Page 34 of 178 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Banned

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know why people are surprised by Varejao. He was always capable of putting up big numbers. The only problem he has is that he is injury prone.
    I've been in the Varejao bandwagon for years(before you came here) and many people here thought I was crazy to want that "overpriced copy of Jeff Foster", they even told me that Mcbob was better than him, there is a whole thread full of comments like that.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I've been in the Varejao bandwagon for years(before you came here) and many people here thought I was crazy to want that "overpriced copy of Jeff Foster", they even told me that Mcbob was better than him, there is a whole thread full of comments like that.
    I understood your fascination with SideShow Bob....I just thought that it was near impossible to acquire him with the assets that we were willing to give up. Couple that with the fact that he's still fairly young and that he was signed at an incredibly reasonable contract ( given his production )....and you have a Player that would be very hard to acquire.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I understood your fascination with SideShow Bob....I just thought that it was near impossible to acquire him with the assets that we were willing to give up. Couple that with the fact that he's still fairly young and that he was signed at an incredibly reasonable contract ( given his production )....and you have a Player that would be very hard to acquire.
    It doesn't matter what we were willing to give up anyway, Scott said last year that Andy was off-limits period.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There were also people who agreed with you. Quite a few, as I recall.

I don't get the amount of "I have to be vindicated for my opinion" that goes on around here. If talent evaluation was what someone got paid for, and he/she got fired because of an opinion about a player, then vindication makes sense. Otherwise, it's just an opinion, in most cases based on information that is extremely incomplete. Sometimes players pan out, sometimes they don't, sometimes it is the situation they are in. There will always be people with extreme opinions, and basing an entire worldview on the few people with extremes one way or the other would have to be pretty frustrating.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I remember reading as early as the start of last season that the Cavs were willing to trade him for a first-rounder and cap space.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I think I remember reading as early as the start of last season that the Cavs were willing to trade him for a first-rounder and cap space.
    Yep the Cavs wanted at least a first round pick for him too bad the Pacers had plans to use theirs...

McBob seems to have become McDud, where as Varejao's play has other teams wishing they had him with his more than reasonable contract.

Yep the Cavs wanted at least a first round pick for him too bad the Pacers had plans to use theirs...

But but Bird just had to have George Hill.

Sorry, the devil made me do it.

Sports Logo

I'm trying to get some context on this rumor ( only cuz I don't recall the rumor ).....were the Cavs looking for ANY 1st round pick for SideShow Bob? or were they looking for a Lottery 1st round pick?

The reason I ask is that over the last 2 seasons...we haven't had a lottery pick to trade....which clearly had more value than the 16th or the 26th pick.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Remember when I said that people always want to get invalid vindication and can't wait to pat them themselves on the back about something they are obscurely maybe partially correct about to a point and in reality over half the people in the conversation agreed with you....... well I was right and you all taunted me and told me how stupid I was and I was the only one who was right about it, so you all can suck it, I showed you, I hope you all wake up everyday with deep seeded regret and sorrow at how wrong you all were and how right I was. At least have the courage to admit how much smarter I was than you all.

I don't always like to write over the top sarcasm to the extreme, but when I do I like to do it on PD. Stay Classy, my friends.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Banned

I'm sorry but I get a lot of s*** from a lot of people around here because my opinions are not blue and gold popular, so if you are going to give me s***, laugh at my opinions and ridicule me anytime I don't make a popular opinion I'm going to pat my back, point at my name behind my jersey while running away from you and I'm going to ridicule you and laugh at you once I'm proven that I was right.

If you are strong enough to give me s*** about my opinions you should be strong enough to take it like a man.

And before anybody tells me that I think I'm never wrong that's not true, so far David West is proving me wrong and I'm fine with that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sorry but I get a lot of s*** from a lot of people around here because my opinions are not blue and gold popular, so if you are going to give me s***, laugh at my opinions and ridicule me anytime I don't make a popular opinion I'm going to pat my back, point at my name behind my jersey while running away from you and I'm going to ridicule you and laugh at you once I'm proven that I was right.

If you are strong enough to give me s*** about my opinions you should be strong enough to take it like a man.

And before anybody tells me that I think I'm never wrong that's not true, so far David West is proving me wrong and I'm fine with that.
    Perhaps worded a little too strongly but I appreciate what was said.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eric1516 For This Useful Post:

I do agree with most of what you say to some degree, especially the Verajeo stuff. Only thing I'm not with you on, right now is the chemistry deal, I put tons of stock into team chemistry. At least I think you were down playing it abit. Don't sweat it V, you voice some good opinions on here. Nobody ever gets any credit right or wrong, its the internet.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I do agree with most of what you say to some degree, especially the Verajeo stuff. Only thing I'm not with you on, right now is the chemistry deal, I put tons of stock into team chemistry. At least I think you were down playing it abit. Don't sweat it V, you voice some good opinions on here. Nobody ever gets any credit right or wrong, its the internet.
    Don't get me wrong I think chemistry is important I just don't think about chemistry when I'm looking for players upgrades, I think that if you have a team with a good front office and grown a** people around the players you bring, team chemistry should happen, SA is a good example of that, just look at how the clown of Jackson is behaving there.

For example, I remember when the Pacers brought the great "team chemistry" player in D Jones to the Pacers and at the end of the day the guy was traded to Dallas because he was a team cancer, the same thing happened with "Mr team chemistry" in Posey, I guess my point is that you never know about "team chemistry" until you have the team together.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shved is doing whatever he wants vs the Bucks. His probing has been the key component in the Twolves pulling away. Larry Sanders has been amazing human eraser.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That isn't true from what I read from Amico (their beat writer) basically said they were not trading him for picks but teams offered that. Amico said they wanted to keep him as a leader to help the young guys like Irving. Plus the fans love him I am on my phone will try to pull the article up when I get to my pc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    That isn't true from what I read from Amico (their beat writer) basically said they were not trading him for picks but teams offered that. Amico said they wanted to keep him as a leader to help the young guys like Irving. Plus the fans love him I am on my phone will try to pull the article up when I get to my pc
    I posted the article few posts back, the rumor was that they wanted at least a first round pick last year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Shved is doing whatever he wants vs the Bucks. His probing has been the key component in the Twolves pulling away. Larry Sanders has been amazing human eraser.
    What a shot in the last couple of minutes.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I'm trying to get some context on this rumor ( only cuz I don't recall the rumor ).....were the Cavs looking for ANY 1st round pick for SideShow Bob? or were they looking for a Lottery 1st round pick?
    The one I remember is the rumor that Cavs turned down GS' lottery pick (which turned into Harrison Barnes) for Varejao.

Ok here's the rumor:

Trade talks among the teams in the top-10 seems to be heating up. The Cavaliers have approached Charlotte, New Orleans, and Golden State about acquiring their lottery picks. While it is common for teams to talk and gauge interest about potential deals the Cavs have been more aggressive. Sources say the Cavs have expressed the willingness to absorb salary in addition to trading the 24th pick. A potential stumbling block with New Orleans is the Hornets insistence thus far to have Trevor Ariza and Emeka Okafor included in a deal for the 10th pick. According to one league executive the Cavs could get a deal done with the Warriors if they trade Anderson Varejao and 24 but that the Cavs are unwilling to pull the trigger on that deal right now.
    http://www.iamagm.com/article/rumor....arriors.7.pick

Which may or may not be true, of course. Don't ever remember reading anywhere that Cavs were willing to dump Varejao for a mid/low pick and cap space, that's more like wishful thinking.

Banned

Everybody on the Lakers is making their shots, Jamison with 28 points tonight.

Banned

Make it 31 for Jamison, damn.

Sports Logo

Everybody on the Lakers is making their shots, Jamison with 28 points tonight.
    Figures.....after I drop him on my fantasy team.

Banned

Figures.....after I drop him on my fantasy team.
    Make it 33 and 12.

Sports Logo

and at the end of the day the guy was traded to Dallas because he was a team cancer
    Huh???

He was never a team cancer. In fact, he was one of our best cheerleaders in his last year and an important player. The only reason he was traded was to make cap space for the new guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Huh???

He was never a team cancer. In fact, he was one of our best cheerleaders in his last year and an important player. The only reason he was traded was to make cap space for the new guys.
    That's not what it was reported.