Page 40 of 178 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/atlanta.htm

Damn I didn't know Atlanta had so much money to spend next year.
    After they re-sign Josh Smith (which I'd assume they'll do) and sign both of their first-rounders... that's about it for their cap space. Though they could add some pieces and then re-sign Josh if they're willing to go reasonably far over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    i think they'll be fine, Davis looked like a legit star, Anderson was a great signing, Vasquez and Aminu have been solid. Gordon signing won't kill them no matter what, rebuilding projects take 3-4 years anyway, by that time Gordon will be expiring. And yeah, they could easily get another high pick this year.
    Even OKC had a couple strikes - Jeff Green, Aldrich picks, Tyson Chandler fail, Perkins contract.
    Anthony Davis is a great start, you can build around him, he's looks really good now and you don't even feel like he's scratched the surface. They never run anything for him and he's putting up excellent numbers. Ryan Anderson is killing it, but really that doesn't even seem like an anomaly, since its basically what he did last year, rebounds well, shoots the 3 with crazy quick release, but he's not the detriment on defense or really in any other part of the game. What I'm saying is he isn't the one trick pony who just can shoot the 3. He's not Steve Novak or Kyle Korver or Matt Bonner or Jason Kapono type, imo. He's a nice overall player who is only 24.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Banned

@basketballtalk: Report: Lakers shoot down trade talks for Gasol from Raptors, Timberwolves http://t.co/Q5NhQeRa #PBT #NBA

Yep the two teams I have been saying for a while that make the most sense for LA, Gasol to Toronto for Andrea+Calderon or Gasol to Minny for Dwill,Varea and filler, LA have Anderson first on their list but that's not going to happen.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Andre Drummond is 16th among rookies in minutes played, and he's still leading all rookies in rebounds and 3rd in blocks.

Might be time to end the maxiell charade and just start him.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-06-2012 at 12:09 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I still don't get how this makes sense for either team. Isn't Gasol better than Bargs, but Bargs is still that same type of soft player, isnt' Calderon a bad version of Nash. How does getting an aging Pau with iffy wheels fit the Toronto plan. If you move Gasol shouldn't you get a better type of fit with the existing team, not a worse version of him. And yes I know Bargs has range, but still. I mean, maybe just go at Dwight and see how quick you can get him in foul trouble, cuz none of these guys can guard a chair.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I'm always right... just kidding.

I don't think is hard to figure out what LA needs and what D'Antoni likes, there are not that many players that can fill that position on that system with Howard as the center, there are only like 5 guys in the whole NBA, Andrea, Anderson, Dwill, Dirk and Love.

Out of the guys I mentioned only two are available for the right price(Dwill,Andrea), now maybe the Lakers want to go small and make a trade for a Gallinari and have him play at power forward but I don't see it happening.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I still don't get how this makes sense for either team. Isn't Gasol better than Bargs, but Bargs is still that same type of soft player, isnt' Calderon a bad version of Nash. How does getting an aging Pau with iffy wheels fit the Toronto plan. If you move Gasol shouldn't you get a better type of fit with the existing team, not a worse version of him. And yes I know Bargs has range, but still. I mean, maybe just go at Dwight and see how quick you can get him in foul trouble, cuz none of these guys can guard a chair.
    Andrea and Calderon on D'Antoni's system could be amazing, those two guys are the perfect fit for the system, I agree with you on the defense part reason why I think that that is the only reason why the Lakers have not pull the trigger yet, maybe if the Lakers want to take on Landry Fields for defensive purposes? he was good on that system in NY.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rumor has it that Gasol is going nowhere, as he is the reason that LA landed Nash....Nash wants to play with Pau, and signed with LA to do so....If LA moves Pau, then they have an upset Kobe and an upset Nash....That doesn't seem like a good situation to put an already toxic Lakers team in....I still question hiring D'antoni, but hey, not my team, and I really couldn't care if they win ever again....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

(NBA-related because Kobe's in it)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fun fact of the day: the NBA's top two all time points leaders (Abdul-Jabbar and Malone) only led the nba in scoring twice in a combined 39 seasons.

#3 and #4 on the list (Jordan and Chamberlain) combined for 17 scoring titles in only 29 seasons.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-06-2012 at 03:44 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Some of Wilt's scoring numbers are almost too absurd to be counted.

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    Rumor has it that Gasol is going nowhere, as he is the reason that LA landed Nash....Nash wants to play with Pau, and signed with LA to do so....If LA moves Pau, then they have an upset Kobe and an upset Nash....That doesn't seem like a good situation to put an already toxic Lakers team in....I still question hiring D'antoni, but hey, not my team, and I really couldn't care if they win ever again....
    i saw that a few days ago from Ric Bucher, but knowing Bucher's LA reporting in the past.... (Bucher was the guy who basically called out Wojnarowski o ESPN radio when Woj reported the Magic-LA-Denver-76ers Howard deal and basically implied that Woj is making stuff up and fishing for clicks)

it's possible and not really unusual (CP3 had a similar request to the Clippers about DeAndre Jordan). But even if true, that was before the Howard trade, so I wonder if there'd be any objections to a good deal that fits the current system and roster better.

Andrea and Calderon on D'Antoni's system could be amazing, those two guys are the perfect fit for the system, I agree with you on the defense part reason why I think that that is the only reason why the Lakers have not pull the trigger yet, maybe if the Lakers want to take on Landry Fields for defensive purposes? he was good on that system in NY.
    there is some sense in Bargnani, mainly because of age and shooting, and also there are tax savings.
    I think they don't want to do it because, one, Jim Buss seems set on finding a star in 2014 free agency and Bargnani's deal would prevent it, two, I think they are hoping for a better deal.

That Sota's Pekovic+Williams deal is so much better in terms of assets. I'm surprised if the Wolves really offered that... But of course Pau is a great fit for the Wolves system... Maybe Khan is feeling heat to win now.
    If that deal is really available, it's a nobrainer, the Lakers just need to find that 3rd team. Maybe NOLA? Pekovic for Anderson. It would make sense for all involved. The Lakers get Anderson, Williams and fillers.

Kobe Bryant Blasts Teammates For Failure To Criticize Pau Gasol

LOS ANGELES—Claiming there was “no excuse” for tolerating weakness, Lakers guard Kobe Bryant publicly called out his teammates Thursday for their failure to condemn center Pau Gasol’s lackluster play this season. “We all need to step up, get right in his face, and vilify him like we really mean it,” said Bryant, who encouraged the entire team to “come together and just attack, attack, attack” the 7-foot-1 Spaniard. “Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one denouncing Pau’s weak style of play every single night. That’s not acceptable. This has to be a team effort. I want our bench guys to get involved. Coach [Mike D’Antoni] is with me on this, but even he knows he could be doing more.” Bryant also issued a challenge to each and every one of his teammates to draw technical fouls for fighting with Pau Gasol during Friday’s game against the Thunder.
    Sources

Banned

Here are the reported pieces from both teams.

The Wolves are likely trying to pair Gasol with his fellow countryman Ricky Rubio, who returned to practice this month after undergoing ACL surgery from an injury he sustained against the Lakers last season as a rookie. In order to get Gasol, the Wolves are reportedly prepared to offer Derrick Williams, the No. 2 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, and center Nikola Pekovic.

The Raptors, meanwhile, would reportedly trade Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, also from Spain, and Lina Kleiza for Gasol.
    http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/06/pa...?sct=nba_t2_a4

Here are the reported pieces from both teams.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/06/pa...?sct=nba_t2_a4
    I don't know how the Lakers turn down the Wolves offer. If the offer is true. Can the Wolves absorb Pau's contract?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing in either of those packages makes me deal Gasol if i am Kupchak
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Raymond Felton: 4 years, $14.8 million (really, 3 years, $10.9 million). What a bargain.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Raymond Felton: 4 years, $14.8 million (really, 3 years, $10.9 million). What a bargain.
    He plays great in New York. The Knicks CLEARLY made the right decision by going with Felton and Kidd while dumping Lin. Felton alone is better than Lin, and Kidd adds an extremely valuable veteran champion locker room presence.

I wish the Pacers had an old school former champ on their team like a Kidd or Sheed. I think Byron Scott used to bring his Laker rings into the Pacers' locker room to motivate the team. When old successful veterans who have won titles talk, the rest of the guys listen. Kidd and Sheed know how a champ conducts itself. They might have a combined age of almost 80, but you can't put a price on their experience.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.

$329,000 in lost money for Barkley for his career T's. That's an average night in Vegas for him.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    The Knicks also lucked out because his year in Portland probably turned off other potential suitors.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 12-06-2012 at 09:46 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    He plays great in New York. The Knicks CLEARLY made the right decision by going with Felton and Kidd while dumping Lin. Felton alone is better than Lin, and Kidd adds an extremely valuable veteran champion locker room presence.

I wish the Pacers had an old school former champ on their team like a Kidd or Sheed. I think Byron Scott used to bring his Laker rings into the Pacers' locker room to motivate the team. When old successful veterans who have won titles talk, the rest of the guys listen. Kidd and Sheed know how a champ conducts itself. They might have a combined age of almost 80, but you can't put a price on their experience.
    Let's give it a little more time.

Felton came back to a place where he played well and was motivated after a terrible season.

Lin has been coming off a knee injury, is under a ton of pressure to be a superstar..while being a non drafted no-where near developed younger player who happened to show a ton of potential.

It wouldn't be too surprising if Felton gets a little comfortable and Lin gets better..

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

That Kevin Durant/Jim Belushi movie looks pretty awesome, right guys?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    That Kevin Durant/Jim Belushi movie looks pretty awesome, right guys?
    I was thinking the same thing