Page 158 of 178 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Terrence Jones had 14/12 in his first NBA game since garbage time in mid-December

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So how many people are getting screwed over by Lebron or Wade not playing in their fantasy playoffs? I have Chris Bosh, so it's worked out really well for me. It's like I have vintage 2009 Bosh right now.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

yeesh
    He misquoted him. Kyrie said, "I think you should ask them. I'm not going to be the one to answer that." Them referring to his teammates. Changes the statement pretty substantially.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

The Raptors have finally decided to think about next year and unleashed Valanciunas, instead of benching him for Aaron Gray after every mistake. Surprise, Valanciunas is playing like their most talented big.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    He misquoted him. Kyrie said, "I think you should ask them. I'm not going to be the one to answer that." Them referring to his teammates. Changes the statement pretty substantially.
    Eh, not really "substantially." It's not like what he said was a ringing endorsement from his perspective.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Jrue Holiday's in the midst of a 1-21 shooting night
    He finished 2-24. According to basketball reference, no player has ever attempted more shots and made 2 or less since '86. Chris Webber and Allen Iverson were next closest. They both had 2-21 nights in '04.

http://bkref.com/tiny/Cy5zf
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    So how many people are getting screwed over by Lebron or Wade not playing in their fantasy playoffs? I have Chris Bosh, so it's worked out really well for me. It's like I have vintage 2009 Bosh right now.
    I have LeBron and Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    I have LeBron and Bosh
    thank God i have none of them
    "We want Miami"

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Eh, not really "substantially." It's not like what he said was a ringing endorsement from his perspective.
    Knowing that Kyrie calls Scott his "basketball dad" kinda changes the context, doesn't it?

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

12/15/3 for everyone's favorite Pacer McBob tonight. Guy's been pretty good in Charlotte.
    He actually finished with 12/16/4.

Since he's been in the starting lineup, he's averaged 9.6 points, 8.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.1 steals, and 0.5 blocks per game, and they've doubled their winning percentage.

Rounding down to make the numbers even, he's put up 9 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 steal as a starter. Do you know how many guys have averaged 9, 8, 2, and 1 this year?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=per

So basically, the Bobcats coach made Byron Mullens and McBob look like starters. Imagine what he could do with a real star PF on his team.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

Since he's been in the starting lineup, he's averaged 9.6 points, 8.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.1 steals, and 0.5 blocks per game, and they've doubled their winning percentage.

Rounding down to make the numbers even, he's put up 9 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 steal as a starter. Do you know how many guys have averaged 9, 8, 2, and 1 this year?

Ike Diogu?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    So basically, the Bobcats coach made Byron Mullens and McBob look like starters. Imagine what he could do with a real star PF on his team.
    Well, let's not get carried away. Mullen's only occasionally looked a starter because he shoots so damn much, eventually they're gonna fall and you're gonna have a big game. McBob's just being McBob.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post

Ike Diogu?

Surely not! The Ike I remember would constantly get double teamed and never passed the ball. Oh, the fond memories of the "crown jewel" of the IN/GS trade.

The Raptors have finally decided to think about next year and unleashed Valanciunas, instead of benching him for Aaron Gray after every mistake. Surprise, Valanciunas is playing like their most talented big.
    Just shows how dumb the Raptors have been this year. Even after trading For Rudy Gay which looks like a genius move, they still manage to handicap themselves by playing Aaron Gray over a talented young rookie big man.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Charlotte would be a good place for Miles. They are a young team that is trying to grow, and could give him the PT to develop him.

To me, Miles should have played with the Mad Ants this year instead being Inactive or collecting DNP-CD. If you truly want to know what he's got, then give him the chance to develop. Otherwise, find him a team that will. The Pacers owe him that much as they drafted him away from another team who could put him in a position to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Charlotte would be a good place for Miles. They are a young team that is trying to grow, and could give him the PT to develop him.

To me, Miles should have played with the Mad Ants this year instead being Inactive or collecting DNP-CD. If you truly want to know what he's got, then give him the chance to develop. Otherwise, find him a team that will. The Pacers owe him that much as they drafted him away from another team who could put him in a position to develop.
    BUT He did play for the Mad Ants this year, many times infact. Infact he was tearing it up for the Mad Ants if I recall.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Is there one example of a player who's team sent them down to the DLeague for longer than a month? I honestly don't know. When I see players being assigned to the DLeague, it's usually just for a few games and then they're back with the team. They go down again for a bit, and then they're back with the team.

Sending a player you drafted, especially with a guaranteed contract down to the Dleague for an extended amount of time isn't something that I would think would be "normal" procedure for a FO.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    BUT He did play for the Mad Ants this year, many times infact. Infact he was tearing it up for the Mad Ants if I recall.

PLease correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression Miles was only sent to the D-League 3-4 times for a few games each time.

I wouldn't give Mike Dunlap that kind of credit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

I guess he is finally going to get MLE, it only took him 6 years and 5 teams to look decent.

Sports Logo

The Bobcats have a tendency to make Players better than they really are....<< cough cough >> DJ.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Is there one example of a player who's team sent them down to the DLeague for longer than a month? I honestly don't know. When I see players being assigned to the DLeague, it's usually just for a few games and then they're back with the team. They go down again for a bit, and then they're back with the team.

Sending a player you drafted, especially with a guaranteed contract down to the Dleague for an extended amount of time isn't something that I would think would be "normal" procedure for a FO.

I agree with your 1st statement.

I understand your 2nd statement, but to me Miles is raw and needs to get as much game experience as he can get to develop. He's has a guaranteed contract as you pointed out, so to me you have an investment of money every week not playing, not getting game experience, and not developing as he could. Miles is an INVESTMENT that you are spending money on hoping to get a good return on your money. If it's my investment, I want a return ASAP on my money. At the age of 24 1/2 yo, he ain't gett'n any young'r, so why not give your investment the best possible opportunity to produce for you?
    To me, it just makes sense to do what is necessary to develop Miles as quickly as possible to get a return on your investment.

Geez, here I'm defending what I feel is Bird's mistake and parting gift to the Pacers! LOL!!! Even at that, it doesn't mean I don't want to see Miles succeed. As a Pacers diehard fan, I want to to see Miles given the best opportunity to succeed, and not playing isn't the way of doing it. JMOAA

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

I guess he is finally going to get MLE, it only took him 6 years and 5 teams to look decent.
    LOL! Now now, it just takes some players longer to develop. I've been told many times patience is a virtue.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Surely not! The Ike I remember would constantly get double teamed and never passed the ball. Oh, the fond memories of the "crown jewel" of the IN/GS trade.
    Ha, my point was that Ike, like McBob, has been on a ton of teams and has looked good for short stretches.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post: