Page 36 of 178 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Why would Cleveland trade Varejao for anyone on our team besides Granger?
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Cleveland trade Varejao for anyone on our team besides Granger?

Why would they trade him for Granger??

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...so we're just going to overlook Orlando getting the most satisfying win any nba team will have all season...

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Could somebody explain to me why D'Antoni left Dwight in the game (instead of putting Pau in) despite the Hack-a-Dwight the Magic did?

Spurs having fun (i think this is from Halloween)

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Could somebody explain to me why D'Antoni left Dwight in the game (instead of putting Pau in) despite the Hack-a-Dwight the Magic did?
    An while you're at it, why he puts in Jamison and his no D for Pau?

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Could somebody explain to me why D'Antoni was hired
    Fixed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Fixed.
    yeah that.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Cleveland says no. They've only got 48.5 million in salary, so they don't need to save money. Walton's on the last year of his deal, and they've already cut Harangody and Azubuike even though they have guaranteed money.

Best trade I could come up with is Varejao and Waiters for West, George, and a lottery protected first round pick. But I'm not sure Cleveland does that either.
    That's what I am saying. I don't think the Pacers have the assets to get him. Cleveland just says no.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

That's what I am saying. I don't think the Pacers have the assets to get him. Cleveland just says no.

I concur.

Only if Cleveland wants West as an expiring to have more cap space. But then the Pacers would have to add some type of sweetner to get a deal done. The question has to be how much sweetner? Paul George? 1st?

Normally a team trys to unload a bad contract in this type of deal, but the Cavs don't have a bad contract. They have a 6 mil useless contract in Walton, but it's an expiring. Varejao is the biggest contract they have at 8.3 mil. His extremely reasonable contract makes it difficult for the Pacers to make a trade for Varejao w/o overpaying to get him.

Granger, Plumlee, and a 1st, might be of interest to them for Varejao and Walton, but that's overpaying. The Pacers would need to get something more of value back.

As much as I've always wanted Anderson Varejao, I just don't see a trade with the Cavs happening.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Varejao is only 30, but when West showed up here, you acted like he was on his way out in a casket.
    Remind me how had knee surgery? you know the answer but you are just asking this question to start some stupid argument.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Remind me how had knee surgery? you know the answer but you are just asking this question to start some stupid argument.
    Yeah you're right it's 1985 and knee surgery is an automatic career changer still. It's not about a stupid argument it's about your double standard for Pacer players and non Pacer players.

Also, Varejao did suffer a major injury that same year West did, he tore a tendon in his ankle and missed the last 51 games of the season, but you know don't let that stop you.

Someone says Varejao is a littler older, and you say oh he's only 30, but when we signed West you couldn't believe we would spend money on a 31 year old. So yes, it's a double standard, and the injury excuse doesn't even fly because Varejao and West both suffered major injuries that same year, but it is interesting that you only chose to remember West's.

Oh yeah, and Varejao broke his right wrist last year too....but yeah I'm just trying to start a stupid argument, if you don't want to get called out, maybe you should start having more consistent opinions. You didn't want anything to do with West because he was 31 and had knee surgery, but you're all about going out and getting a 30 year old who in the past two years has torn a tendon ankle and broke his wrist, doesn't that seem a little contradictory? I'm not saying Varejao is injury prone, but the way he plays definitely makes him susceptible to injuries. I have begun to notice an interesting pattern about some of the players you always want us to obtain though.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Pacers and Cleveland are not really great trade partners, because while Varejao would be a nice asset for us to have, our front court is not a pressing need at the moment. Even with Roy's poor play offensively he has still been very good defensively and West's increase in production offensively has sort of countered Roy's dropoff. Right now we are lacking a really good wing scorer, and maybe Danny is that guy when he comes back or maybe not, but until Danny returns it is clearly our biggest need. The Pacers of course should also be trying to get in on any deal that can land them a big time PG, nothing against Hill he is a fantastic player, but I would love if he could become our jack of all trades, who would sometimes start at the 1 or 2, but would also come off the bench. We should not and hopefully Hill doesn't either view him as a starter just because of his contract, he absolutely needs to play 32-35 minutes a night but how he gets those minutes could vary. He could thrive IMO as a super sub who starts in certain situations with Paul swapping to the bench on those nights, once the team is fully healthy. Lots of ways to improve this team at the deadline IMO, but I don't think dealing with Cleveland for Varejao is a very logical one from our side or theirs.

Banned

Yeah you're right it's 1985 and knee surgery is an automatic career changer still.It's not about a stupid argument it's about your double standard for Pacer players and non Pacer players.

Also, Varejao did suffer a major injury that same year West did, he tore a tendon in his ankle and missed the last 51 games of the season, but you know don't let that stop you.

Someone says Varejao is a littler older, and you say oh he's only 30, but when we signed West you couldn't believe we would spend money on a 31 year old. So yes, it's a double standard, and the injury excuse doesn't even fly because Varejao and West both suffered major injuries that same year, but it is interesting that you only chose to remember West's.

Oh yeah, and Varejao broke his right wrist last year too....
    Big difference, West had a surgery and nobody knew how healthy he was, THE PACERS TOOK A HUGE RISK, now Varejao has shown so far that he is healthy and that he is the best center in the east HUGE DIFFERENCE and yes he is so far an all star(remember who was laughing at this?)

I also didn't want West next to Roy because both of them are really slow on D, that was my thinking at the time and so far they have proven me right, Varejao is also a legit quick seven footer that can play lock down D and rebound out of his mind, he is the perfect player to have next to Roy.

So at the end if you compare both Varejao and West next to each other the only thing West does better than Varejao is score nothing else, Andy is a way better defender and a way better rebounder and is not even close.

Banned

Pacers and Cleveland are not really great trade partners, because while Varejao would be a nice asset for us to have, our front court is not a pressing need at the moment. Even with Roy's poor play offensively he has still been very good defensively and West's increase in production offensively has sort of countered Roy's dropoff. Right now we are lacking a really good wing scorer, and maybe Danny is that guy when he comes back or maybe not, but until Danny returns it is clearly our biggest need. The Pacers of course should also be trying to get in on any deal that can land them a big time PG, nothing against Hill he is a fantastic player, but I would love if he could become our jack of all trades, who would sometimes start at the 1 or 2, but would also come off the bench. We should not and hopefully Hill doesn't either view him as a starter just because of his contract, he absolutely needs to play 32-35 minutes a night but how he gets those minutes could vary. He could thrive IMO as a super sub who starts in certain situations with Paul swapping to the bench on those nights, once the team is fully healthy. Lots of ways to improve this team at the deadline IMO, but I don't think dealing with Cleveland for Varejao is a very logical one from our side or theirs.
    Uh?....... right now Hill is playing close to an all star level why would you want to bring somebody else?

Big difference, West had a surgery and nobody knew how healthy he was, THE PACERS TOOK A HUGE RISK, now Varejao has shown so far that he is healthy and that he is the best center in the east HUGE DIFFERENCE and yes he is so far an all star(remember who was laughing at this?)

I also didn't want West next to Roy because both of them are really slow on D, that was my thinking at the time and so far they have proven me right, Varejao is also a legit quick seven footer that can play lock down D and rebound out of his mind, he is the perfect player to have next to Roy.

So at the end if you compare both Varejao and West next to each other the only thing West does better than Varejao is score nothing else, Andy is a way better defender and a way better rebounder and is not even close.
    Varejao playing a combined 56 games the last two seasons shows he can stay healthy? Got it. That makes sense.

This isn't about who is better, this is about you not having any concern with Varejao's age and his injury history while with West you did. Varejao is a great rebounder, but the guy has hurt himself multiple times becuase of how he plays, separated shoulder, torn tendon in ankle, broken wrist...I'm not saying it would preclude me from being interested in him, but it is hilarious to me that with West you were seriously concerned with his age and his injury, but with Varejao you act like it is no big deal at all.

Varejao and Roy doesn't really make sense next to each other. West and Varejao to me does make sense, but the cart is hitched to the Roy horse.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Uh?....... right now Hill is playing close to an all star level why would you want to bring somebody else?
    So that it can continue to free Hill up to bring what we need on the back court on any given night. It's not about HIll being bad, but it's about trying to use his talents to their maximum benefit for the team.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-03-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Varejao playing a combined 56 games the last two seasons shows he can stay healthy? Got it. That makes sense.

This isn't about who is better, this is about you not having any concern with Varejao's age and his injury history while with West you did. Varejao is a great rebounder, but the guy has hurt himself multiple times becuase of how he plays, separated shoulder, torn tendon in ankle, broken wrist...I'm not saying it would preclude me from being interested in him, but it is hilarious to me that with West you were seriously concerned with his age and his injury, but with Varejao you act like it is no big deal at all.

Varejao and Roy doesn't really make sense next to each other. West and Varejao to me does make sense, but the cart is hitched to the Roy horse.
    Don't forget that West has shown his knee isn't a problem, and Vnzla continues to harp about his age. So if the excuse is that it's just not age, but age and unknown health together, then the criticism should stop when the unknown health question has been answered.

Banned

Varejao could have played more games in the past seasons but Cleveland had not reasons to play him because they were(are) in tanking mode, he doesn't have some long term injury concern either so I'm not worry about that.

Again you are just arguing for the sake of arguing, West was a 31 years old player that had a serious knee injury, nobody knew how healthy he was going to be, there is a reason why not many teams tried to get him(only Boston and Indiana) and there is a reason why the Pacers only gave him a two years contract BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW HEALTHY HE WAS, and nope I'm not ignoring Varejao's injury concerns but for what I've seen he got hurt while playing the game he doesn't have any long term injuries or anything like that and so far he has proven that he is healthy, the same with West.

West and Varejao makes sense if Cleveland was willing to take on Roy's contract but I don't think they are crazy to do that and the Pacers won't do it either.

Banned

This guy lol

Dwight Howard happy in LA, but won't commit

Dwight Howard says he's happy with the Lakers. Very. But he won't commit to staying with them past this season. "We're not going to talk about it," he said Saturday. "We're not getting into that." He's sticking with the recent trend established by LeBron James, Chris Bosh and, this season, Chris Paul. Howard is another All-Star in the last year of his contract, waiting to see what happens with his team before making a commitment of another five years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dwight Coward, what an fool. I wouldn't want that baby as the leader of my team.

He's slowly on the decline anyway as are the Lakers.

I have Anderson Varejao as the current best center in the NBA.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Dwight Coward, what an fool. I wouldn't want that baby as the leader of my team.

He's slowly on the decline anyway as are the Lakers.

I have Anderson Varejao as the current best center in the NBA.
    That being the case is a huge argument for Roy's contract being reasonable. How sad is it that Varejao and Lopez are going to be the All Star Centers for the East? Nice guys, decent players, playing well, but not the best two guys in half the league.

Looks like mike bibby wants another run could he help the pacers?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    That being the case is a huge argument for Roy's contract being reasonable. How sad is it that Varejao and Lopez are going to be the All Star Centers for the East? Nice guys, decent players, playing well, but not the best two guys in half the league.
    Varejao is averaging 15 and 15 while Lopez is averaging 18 and 7, just to remind you Roy made it as an all star last year while averaging 12 and 8, now you tell me what's more sad? .....

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    Looks like mike bibby wants another run could he help the pacers?
    No.