Page 146 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Who was Avery Bradley guarding? Can't win if the Heat role players also score, like Chalmers did.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Boy, I'd say a Pacers/Bulls first round matchup is absolutely in range.

Bulls are currently tied with Boston for 6th seed, with Boston falling to 7. However, I'd put my money on Boston moving up to at least the 6, potentially the 5th.

The way Thibs is destroying Deng/Noah and co, I see them fading hard down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boy, I'd say a Pacers/Bulls first round matchup is absolutely in range.

Bulls are currently tied with Boston for 6th seed, with Boston falling to 7. However, I'd put my money on Boston moving up to at least the 6, potentially the 5th.

The way Thibs is destroying Deng/Noah and co, I see them fading hard down the stretch.

Scary matchup. I really hope our fans would come out and show a lot of support.
    @qandrews9428

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I guess the Andrew Bynum experiment was a complete bust. I'm curious as to what the market will be, I fear some team like Houston or Portland is going to way overpay.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/90...ending-surgery
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Well I guess the Andrew Bynum experiment was a complete bust. I'm curious as to what the market will be, I fear some team like Houston or Portland is going to way overpay.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/90...ending-surgery
    I think Portland and Houston are both smart enough to stay. Especially with Blazers with its history of problems with injured players, and Rockets seem like too statistical to fall for the bait. Even during the final years Bynum only averaged~ 25 minutes a game during their playoff runs for the Lakers.

I heard someone say Atlanta, and I think that makes sense. They'll have the money IIRC, and putting Horford back at the 4 is a good thing in general; pairing him with Bynum gives them a beastly front court duo.

Our easiest opponent in the 1st round would definitely be Atlanta followed by Chicago. I would hate to face Boston in the first round but it would BE GREAT if we won that series vs Boston. It would prepare us well for the Heat (if we even get that far).

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This Knicks/Jazz game is awful...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    I heard someone say Atlanta, and I think that makes sense. They'll have the money IIRC, and putting Horford back at the 4 is a good thing in general; pairing him with Bynum gives them a beastly front court duo.
    On paper yes, but I don't think Bynum will ever play a valuable role again (actually I'm not sure if he'll play again).

I love Thibs as a coach but I am beginning to wonder if his "no nonsense" approach isn't eventually going to grow old and grate on the players?

I mean it's all well and good to say "we have enough talent to win" a lot of the times but when you are decimated by injuries the way they have been I think it would not offend anyone and even take some of the pressure off of the team to just say that they are doing the best they can with what they have.

I do think he is a fantastic coach though & I could just be barking up the wrong tree because maybe the players feel like he has their backs as well. Don't know.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I love Thibs as a coach but I am beginning to wonder if his "no nonsense" approach isn't eventually going to grow old and grate on the players?

I mean it's all well and good to say "we have enough talent to win" a lot of the times but when you are decimated by injuries the way they have been I think it would not offend anyone and even take some of the pressure off of the team to just say that they are doing the best they can with what they have.

I do think he is a fantastic coach though & I could just be barking up the wrong tree because maybe the players feel like he has their backs as well. Don't know.
    I have no idea about his rapport with players, never heard anything bad, but nothing good either. Which is true of most coaches I guess. But either way, the way he just flat out runs his guys into the ground is a big negative for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Our easiest opponent in the 1st round would definitely be Atlanta followed by Chicago. I would hate to face Boston in the first round but it would BE GREAT if we won that series vs Boston. It would prepare us well for the Heat (if we even get that far).
    i'd hate the Bulls frankly. who knows how good they'll be by the playoffs with Rose. They are a very good team even without Rose, just exhausted right now because of the grind.
    I'll take the Hawks and Brooklyn, i think we match up very well with Brooklyn.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At Cleveland, home against Detroit and Charlotte, and At Orlando. The streak's reaching 27 everyone. They could very well be going for 30 when they play the Spurs in San Antonio at the end of the month.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Lebron got a traveling call, an offensive foul called and a technical all in one game, amazing.
    Should he have really gotten that tech though? I think he was just going to make sure Terry was still breathing.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd be pretty surprised if Bynum didn't get at least one max contract offer this summer. I'd also be surprised if he played over 60% of the remaining games of his NBA career.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Bulls got screwed. The way I interpret it is that is has to be on the rim to make it offensive goaltending.
    That ball would have went in IMHO. Noah touched it when the ball had already broken the cylinder. The cylinder goes from the rim straight to the roof. It was a blantant goaltend, and I would call Stacey King blind but that's being too nice.
    Last edited by Since86; 03-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Should he have really gotten that tech though? I think he was just going to make sure Terry was still breathing.

I don't think it was right for him to get that tech but if there is somebody that deserves one is Lebron, he gets away with a lot of s***, I was surprised he got a tech there.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I don't think it was right for him to get that tech but if there is somebody that deserves one is Lebron, he gets away with a lot of s***, I was surprised he got a tech there.
    I was joking. It was clearly taunting and a tech was deserved by the letter of the law. Of course, if you murder someone with a dunk like that a little taunting should be allowed if you ask me.

-Lance Stephenson

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Uh, yeah....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Is there video of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Uh, yeah....

I didn't think the ball was going in but there can't be many more clear cut offensive interefence plays than that. At least without Javale involved.

But if they didn't call a goaltend on the floor, it shouldn't have been reviewed by rule.

Still, I'm glad they got it right.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Is there video of that?

-Lance Stephenson

They did call goaltending on the floor, IIRC. I know that the PA said the ruling on the floor was a goaltend, and that the call was confirmed. I think Joakim jumping up and down like a baffoon probably got people all confused as to what was going on.

I called the goaltend live. Stacey King said it correct the first time, in that Noah "guided" the ball in, and then somehow couldn't understand how it's goaltending. The ball barely changes direction at all, it looks like it pretty much slides down his hand into the basket.

The discussion between the officials lasted all of 3secs. Maher looked at the first official, he said it was a goaltend, the second one nodded his head and said goaltend, each walked over to the coaches, while Maher told the scorers table.

Koufus' was also a goaltend, but they didn't check it.
    Last edited by Since86; 03-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    They did call goaltending on the floor, IIRC. I know that the PA said the ruling on the floor was a goaltend, and that the call was confirmed. I think Joakim jumping up and down like a baffoon probably got people all confused as to what was going on.

I called the goaltend live. Stacey King said it correct the first time, in that Noah "guided" the ball in, and then somehow couldn't understand how it's goaltending. The ball barely changes direction at all, it looks like it pretty much slides down his hand into the basket.

The discussion between the officials lasted all of 3secs. Maher looked at the first official, he said it was a goaltend, the second one nodded his head and said goaltend, each walked over to the coaches, while Maher told the scorers table.

Koufus' was also a goaltend, but they didn't check it.
    The refs said they didn't make a call on the floor. That's why they reviewed it. If they had called Koufos' shot a goaltend then they would have had to call the Noah tip the exact same way.(the one before the last play)
    @qandrews9428

Banned

@JDavz: @Meer2Fly16 @PeterVecsey1 Kobe baptizing Duh-Wight is also filthy http://t.co/AbezFZpSYT

Underrated dunk.