Page 153 of 178 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    true, but all i care about is our next game with them in the regular season. every game counts at this point....i hate it when floppy 'darling' teams gets calls cuz one team is physical with them.
    True. But the refs have been giving Hibbert the respect all season long, should be interesting to see what happens when CP3 gets into the paint.

Nowitzki just took over vs Chicago.

Damn!

They are up 100-98 now.

I'd rather face Atlanta or Boston first round, hopefully Chicago keeps the 5th seed.

BOOOOOOZERRRR

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The race to the 8th seed in the West is really coming down to the wire. It would make me SO happy to see the Lakers miss the playoffs.
    @qandrews9428

7. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    True. But the refs have been giving Hibbert the respect all season long, should be interesting to see what happens when CP3 gets into the paint.
    easy.....hibbert will breathe on cp3 and cp3 will flop and get the benefit of the doubt since he's a superstar.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

true, but all i care about is our next game with them in the regular season. every game counts at this point....i hate it when floppy 'darling' teams gets calls cuz one team is physical with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    easy.....hibbert will breathe on cp3 and cp3 will flop and get the benefit of the doubt since he's a superstar.
    Interestingly, I don't remember CP3 going to the basket very much at all against the Spurs, Duncan or no Duncan. He did end up with 4 fouls in the game, as did Parker. I think we match up well with them if our bigs stay aggressive.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Steph Curry isnt human he is in video game mode right now.

Love what I am seeing from Myers Leonard he still has a long way to go still. He is finally showing flashes of his skill. He flashed his skill at Illinois but just like this year it isn't always there. I still love him as a spect he just needs to keep working perfect skill set for the NBA. I just loved his passing and flashes of great high post play in college. I hope he keeps improving the Blazers need it really bad. They are tanking though so these games should be taken with some salt.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-30-2013 at 11:48 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last edited by spreedom; 03-31-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Steph Curry isnt human he is in video game mode right now.

Love what I am seeing from Myers Leonard he still has a long way to go still. He is finally showing flashes of his skill. He flashed his skill at Illinois but just like this year it isn't always there. I still love him as a spect he just needs to keep working perfect skill set for the NBA. I just loved his passing and flashes of great high post play in college. I hope he keeps improving the Blazers need it really bad. They are tanking though so these games should be taken with some salt.

I thought Meyers was the best big after Davis and Drummond, sorry Miles, and if the Pacers were going to stay in the draft that KP would work his magic to trade up and get Meyers. I'd trade the 013 pick and sweetner to get him. I doubt Portland would be interested in trading Meyers though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I thought Meyers was the best big after Davis and Drummond, sorry Miles, and if the Pacers were going to stay in the draft that KP would work his magic to trade up and get Meyers. I'd trade the 013 pick and sweetner to get him. I doubt Portland would be interested in trading Meyers though.
    Wooah I liked him but I wouldnt have traded up for him. I had him rated the same spot I had a higher grade on him than Cody Zeller as well. I dont think he was worth trading up for Lillard was the only guy in the draft I would of traded up for.

Mood

Why would Portland consider Meyers untouchable? He is a nice rookie and all, but you wouldn't move him under any circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Why would Portland consider Meyers untouchable? He is a nice rookie and all, but you wouldn't move him under any circumstances?

I NEVER said Meyers Leonard was untouchable, YOU DID. Just keep in mind, they drafted Meyers while knowing they were going to go after Hibbert in FA. They had to like what they saw of Meyers to draft him at #11. With an undersized JJ Hickson playing the 5 and having a year vested in Meyers, why would they be interested in trading him?

They might trade him if a great deal came along or they pick up a good 5 in FA or trade for one this off season, but I'd be surprised if they trade him. It's like Bird trading Plumlee, or trading Tyler a year after drafting them. It didn't happen with Tyler, and it wouldn't happen with Plumlee.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Wooah I liked him but I wouldnt have traded up for him. I had him rated the same spot I had a higher grade on him than Cody Zeller as well. I dont think he was worth trading up for Lillard was the only guy in the draft I would of traded up for.

So you'd rather have not traded up for Leonard, instead have the infamous Miles Plumlee. I don't know what to really say other than wow!

The only reason Tyler Zeller is getting the PT he's gotten this year is the Cavs had no one else to play the 5 after Varejao went out with an injury. Miles Plumlee would have to have Hibbert, DWest, Mahinmi, and Pendergraph out before he'd have a chance at getting the PT that Zeller has gotten. LOL!

Oh well, next year will be Miles' year to show us all exactly why Bird drafted him!

Mood

So you'd rather have not traded up for Leonard, instead have the infamous Miles Plumlee. I don't know what to really say other than wow!

The only reason Tyler Zeller is getting the PT he's gotten this year is the Cavs had no one else to play the 5 after Varejao went out with an injury. Miles Plumlee would have to have Hibbert, DWest, Mahinmi, and Pendergraph out before he'd have a chance at getting the PT that Zeller has gotten. LOL!

Oh well, next year will be Miles' year to show us all exactly why Bird drafted him!
    You are talking about "trading up" like it is the easiest thing to do. What asset would you give up that would entice Portland to do this?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Mood

so you think Neil Olshey would keep his job if he traded the #11 pick for the #26 pick Some things never amaze me on PD.

Trading up to #11 would cost way more than #26 alone like you make it sound, so your "you would rather have Plumlee wow!!" isn't valid pretty major hyperbole. Of course if the choice was Plumlee or Leonard I would take Leonard 110 times out of 100 but that wasn't the choice.

If I was running the draft I would of traded back from #26 if I got a decent offer.

GS and the Kings were the only teams who realistically would of traded their pick last year and it would of been Granger ++. I don't think we even had the assets to trade up to #7 last year if we wanted too. Maybe we could of pulled a fast one on the Maloofs and traded to #5 to get Lillard only because we could of took on all their crap contracts and the state the Maloofs were in they probably would of accepted that trade.

would of been Salmons,Garica #5 for #26 two future #1 picks and another piece. I dont think Granger's contract would of intersted them because they wanted to cut costs.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Dirk looks just plain silly with that beard.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

So James, Wade and Chalmers arent playing today. There should be a fine coming then.

From http://tbt.blogs.nba.com/2013/03/31/...purs-7-p-m-et/

When asked if he understood the Heat’s caution with its star players, Popovich feigned surprise: “What do you mean? What kind of (bleep) is that? You kiddin?’ What a bunch of rummies. They’re doing that? Who would think of something like that? That’s below the belt. There’s no place for that kind of stuff. It is what it is. The motivation for it, you guys figure it out. It would be a great article.”

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    So James, Wade and Chalmers arent playing today. There should be a fine coming then.
    No fine according to Windhorst. LeBron's out with a hamstring strain, Wade and Chalmers are out with ankle injuries. All the players are in San Antonio. And, oh yeah, the game's on NBATV, not TNT.

That was the Spurs' mistake. They should have just made up injuries to Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, and kept them in Miami. And they should have played Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    From http://tbt.blogs.nba.com/2013/03/31/...purs-7-p-m-et/

When asked if he understood the Heat’s caution with its star players, Popovich feigned surprise: “What do you mean? What kind of (bleep) is that? You kiddin?’ What a bunch of rummies. They’re doing that? Who would think of something like that? That’s below the belt. There’s no place for that kind of stuff. It is what it is. The motivation for it, you guys figure it out. It would be a great article.”
    How can you not love Gregg Popovich?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    No fine according to Windhorst. LeBron's out with a hamstring strain, Wade and Chalmers are out with ankle injuries. All the players are in San Antonio. And, oh yeah, the game's on NBATV, not TNT.

That was the Spurs' mistake. They should have just made up injuries to Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, and kept them in Miami. And they should have played Green.
    That would have defeated the point Pop was making.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post

Not to forget the Heat have played 2 games in 5 days coming in. they have had it SOOOO rough compared to the Spurs having 4 in 5 coming into the first game. Actually the Spurs have a game in Memphis tomorrow and in OKC Wednesday, so i don;t think they are complaining. I also bet there are a lot more LBJ and Wade fans mad they paid big bucks for this game, but in he NBA fans are what they are.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Wow sounds like a home game for the Heat in San Antonio crazy

On a side note, how good has Tim Duncan been lately? Being in SoCal I'm surrounded by people who think Blake Griffin (or, worse, Kevin Love) is the best PF in the NBA. I like to laugh at them.

And what about Splitter? He's become a very good NBA center.
    Last edited by Pingu; 03-31-2013 at 07:47 PM.