Page 39 of 178 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like this box score can't be right. Wizards beat the Heat for their second win of the year... taking them out despite Lebron's triple double? What?
    Choker Lebron made an appearance. Two missed wide open threes and two missed free throws to end the game.

Also, for some reason..Spoelstra took out Ray when they needed a 3...

AJ played quite well though.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well done Greg Smith loved that dude in college. Just shows what proper coaching and development at the Dleague level can do. He outplayed Dwight tonight well done by him and the rockets bench.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

And the Lakers blame-a-thon is starting to escalate. Kobe blamed free throws, Howard indirectly took a shot at Kobe about defensive rotations and bad ball movement.
    At least when Pau played, they had a whipping boy.
    That team lacks leadership and it could get even uglier from here.

Just kicking some ideas around for Pau, none of these would come true for various reasons, it'd just be interesting to see the outcome.

-Pau to Spurs for Diaw and Leonard.

-Pau to Celtics for Jeff Green and Brandon Bass.

And my absolute favorite:

-Pau to NY for Amare and Shumpert.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Just kicking some ideas around for Pau, none of these would come true for various reasons, it'd just be interesting to see the outcome.

-Pau to Spurs for Diaw and Leonard.

-Pau to Celtics for Jeff Green and Brandon Bass.

And my absolute favorite:

-Pau to NY for Amare and Shumpert.
    I'd love to see any of these. Especially the Spurs and the Celtics. I think he'd look like an All Star on those two teams again.

KG might've had some words thrown at Pau over the years, but I think they'd be great together. It's a shame the Celtics have no expirings to reduce the Lakers' tax. Maybe a 3-teamer? The Celtics have a ton of players that would be interesting for D'Antoni -- Green, Terry, Courtney Lee, maybe Sullinger.

Leonard+Diaw+S-Jax expiring (+maybe Bonner or some other pieces to put Spurs back under tax) ---- that seems like a good deal for both teams, imo, but the Lakers might not want to send Pau to a conference rival.

I'd really like the Pacers to find a way to get Greg Smith. He's good and I think he'd flourish here by re-teaming with his college buddy, PG.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Pau at this stage is really not meant for fast-paced games. Triangle and post-up plays are what really suit him with his ability to score and pass.

Maybe the Pacers can try to work a trade for him and be a 25min/game backup. I'm sure Vogel and Shaw would be happy running plays for him. Just wishful thinking.

New Orleans Hornets will become the Pelicans.
    Maybe it's posted already, didn't see it. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/87...cording-report

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Pau at this stage is really not meant for fast-paced games. Triangle and post-up plays are what really suit him with his ability to score and pass.

Maybe the Pacers can try to work a trade for him and be a 25min/game backup. I'm sure Vogel and Shaw would be happy running plays for him. Just wishful thinking.
    I think if the Pacers got him, they'd have to give up so much that he couldn't be a 25mpg player. It would cost us a couple starters, since there's no one really valuable on the bench.

I think he could play a running game, but as a 5. Compare him to other 7 footers, his mobility is still elite. But a David West type is going to be faster if that's Pau's matchup. And Pau doesn't look nearly as explosive as in his prime, but that may be just tendinitis.

I agree that his minutes will probably have to be managed carefully from now on, like San Antonio does with Duncan. Maybe 30-32 minutes a game. There have been some pretty sad reports of how Mike Brown was managing him -- huge minutes + grueling 4 hour practice schedule (other Lakers vets were excused from some of them). Combine with how healthy he's been over his career and how much he played in games, add playoffs runs over the last 5 years, add summers for Spain... It's not surprising at all that his knees are feeling it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    Looks like mike bibby wants another run could he help the pacers?
    Id take him would be no worse than DJ and Bibby can still shoot the ball okay.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    I think if the Pacers got him, they'd have to give up so much that he couldn't be a 25mpg player. It would cost us a couple starters, since there's no one really valuable on the bench.

I think he could play a running game, but as a 5. Compare him to other 7 footers, his mobility is still elite. But a David West type is going to be faster if that's Pau's matchup. And Pau doesn't look nearly as explosive as in his prime, but that may be just tendinitis.

I agree that his minutes will probably have to be managed carefully from now on, like San Antonio does with Duncan. Maybe 30-32 minutes a game. There have been some pretty sad reports of how Mike Brown was managing him -- huge minutes + grueling 4 hour practice schedule (other Lakers vets were excused from some of them). Combine with how healthy he's been over his career and how much he played in games, add playoffs runs over the last 5 years, add summers for Spain... It's not surprising at all that his knees are feeling it.
    Well that's why it's just my wishful thinking. I'm really sure with the way the team focuses their plays with West, I'm sure he'll be very happy having to work with him and with Shaw. And there will really be a smoother offense because he still is an elite big man.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Well that's why it's just my wishful thinking. I'm really sure with the way the team focuses their plays with West, I'm sure he'll be very happy having to work with him and with Shaw. And there will really be a smoother offense because he still is an elite big man.
    Yep. By the way, if I was confusing with the David West line, I was referring to the Lakers-Pacers game, not how they'd play together.
    I've just seen Pau criticized a lot after that game because he couldn't keep up with West at times, but it's really unfair to compare a 7ft 4/5 with a very skilled smaller PF, not to mention that Pau had trouble with those kind of players even in his prime and Lamar Odom used to match up against them.

Banned

@basketballtalk: Kevin Durant missed this dunk, but it would have been amazing (VIDEO) http://t.co/DmloEwEo #PBT #NBA

Damn

After watching that Rockets game, Greg Smith = impressive indeed. Just outworked Dwight when they were matched up. Dwight looked lazy, he basically pulled an Al Jefferson on boards a few times and tried to just move and grab them, instead of boxing out.

Also, Kobe really needs to chill. I guess hack-a-Dwight is bound to be analyzed a lot, but Kobe's hero ball is what really killed the Lakers offense in the 4th quarter. Hack-a-Dwight looked like it actually helped the Lakers score compared to the alternative.
    Defense sucked again, and Dwight really hasn't looked impressive. Neither did Kobe. Jamison and Duhon seemed to be doing a better job with defensive rotations than the Lakers "All Defense" guys. Even Artest fell asleep a few times, but at least he was guarding Harden.
    Those guys need to get some mirrors and look at them long and hard.

The Rockets did a great job getting Asik at 8 mil, btw. They should've signed him for 4 years. By far the best defender on the court today, and he looked like that in every game I've seen so far. Last year I had doubts if he could handle starter minutes and maintain his effort, but clearly he can.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 12-05-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Congrats to Kobe.

No denying he's flawed as a player. Frustrating even. But he's also going to be the guy that I'll look back on with nostolgia, measuring up every new "star" to him. (I never watched MJ.) I think he'll be more appreciated when he retires.

Banned

Atlanta is playing better than I thought, Denver needs to play faster.

Banned

You know you suck when an old a$$ Derek Fishers is starting in front of you.

Banned

DC made a typical DC mistake and Rick send him to the bench.

Banned

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/atlanta.htm

Damn I didn't know Atlanta had so much money to spend next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    You know you suck when an old a$$ Derek Fishers is starting in front of you.
    Why do you always call him "Fishers"? lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Why do you always call him "Fishers"? lol
    My phone, I live in fishers

so yeah how about that Austin rivers huh posting a mighty 5.6 PER in 27 MPG.

keep ballin' son.

srsly the guy is terrible he cant shoot a lick to save his life and this is what he was said to be one of his strengths coming out of duke.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    so yeah how about that Austin rivers huh posting a mighty 5.6 PER in 27 MPG.

keep ballin' son.

srsly the guy is terrible he cant shoot a lick to save his life and this is what he was said to be one of his strengths coming out of duke.
    While he obviously isn't as bad as he's currently playing, there is just no way in hell he should have been chosen as high as he was. He's just not that good. I feel bad for NO. They really can't afford to strike out on picks since they gave Gordon a big contract and who knows how often he'll play. Just not smart management.

I would love for NO to get the 1st pick again and take Noel. That would be pretty funny, but ultimately could give them a pretty exciting frontcourt for years.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

i think they'll be fine, Davis looked like a legit star, Anderson was a great signing, Vasquez and Aminu have been solid. Gordon signing won't kill them no matter what, rebuilding projects take 3-4 years anyway, by that time Gordon will be expiring. And yeah, they could easily get another high pick this year.
    Even OKC had a couple strikes - Jeff Green, Aldrich picks, Tyson Chandler fail, Perkins contract.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Too early to call Rivers a bust, but I see the potential for it. He can still get to spots on the floor with his handles, he needs to become a lights out shooter like a Stephen Curry for it all to work, imo. The book on him has shown to be true, tries to play like Kobe without that kind of size or athleticism. I was surprised at Duke he had the green like for coach K like he did. It's going to be a steep learning curve for A Rivers, but by most accounts he has the work ethic. NO had designs on him being a Point Guard, thats a huge adjustment. We'll see, it'll be interesting, he's very young and just doesn't have the NBA game yet. If he shows he can be a back up Point Guard and be clutch that'll be a good start for him, but he may be a year away from even that.
    Last edited by Speed; 12-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.