Page 162 of 178 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

tbh, after seeing game like that i might join the chant

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Kobe wasn't so horrid on defense this year, he could be top 5.
    @qandrews9428

4. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

LeBron's handshake with a ballboy

It's really cool to be that ballboy. It's also getting impossible to dislike LeBron.

also. Ron is too sexy for his cat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron's handshake with a ballboy

It's really cool to be that ballboy. It's also getting impossible to dislike LeBron.
    I'm cool with Lebron (cuz I know the guy obviously) as long as he doesn't start dancing on the sidelines during a blowout again. that stuff was just disrespectful.

also. Ron is too sexy for his cat.

What?!?! Lol

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1h

The 76ers want coach Doug Collins to quit after the season, voiding the last year of his contract, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
    Retweeted by BigAl@YourService
    Expand
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

The 76ers want coach Doug Collins to quit after the season, voiding the last year of his contract, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
    Expand
    So does every team who plans on firing their coach. That's some really ground breaking stuff from the Inquirer.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    So does every team who plans on firing their coach. That's some really ground breaking stuff from the Inquirer.
    And really, every boss with an underperforming employee.

Expand
    It wasn't his fault they were awful. They never had chemistry together and Bynum never played
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    It wasn't his fault they were awful. They never had chemistry together and Bynum never played
    Doesn't the chemistry thing kind of fall under his umbrella?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, I think the fact that by year 3 in his tenures, he has alienated a majority of every young team that he's ever coached would strongly suggest that he has a lot to do with that. He's a fantastic Xs and Os guy, but he isn't the answer at head coach for any team.

I'm looking forward to seeing him back in the booth with TNT in the very near future. He's excellent in that role, arguably the best NBA color commentator in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I dont' see how its Collin's Fault that team has no chemistry. His GM was the one who traded the team's leader for a malcontent who hasn't even set foot on the floor, and made his first year there into a sideshow.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Expand

Must be the only reason they haven't fired him yet. It's been obvious for most of the season Philly will have a new coach next year.

It's easier to blame the coach than for the FO to shoulder the blame for a teams problems.

If only Green, Augustin, Mahinmi, and Plumlee had just played better! The poor bench play is their fault says the Pacers FO.

tbh, after seeing game like that i might join the chant
    Please don't be like Ace Anderson and wear a Lakers jersey to BLF and root for the Lakers against the Pacers.
    @qandrews9428

21. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

I remember seeing an interview with Bynum back in early october - wow was he out of shape. Figured he wouldn't play this season looking like that.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    It's easier to blame the coach than for the FO to shoulder the blame for a teams problems.

If only Green, Augustin, Mahinmi, and Plumlee had just played better! The poor bench play is their fault says the Pacers FO.
    The Sixers FO wasn't conservative and took a chance. Isn't this what you think a FO should do?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Please don't be like Ace Anderson and wear a Lakers jersey to BLF and root for the Lakers against the Pacers.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...l-this-summer/

Amar’e Stoudemire to help coach Canadian team in Israel this summer
    Remember a couple few ago, when Amar’e Stoudemire signed with the Knicks — the then savior of the franchise — and he drew the eyes of the the basketball world? At least the parts not focused on South Beach?

At the time he had discovered his Hebrew roots through his mother and had studied up on it, even going back to Israel to further his knowledge. Now he is headed back but to further other’s basketball knowledge.

Stoudemire will be part of the coaching delegation for the Canadian basketball entrant in the Maccabiah Games, an every four years Jewish athletic games in Israel (long called the Jewish Olympics). The New York Times has the details.

For the eclectic Stoudemire, who has also written children’s books and is the subject of a documentary that will have its premiere April 19 on EPIX, the coaching role is new, but the destination will not be. …

“It was a bit of a dream scenario to reach out to Amar’e because of his discovering his Jewish roots and his playing basketball,” Alex Brainis, the head of Maccabi Canada’s delegation, said. “We figured that if he said yes, this would be a big recruiting tool.”
    The games are big — 8,500 athletes from 70 countries are expected to compete. What kind of coach Stoudemire would make remains to be seen, but at this level of play he certainly has the knowledge of the game to be helpful.

First, he has to get back from another knee surgery to help the Knicks — he is expected to return around the start of the first round. The Knicks have found a groove entering the playoffs, with 13 straight wins, it will be interesting to see if Stoudemire’s return has any impact on that, positively or negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

The Sixers FO wasn't conservative and took a chance. Isn't this what you think a FO should do?
    Sure, but you have to use common sense too. Why take on Bynum's contract when he has documented health issues? You are playing Russian roulette. If you fail like Philly's FO did, it wasn't a prudent decision. It's like giving Foster a 12.6 mil contract when knowing FULL WELL his health history. Poor FO decision and a waste of ownership's money by Philly FO and Bird.

Granger's health is going to make it hard to trade him unless you find another Philly FO. After teams seeing Philly get "burned", who wants to put their job on the line trading for Granger? Sure, if he comes back and plays well, the FO that traded for Granger looks great, but if he doesn't the FO has egg all over their face looking like idiots. Collins isn't my type of coach but he's going to be the scapegoat for Philly's FO blunder. Not only taking on Bynum's contract, but trading away Vucevic who is having a great season with a very promising future ahead of him. Then on top of that trading away Iguodala who is the reason Denver is having the season they are having. Anyone notice the stats Iggy is putting up lately? They aren't missing a beat with Gally out with Wilson Chandler stepping in. Nor with Lawson injury. Great FO decisions. They were pro-active and smart making good decisions. They even got rid of Nene after overpaying him. Who would have thunk that!?!? Love watching their team play BB.

Denver's FO traded Melo and had the ability to reload to be where they are now. Then you have the Philly FO who wants no part of the responsibility of the 76ers problems, so they throw Collins under the bus. Sorry, Collins didn't make the trades, but he had to coach what Philly's FO gave him.

The Orlando GM has made some trades and has the Magic going in the right direction. To me they look like a good young up n coming team with a top 5 pick in this lottery to add to the team. He got pro-active and made some smart trades.

The Pacers FO looked to strengthen the bench as they should have, but unfortunately they didn't do the job that was needed. Am I upset with them for taking a chance on Augustin... NO. Am I upset that they took a chance on Green and Mahinmi... NO. What I am upset about is not being prudent with the contracts they gave both... fully guaranteed contracts with no Team Option years. The FO made a terrible blunder doing this. Lets see a raise of hands who would be really happy if Green had a TO for next year. Mahinmi a Team Option the 3rd and 4th years. I can hear a bursting out of Oh Happy Days being sung by the fans.

I spent part of Monday afternoon researching the other 29 teams for who will be FA next season. I never considered players like Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, CP3, etc players but other players. I had a list of 70 plus players. Interesting things when looking at other teams players! Such as Robin Lopez, who was a RFA that I and others wanted, signed a 3 year contract with Phoenix with only the 1st year guaranteed. Now, why was it again that Green and Mahinmi had to have fully guaranteed contracts again?

Another observation that a few teams like Brooklyn filled out their rosters with cheap contracts. Could you imagine Reggie Evans on the Pacers playing for less than 2 mil. Blatche got $854,000 from Brooklyn. Houston gave Delfino 2 year contract at 3 mil with 2 nd year unguaranteed. Those type contracts were out there yet the Pacers FO went their way.

This off season there will be plenty of players to fill out rosters cheaply w/o having to sit on the bench waiting to mature into their game in years to come. I'm not really a Nate Robinson fan, but he's playing heavy minutes and contributing for the Bulls at $854,000. He's better than Augustin at 4 times the money. The Knicks got Kenyon Martin for $170,000. Quit grinding your teeth vnzla81! The Cavs got Shaun Livingston for $774,000. He'd be an improvement at b/u PG as well.

The point I'm making is other teams found these and other players, and didn't rush into making mistakes. These players and many more will be FA this off season. Maybe just maybe Walsh and Pritchard can get a player or 2 to strengthen the bench for next year this off season and cheap. All I can do is hope so!!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

WOO GO BULLS!

Banned

So Chicago could lose few more games and probably finish worse than Atlanta? that is not good.

No Noah or Gibson for the Bulls tonight.

Every team the Knicks play either has injured players or is sitting them. So annoying.

It doesn't help that the Bulls are clanking free throws like it's their job tonight.

Banned

Here is the rest of the schedule for both teams:

Chicago has to play Toronto, Miami and Orlando.

Atlanta has to play Milwaukee, Toronto and New York.

At this point, I worry about the Nets more than the Knicks or the Bulls. We can still easily finish 4th if we lose the tomorrow's game.