Page 175 of 178 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #4351

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    NBA Guru
    @NBAGuru

    Oladipo comes in with a MONSTER 42" max vertical. Highest since Josh Selby and Iman Shumpert in 2011.

  2. #4352
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 8'10" standing reach is pretty disappointing. But everything else looks good. Clearly has to be a 4 but I think that was pretty well understood.
    His standing vert might be the best for a player over 6'9" ever. I know they've already confirmed it's the best in the past decade which is pretty crazy. But yeah the standing reach is an issue, and agreed definitely a 4.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #4353

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NBA Guru
    @NBAGuru

    Oladipo comes in with a MONSTER 42" max vertical. Highest since Josh Selby and Iman Shumpert in 2011.
    Man, I wish we had a top-5 pick.

  4. #4354
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Zeller's sprint time faster than Oladipo and McLemore.

    Holy schnikes.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #4355
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Tim Hardaway JR's numbers are coming in great. He sounds like he is the big winner of the combine so far. Olynyk a big loser so far. (not really surprising)

    I like number wise what I see from Allen Crabbe, great wingspan and a decent leaper, he has the tools to be a strong shooter/defender on the wing.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #4356
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I was a huge fan of Tim Hardaway for the Pacers but he may have shot out of our reach. Literally. Apparently he's been the best shooter in camp by far.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  7. #4357
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was a huge fan of Tim Hardaway for the Pacers but he may have shot out of our reach. Literally. Apparently he's been the best shooter in camp by far.
    Yeah like 75% on NBA range 3s, plus his athletic numbers have been a pleasant surprise.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #4358
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Olynyk a big loser so far. (not really surprising)
    His measurements haven't been outstanding but his skill level seems to be blowing everybody else out of the water.

    Basically, he's the anti-Miles Plumlee. Which can only be considered a good thing.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  9. #4359
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His measurements haven't been outstanding but his skill level seems to be blowing everybody else out of the water.

    Basically, he's the anti-Miles Plumlee. Which can only be considered a good thing.
    I guess I'll believe it when I see him up against NBA guys, I just don't buy his game working, maybe he's Luis Scola redux, but maybe he's Tyler.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #4360
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I'll believe it when I see him up against NBA guys, I just don't buy his game working, maybe he's Luis Scola redux, but maybe he's Tyler.

    Well he can dribble and shoot so he's automatically much more skilled than Tyler. He's also a lot bigger. He measured at 7'0" and has 9'0" standing reach. He can play center. He won't be a huge center. He won't be a long center. But he can play it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  11. #4361

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well he can dribble and shoot so he's automatically much more skilled than Tyler. He's also a lot bigger. He measured at 7'0" and has 9'0" standing reach. He can play center. He won't be a huge center. He won't be a long center. But he can play it.
    re standing reach: he measured at 8'10 in this draft combine, which is exactly like Tyler.

  12. #4362
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    re standing reach: he measured at 8'10 in this draft combine, which is exactly like Tyler.
    The link you posted claims 9'0".
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  13. #4363

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Raptors might look at Kevin Pritchard as a possible replacement for Bryan Colangelo?

    Multiple NBA sources say MLSE has hired a head-hunting firm to whittle down a list of possible replacements to replace Colangelo. Deadline to pick up Colangelo’s option year is Monday.

    The deadline to determine the future of Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo is quickly arriving.

    According to NBA sources, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment — and new chief executive officer Tim Leiweke — has to decide by Monday on whether to pick up Colangelo’s option year for 2013-14.
    That will end a drawn-out saga of Colangelo’s future that’s been in question since Leiweke took over as the majordomo at Maple Leaf Sports last month.

    While not officially on the job yet, Leiweke has been given all responsibility to determine Colangelo’s fate. The two men have met and discussed plans for the Raptors future but neither has spoken publicly about their feelings.

    And Leiweke is not conducting the search for a possible replacement on his own; multiple NBA sources say MLSE has hired a head-hunting firm to whittle down a list of possible replacements.

    Two names being tossed around NBA circles at the league’s annual draft combine are Kevin Pritchard, currently the general manager of the Indiana Pacers and Troy Weaver, the vice-president and assistant general manager of the Oklahoma City Thunder.


    There may be others on any short list compiled by the unnamed search firm but neither of those are seen as the slam-dunk, high-profile executives many were expecting to emerge from Leiweke’s search.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...urces_say.html

  14. #4364

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The link you posted claims 9'0".
    oops, i thought we were still talking about Cody Zeller.

  15. #4365
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Shane Larkin with a FORTY FOUR INCH max vert. Holy ****.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #4366
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oops, i thought we were still talking about Cody Zeller.
    Olynyk. Zeller is clearly a 4. I still can't figure out why people were saying he was an NBA center for the last two years.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  17. #4367
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shane Larkin with a FORTY FOUR INCH max vert. Holy ****.
    Is that good? That sounds good.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  18. #4368
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that good? That sounds good.

    Oladipo and McLemore both did 42 inches which was the highest since Shumpert in 2011. 44 has to be one of the highest ever.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. #4369
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah like 75% on NBA range 3s, plus his athletic numbers have been a pleasant surprise.
    A surprise??? He was Michigan's best athlete IMO. I never got the love for Robinson's athleticism, yes he has a big body but he doesn't move all that well. Tim has always moved really well he glides. I would take him much higher than where the Pacers pick. He has all the tools to be a great scorer and future 6th man award winner type of player. He has been one of my favorite players all year. If he went to a school where he was the only good player on the team he would be thought of very differently.

  20. #4370
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oladipo and McLemore both did 42 inches which was the highest since Shumpert in 2011. 44 has to be one of the highest ever.
    2nd best ever is what I saw.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  21. #4371
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I disagree with you on that P4E. You must not remember Tim before Burke got there. I think it was good that he got to play second fiddle for a while. He has shook off some of the chucker stink that used to follow him and yes his vertical numbers were a pleasant surprise.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #4372
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I didn't want to start a new thread for this , so I'll just post it in here ..

    I come across these while looking for new Pacers desktop wallpaper and thought ithey was cool as hell..
    Obviously this first one was made prior to Danny being out this season, but nonetheless neat wallpaper..






    Last edited by Kemo; 05-18-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  24. #4373
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with you on that P4E. You must not remember Tim before Burke got there. I think it was good that he got to play second fiddle for a while. He has shook off some of the chucker stink that used to follow him and yes his vertical numbers were a pleasant surprise.
    That may be true I guess. I think playing the role he did this year will help him in the NBA. Guys like Crabbe and what not are not use to playing on great teams and being the 3rd and 4th option. Tim excelled at that role this past year and I think many teams will fall in love with his readiness to play right away.


    MCW is the guy whose numbers really surprised me. I still don't trust his game completely, but he is a lottery pick for me much smarter lottery pick than a guy like Marshall last year. I was weary of his defense all year due to the zone, but with the numbers he posted he should be able to defend 1v1 pretty well.


    Also that Pelle kid I really like how he moved. I have never seen him play ,but I am intrigued a lot by what I saw at the combine. I wish there was some tape on him. His frame scares me but as a project 4 I like him. It may take 3-4 just to make the rotation but he has talent and our devlopment staff I trust so I would be ok with that gamble.

  25. #4374

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Bobcats should become the Charlotte Hornets in 18 months or so.



    The Charlotte Bobcats are in the process of changing their name back to "Hornets," a source with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com's Will Brinson, including arranging digital assets that would allow a return to their original nickname.

    There is no timetable for the switch though NBA commissioner to be Adam Silver told Bobcats season ticket holders in April that such a change would take at least 18 months to implement. Moreover, the change is not unexpected and would likely be popular with the North Carolina fan base.

    Bobcats chairman and owner Michael Jordan confirmed in February that the team hired "a national polling group" (previously reported as Harris Interactive) to determine how fans felt about a change back to Hornets. Jordan called the reaction to the poll "very mixed." Numerous grassroots groups have pushed for a return to Hornets.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ack-to-hornets

  26. #4375
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shane Larkin with a FORTY FOUR INCH max vert. Holy ****.
    I still dont like him at all for the NBA. I think Slick ask me awhile back why I didnt like him and I never got back to answer it. The reason I don't like him is size he is one of the smallest guys I have seen. Isiah Thomas has a 6'2 wingspan Larkin's is 5'10 and it shows on tape. I just dont see how you can play him at the NBA level. I hope he proves me wrong, but I said all year I love him as a college player but hated him as a prospect. The combine confirmed what I saw on tape. I like him better than Pierre Jackson but I don't think either will be big time rotation players long term.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •