you are funny.
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ews-conference

He said he also considered signing with the Suns, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls and Pacers.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...the-money.html

DALLAS -- For guard O.J. Mayo, he was not in a "show me the money'' mood during free agency this summer.

Mayo's business manager, LaPoe Smith, said his client was more interested in getting involved in a winning situtation than trying to break the bank.

"It wasn't about the money,'' Smith said. "It was about being in the right situation.''

The right situation for Mayo turned out to be the Dallas Mavericks, who signed him to a two-year contract Thursday for approximately $8.5 million. The second year of the contract -- for about $4.5 million -- is a player's option.

Smith said Mayo turned down one contract this summer that was worth $11 million. He said he also turned down an offer from the Phoenix Suns that was worth between $9 million-$10 million so he could play for the Mavs.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._For_Mavericks

All those sources say pretty clearly that OJ Mayo turned out several others teams (including the Pacers) and more money on the table (including the Suns and another undisclosed team) to play for the Mavs in order to be in the right situation.

Are you still going to insist that you're right?

Of course, you are. Because you can never be wrong, right?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Banned

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ews-conference

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...the-money.html

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._For_Mavericks

All those sources say pretty clearly that OJ Mayo turned out several others teams (including the Pacers) and more money on the table (including the Suns and another undisclosed team) to play for the Mavs in order to be in the right situation.

Are you still going to insist that you're right?

Of course, you are. Because you can never be wrong, right?
    You are still making my point, Mayo never say that he only wanted to start as you and others keep saying, "been in the right situation" is way different, hell even Augustin said that the Pacers "were the right situation" does that mean that he only wants to start? of course no.

You wonder if Eric Bledsoe ever regrets his time at Kentucky? He could have easily been a top 5 pick and given his own team to run had he not been stuck behind John wall.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

You are still making my point, Mayo never say that he only wanted to start as you and others keep saying, "been in the right situation" is way different, hell even Augustin said that the Pacers "were the right situation" does that mean that he only wants to start? of course no.
    http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/07/o-...s-a-sixth-man/

But the guard did say something rather interesting about how coming off the bench now could affect any future contract. Mayo was asked if being a reserve hurts his value.

"I would say so,'' he said. "I would probably say so. What do you think?''
    Yeah, I'm really not making your point..

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    You wonder if Eric Bledsoe ever regrets his time at Kentucky? He could have easily been a top 5 pick and given his own team to run had he not been stuck behind John wall.
    Good point. He is certainly a hot name atm (especially among fantasy owners).

Banned

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/07/o-...s-a-sixth-man/

Yeah, I'm really not making your point..
    Of course that coming off the bench in Memphis affected his value EVERYBODY knows that.

Here is the question:Mayo was asked if being a reserve hurts his value.

And here is his answer "I would say so,'' he said. "I would probably say so. What do you think?''

Every bench player with potential to be an starter would say that, maybe the only guy that has not been affected by been a bench player is Harden, any other player and they don't get full value because they are bench players, so I'm sorry but this info is not saying much.

I stand by my comment a month ago that the clippers top to bottom are the NBA's best team. Their bench could win 35-40 games by itself.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

The Clippers wont trade him until they get CP3 to resign this off season. But I could see them trading him to add the final piece to their team. Bledsoe is great and playing him 20mpg is kind of a waste of his talent. If I was VDN I would start him and play him with CP3 but I don't think they will ever do that.

I wonder if he will ask for a trade?

No doubt the Clippers bench is damn near a playoff team. In the east they easily make the playoffs.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Of course that coming off the bench in Memphis affected his value EVERYBODY knows that.

Here is the question:Mayo was asked if being a reserve hurts his value.

And here is his answer "I would say so,'' he said. "I would probably say so. What do you think?''

Every bench player with potential to be an starter would say that, maybe the only guy that has not been affected by been a bench player is Harden, any other player and they don't get full value because they are bench players, so I'm sorry but this info is not saying much.
    What I (and a lot of other people) are saying is that a team that puts you in a starters position is a much better situation for a player with a 2 years contract (the 2nd being a player's option) that tries to raise his market value.

That's why he turned down more money to play for the Mavs?

Do you disagree with this?

Banned

I'm still amazed about how many people passed on the guy, I remember watching him in college and thinking that Wall was not that much better than him, in fact I liked his game more because he was able to pass and shoot the jumper.

Bledsoe doesn't need to ask for a trade. The clips will gladly sign/trade him away When he becomes a RFA. No way will they spend that much on a backup PG wen they have to pay Jordan, Paul and Griffin.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-09-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Banned

What I (and a lot of other people) are saying is that a team that puts you in a starters position is a much better situation for a player with a 2 years contract (the 2nd being a player's option) that tries to raise his market value.

That's why he turned down more money to play for the Mavs?

Do you disagree with this?
    People are saying this exact words "Mayo didn't want to come here because he only wants to start", that's different than saying "yeah he wanted to go to Dallas to start because if the best for his future so he can get a long term deal" two different lines of thinking.

I still believe that if the Pacers offered Mayo a good deal he would be a Pacer.

Sports Logo

People are saying this exact words "Mayo didn't want to come here because he only wants to start", that's different than saying "yeah he wanted to go to Dallas to start because if the best for his future so he can get a long term deal" two different lines of thinking.
    You're not answering to "people" now. You're answering to me. Can you answer to my exact words, please?

I still believe that if the Pacers offered Mayo a good deal he would be a Pacer.
    He already turned down 2 better deals than the one he signed. One of those was by the Suns. The other was by an unknown team? Could we be this unknown team? Could his agent be bluffing? We have no means to know.

However, do you have any means to know that the Pacers didn't offer him a good deal? Can you tell me what could they do different?

Mood

Bledsoe doesn't need to ask for a trade. The clips will gladly sign/trade him away When he becomes a RFA. No way will they spend that much on a backup PG wen they have to pay Jordan, Paul and Griffin.
    Blesdoe for Granger makes sense Butler is getting older and will so be off the books(would probably have to be a filler in the trade he has been average at best his past 2 years Granger would be a real upgrade IMO) . I wonder if they go cheap and get a guy on a rookie deal instead

Bledsoe/Stephenson/ Hill or draft pick? FA
    Hill/Stephenson
    George/Stephenson/Green
    West/FA or draft pick
    Hibbert/Ian

That is a really solid team and The Clippers then are arguably the best team in the West for the next 5 years. Of course Granger has to be healthy.

I wonder who eles makes sense for the Clippers makes sense in a Bledsoe trade no way really jumps out.

Danny granger is a free agent the same year as Bledsoe. A trade wont be an option unless he really wants to be a clipper, and the pacers would have to find the money to pay Bledsoe to begin with in addition to hill, hibbert, and George.

Depending on who they draft, the pelicans are the most likely destination for Bledsoe. They have a couple chips LA would want as well in Lopez and rivers, and two young finishers in Gordon and Davis Bledsoe would want to play with.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-09-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Mood

Danny granger is a free agent the same year as Bledsoe. A trade wont be an option unless he really wants to be a clipper, and the acres would have to find the money to pay Bledsoe to begin with in addition to hill, hibbert, and George.

Depending on who they draft, the pelicans are the most likely destination for Bledsoe. They have a couple chips LA would want as well in Lopez and rivers.
    Rivers? I wouldn't want Rivers poor mans Barbosa IMO. I hated that pick for NOLA made no sense for that team(but I hated Austin Rivers game for almost everybody's team. Lopez would make some sense but I would trade for Granger or a Rudy Gay type player this off season if I was the Clippers that is there need a good forward.

Iggy would be the best fit but I dont see him getting traded. Maybe a S&T because he is a free agent if he wants to be a Clipper and honestly why wouldn't he. Same with Granger who lives in LA why wouldn't he want to be a Clipper?

Coach K made me laugh when he said he actually likes his team this year

It's not about what the clippers want for Bledsoe. They can't afford to keep him, so it's about where Bledsoe wants to be in 18 months.

They also cant deal Bledsoe this summer for granger simply because of the salary difference, and the clippers don't have any filler to throw in. I don't see them dealing a defensive glue guy like butler.

They could deal him elsewhere, but I don't see why. Their window is now and he's more valuable next season than anything they could get for him.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-09-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Banned

You're not answering to "people" now. You're answering to me. Can you answer to my exact words, please?

He already turned down 2 better deals than the one he signed. One of those was by the Suns. The other was by an unknown team? Could we be this unknown team? Could his agent be bluffing? We have no means to know.

However, do you have any means to know that the Pacers didn't offer him a good deal? Can you tell me what could they do different?
    I think the Pacers deal was there but once they made their moves and they used all their cap space there was nothing else they could do, according to reports Mayo wanted a long term deal close to 10mil a year I believe that if Larry is here he signs Mayo, he wanted him bad.

I think he turned down Phoenix because remember that Phoenix signed EJ to a contract, Dallas to me was his last option, he is doing the exact thing Crawford did with Portland and now somebody is going to pay over 10mil for his services.