Page 154 of 178 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #3826
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to forget the Heat have played 2 games in 5 days coming in. they have had it SOOOO rough compared to the Spurs having 4 in 5 coming into the first game. Actually the Spurs have a game in Memphis tomorrow and in OKC Wednesday, so i don;t think they are complaining. I also bet there are a lot more LBJ and Wade fans mad they paid big bucks for this game, but in he NBA fans are what they are.
    I'm not defending them. I absolutely think there was some gamesmanship on Miami's part. And you're right about the Spurs, this could make the difference in HCA for the finals potentially.

    I thought it was stupid the Spurs were fined. But there were ways they could have done it so they avoided the fine, IMO.

  2. #3827
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I understand Shags. I was just being sarcastic on their obvious point of trying to be cute. Guess they need to be rested for Tuesday's game against the Knicks and that prime time match up against the Bobcats!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:


  4. #3828

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    WOO GO Celtics.

  5. #3829
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Well played, Spoelstra. Well played.

  6. #3830

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Looks like the celtics are not helping us tonight

  7. #3831
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Good god, what a BS call on Leonard (for a supposed foul on Norris Cole)...

    Cole's a pretty good defender, by the way.

  8. #3832
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Chris Bosh with a HUGE shot!!!

  9. #3833
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    No LeBron, No Wade, No problem.

  10. #3834
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    So the headline is going to be how an undermanned Miami team beat the Spurs but, really, the refs created the opportunity for Miami to get in front out of nowhere, with that terrible call on Leonard...

  11. #3835
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I didn't think that was that bad of a call. Cole's foot got caught up on Leonard's when he made that spin move.

    It did remind me how much I hated Sean Elliott though.

  12. #3836
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't think that was that bad of a call. Cole's foot got caught up on Leonard's when he made that spin move.

    It did remind me how much I hated Sean Elliott though.
    Yeah, I disagree there regarding the call. I should note, though, that I think Miami played a really good game. Even with Wade, LeBron and Chalmers out, they're still stacked with talent (and experience).

  13. #3837
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Unfortunately, the Knicks are just absolutely rolling.
    @qandrews9428

  14. #3838
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy






    I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually feel good for Bosh here... I had the same reservations most did about him as a franchise guy, but despite the incredible attention he has gotten in Miami, I feel like his outstanding play has somehow become completely overlooked. He's still a very good player and an elite photobomber.

  15. #3839

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    There's just no way someone is beating the Heat.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  17. #3840
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's just no way someone is beating the Heat.
    I generally agree with you... the two teams that I think have the best shot are both out West... one is the Spurs, due to their cohesiveness, basketball IQ and superior coaching. The other team I could see would be the Clippers, because they have tremendous depth, the best PG in the league, and two really good bigs that could be matchup problems for the Heat. I see OKC coming out of the West at the end of the day, and the only way they can beat Miami is if Westbrook makes big changes to his game... and I don't see that happening. It's almost certainly Miami's year.

  18. #3841

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Are we going to ignore the Raptors' new revolutionary offense?


  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  20. #3842
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Knicks hitting a pretty tough stretch here.

    If we can keep rolling we might be able to get a 1.5 or 2 game lead on the seed which may be all that is needed in this race.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #3843

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    we are hitting two rough games as well. the only positive is that OKC game is back to back for them.

    in the end, i think we'll have to beat NY when we go to MSG to get that #2 seed.

  22. #3844
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we are hitting two rough games as well. the only positive is that OKC game is back to back for them.

    in the end, i think we'll have to beat NY when we go to MSG to get that #2 seed.
    OKC is a road game too for them.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #3845

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Brandon Roy: i'm at peace with my career, thinking about getting into coaching

    Roy Ponders Retirement, Hopes To Move Into Coaching
    Feb 01, 2013 11:32 AM EST

    Brandon Roy nearly called it a career after suffering yet another setback in his rehabilitation from knee surgery.

    “As soon as it happened, in my head, I said 'I quit. I just quit,” an emotional Roy said. “That was my first thought, that I couldn't do this anymore.
    “I'm at a crossroad in my career.”

    Roy will likely retire if he can't get right this season.

    “I look at it like this has got to be the last season,” Roy said. “I don't have any regrets because I know I tried to give it another season. So me saying this has to be the last season, it's not as difficult as it was last year. I tried. I gave it that last effort and it's time to move on. I'm at that range to where I'm at peace with things.”

    Roy hopes to start a coaching career soon.

    “Now, I think there's something in me that I can offer to basketball. There's a message that I can bring to basketball. I wasn't the fastest, the highest jumper, but my knowledge of the game helped me be an effective player at a high level,” Roy said. “Coaching at the NBA level is where I see myself. If this season is it for me, I'm not staying away from basketball. I would want to get in as soon as possible.”
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Into-Coaching

  24. #3846
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,444

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we going to ignore the Raptors' new revolutionary offense?

    WOW! THats is awesome. Who calls something like that? I've always wondered if something like that is legal or not. What stops a team from making a 4 person wedge around the the ball handler and creating a path all the way to the basket?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  25. #3847

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so you think Neil Olshey would keep his job if he traded the #11 pick for the #26 pick Some things never amaze me on PD.


    Trading up to #11 would cost way more than #26 alone like you make it sound, so your "you would rather have Plumlee wow!!" isn't valid pretty major hyperbole. Of course if the choice was Plumlee or Leonard I would take Leonard 110 times out of 100 but that wasn't the choice.

    If I was running the draft I would of traded back from #26 if I got a decent offer.


    GS and the Kings were the only teams who realistically would of traded their pick last year and it would of been Granger ++. I don't think we even had the assets to trade up to #7 last year if we wanted too. Maybe we could of pulled a fast one on the Maloofs and traded to #5 to get Lillard only because we could of took on all their crap contracts and the state the Maloofs were in they probably would of accepted that trade.

    would of been Salmons,Garica #5 for #26 two future #1 picks and another piece. I dont think Granger's contract would of intersted them because they wanted to cut costs.

    Yes, somethings are amazing! Posters foolishness to think someone thought they could trade a #26 straight up for a #11. Trading up MEANS the team trading up has to offer other assests. Surely, that goes without saying. Sorry, I didn't diagrahmed it out so there was no misunderstanding what I said.

  26. #3848
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we going to ignore the Raptors' new revolutionary offense?

    LOL, in 6th grade basketball, that was our go to play (except on the baseline). Got an open look every time. We sort of just stood next to each other though. No hugging.

  27. #3849

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    You are talking about "trading up" like it is the easiest thing to do. What asset would you give up that would entice Portland to do this?

    I never said it was easy to trade up, but it does happen enough for it to be a valid situation. It would depend on what Portland might be interested in getting back. #26 plus another future pick, a player, a combination of all. Pacer homers if they were trading the #11 would want the universe, the sky, the sun, and the moon in return. On a more reasonable note maybe the #26 and another pick might have gotten the #11 pick. Depends on what Portland felt the #11 was worth and whether the Pacers felt a player they liked was worth what Portland wanted in return.

    Bird in all his wisdom chose to keep the pick and draft Plumlee. What I will say is I have closely followed and watched the 013 NCAA tourney and watched Duke play during the reg season, and
    there is no comparison between Miles and Mason. I'm impressed with Mason's alhleticism, ballhandling, and overall game. As far as I'm concerned, the Pacers have the wrong Plumlee.

  28. #3850

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we going to ignore the Raptors' new revolutionary offense?

    I'm more interested in Johnson blatantly cheating on the jump ball

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •