Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

streets ahead

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Milwaukee is in there. Possibly Atlanta and Sacto, too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Have the nets hired a coach?

nba voice overs.

Here's some Pacers related Euro news: good ole Travis Diener just officially acquired Italian citizenship, thus having dual nationality. Took the oak in a not so fluent Italian, but good to know he can at least speak (and read) it a little bit

Having never been on a USA team (obviously), he'll most likely suit up for our national team in the upcoming European Championship,
    Last edited by Marlin; 05-29-2013 at 08:56 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's some Pacers related Euro news: good ole Travis Diener just officially acquired Italian citizenship, thus having dual nationality

Having never been on a USA team (obviously), he'll most likely suit up for our national team in the upcoming European Championship,
    The Italian National Basketball Team doesn't have a Ball Boy?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Apparently now they do

All jokes aside, he's played great basketball in our league, which is more his level. Finished the year with averages of 17.2 points and 7.5 assists, logging the 2nd overall average grade (which is sort of a PER). He'll come very useful to our NT, God knows we need point guards.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...f-memorabilia/

Hall of Famer Elgin Baylor auctioning off memorabilia
    Kurt Helin May 29, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
    1 Comment

Getty Images
    When you talk about the greatest NBA of the 1960s, Elgin Baylor is near the top of the list because he was starting to change the game. In the 1960s, when Bill Russell’s Celtics were dominating, Baylor was playing above the rim for the Lakers. He paved the way for Dr. J and the generations that followed. He is one of the game’s all-time greats.

And he is selling all his basketball memorabilia — 358 pieces in all. Everything has to go.

The people of Julien’s Live of Beverly Hills are doing the auction, everything from the championship ring of the 1971-72 Lakers (he only played 9 games that season) to an autographed shirt from his high school. There is his ring from the 1958 Final Four (he led Seattle University there), the 1959 All-Star game co-MVP trophy, and much, much more.

All of it goes on sale Friday starting at 10 a.m. Pacific (1 p.m. Eastern) at the link above.

If you’re thinking Baylor, who was the long-time GM of the Clippers after his playing days, is doing this for money, he told Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times that is not the case. He just wants to get rid of the stuff.

“You’re thinking there’s something financial going on here, but it’s not true,” he said. “I have no financial problems at all. None of that. Seriously…

”I’ve had so much enjoyment with these things over the years. Now it’s time to let someone else enjoy them,” Baylor said.

He also said he is in good health, that’s not the reason either.

Whatever the motivation, it’s an amazing collection and even if you’re not shopping you need to just go flip through the items. It is a treasure trove of basketball history.

Just found a gem on the realgm-forum:

by tonyreyes123 on Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 am
    Heat are still going to win this series. They're tanking to make the Spurs rusty.
    Thank you Jeff.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post

Heat are still going to win this series. They're tanking to make the Spurs rusty.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post

Awesome.

It's just so hard to know who is leveling these days. Trolling isn't as black and white as it used to be and many posters are subtle with their trolling. That's why everything you read should be read with caution and before you pound your head on the table....you could be the one getting leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

LOL! Nice one!

OT since not NBA, but there's a professional basketball player (just signed by Cholet, a French 1st division club) whose name is Steeve Ho You Fat.

Not a joke. See http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla..._Basket/100621

I know no one likes Bill Simmons when he is on ESPN, but he makes some interesting comments on the part 2 podcast, http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantla...yer?id=9323482 , about how they are forced to talk about certain topics, and kind of bashes ESPN. Wished he was talked like this on TV instead of going balls deep as a homer.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Simmons is a lot more honest in his podcasts or a really like him when they go the grantland live streams.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

link in the tweet:
    The Houston Rockets are determined to trade forward Thomas Robinson – the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to create salary-cap space for the pursuit of Los Angeles Lakers' free-agent superstar Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Rockets have made clear to multiple rival teams that they plan to accept the best offer to move Robinson and eliminate his $3.52 million salary for the 2013-14 season.

Without Robinson's salary, the Rockets will have the space to offer Howard a maximum deal starting at approximately $20.5 million a season.

Houston is competing mainly with Dallas – and possibly Golden State – to lure Howard once free agency commences on July 1. Howard has become increasingly intrigued with the Rockets as a possible destination, sources said. Houston's supporting cast, including James Harden and Chandler Parsons, is one of the reasons.

The Rockets are targeting teams with the cap space to absorb Robinson's contract. The Rockets are trying to cobble together a package that could include assets such as a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts that they can be unloaded, sources said.

The Rockets are the second team to give up on Robinson since he came out of Kansas considered one of the most prepared prospects in the class. Robinson, a 6-foot-10 forward, struggled to earn time on the lowly Kings and never showed the Rockets the promise that led them to trade for him in February.

Robinson, 22, averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds playing a combined 70 games for the Rockets and Kings. Sacramento traded him to Houston in a package that included Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and cash.
    The Pacers can't really get him in this scenario (unless it's via a third team). Still, interesting how fast he lost his value.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post

link in the tweet:

The Pacers can't really get him in this scenario (unless it's via a third team). Still, interesting how fast he lost his value.
    I don't think he lost value really I bet the Rockets want to keep him but can't. If you look at the Rockets roster he is the only player that makes sense to trade that sheds the $. They wont have PT for him if they get Howard. Dontas and Smith don't make enough to help.If the Rockets get him that team is going to be scary. Good luck trying to score on Asik and Dwight.

But he is a major project so of course his value isnt super high. If I am a team like the Cavs I would be all over this for an early 2nd rd pick(they dont have cap holds). Morey loves picking early in the 2nd,
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-30-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I don't think he lost value really I bet the Rockets want to keep him but can't. If you look at the Rockets roster he is the only player that makes sense to trade that sheds the $. They wont have PT for him if they get Howard. Dontas and Smith don't make enough to help.If the Rockets get him that team is going to be scary. Good luck trying to score on Asik and Dwight.

But he is a major project so of course his value isnt super high. If I am a team like the Cavs I would be all over this for an early 2nd rd pick(they dont have cap holds). Morey loves picking early in the 2nd,
    They could try to combine lets say Terrence Jones or Motiejunas with Royce White. It would be essentially the same salary drop. Then the trading partner cuts White (1 year guaranteed) and keeps Jones or Motiejunas.
    Or even combine Jones and Motiejunas, if they were still high on Robinson.
    But it seems that they'd rather keep those other guys and get whatever they can for Robinson. To be fair, I'm not extremely surprised, Robinson hasn't looked too well and he's not very young.

Or maybe Morey is shopping those other pieces too and Woj just doesn't know it yet.

That was Vogel's reaction of Chalmers' flop that gave Hill his 4th foul, and totally swung momentum towards Heat, as Augustin had no idea how to set up the offense.
    Last edited by immortality; 05-31-2013 at 12:05 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I believe that would be his 3rd foul; his 4th foul an offensive foul.

Bargnani is being shopped around "everywhere". It's going to be hilarious when D'Antoni trades for him.

Daryl Morey's pulling out all the stops for Dwight, he just changed his Twitter bio to "Great players understand that you need to play with other great players to win the title" lol

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Can anyone help me find the past Pacers Digest mock drafts? You know, the ones where each poster who participates chooses a team and drafts as if they were that team. For some reason, I can never find stuff using the search feature on this forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Can anyone help me find the past Pacers Digest mock drafts? You know, the ones where each poster who participates chooses a team and drafts as if they were that team. For some reason, I can never find stuff using the search feature on this forum. Any help would be appreciated.
    You might find it using Google to search PD.

I just read that the quickest way to use Google to search a specific website is to search like this, for example, (in the search box, type) "site:www.pacersdigest.com mock draft"

If you did that, you'd get this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...hrome&ie=UTF-8

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You might find it using Google to search PD.

I just read that the quickest way to use Google to search a specific website is to search like this, for example, (in the search box, type) "site:www.pacersdigest.com mock draft"

If you did that, you'd get this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    I tried that next, but with little success. I could have sworn we did one, if not last year, definitely in 2010 or 2011. To make a long story short (too late!), I was hoping whoever usually does that to do it again. Didn't want to step on any toes. Is anyone interested in doing that for this year's draft?