Page 140 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #3476
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if I'd consider him untalented--he's still effective considering he's basically playing off-the-ball at this point. To be averaging 50-40-90 shooting percentages and almost 7 assists (playing next to Kobe) at 39 years old is an impressive feat.
    He is a good shooter still and playing with Kobe helps get open looks. The fact of the matter is the past two years he hasn't been the Steve Nash that he was in his prime. Last season with the Suns they limited his minutes and he still looked old. He is an average pg at this state in his career IMO.


    I know I will take George Hill over him all day.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  3. #3477

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Jazz give Lakers 8th seed, with Knicks not having Stoudamire and Carmelo.

  4. #3478
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who said that I'm surprised? don't put words in my mouth, I like Amare so I feel bad for the guy that's it.
    Saying he was starting to look like the old Amare (first of all how can you even say that with a straight face? Do you remember the old Amare?) suggests some level surprise that he is having another knee issue.


    He certainly was having a positive impact on their bench and his scoring was much more efficient than Melo or JR so the Knicks will miss that which helps us.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #3479
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,558

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Man I felt kind of old for the first time yesterday. I put in some time at the office, I work right next to the Verizon Center. When I was walking on my way to the office past the side entrance of the building, Alonzo Mourning walked out right in front of me, he was there for the Georgetown-Syracuse game I imagine. There were some people following him trying to get autographs, including a probably 14 year old kid with a Lakers hat on and his Dad. He kid asked his dad, "can you tell me who Alonzo Mourning is again?" REALLY?

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  7. #3480
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Boston vs. OKC on ABC. I have hated Boston for a long time, but after last week, go OKC crush the Celtics!:-)
    Last edited by pacers74; 03-10-2013 at 12:10 PM.

  8. #3481

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Jeff Van Gundy has no idea what he is talking about. I am actually embarrassed for him making such an *** of himself in front of millions of people.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  10. #3482

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Brandon Knight's not challenging any lobs for a good while


  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #3483
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I kind of like Brandon Knight more after that.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  14. #3484
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I kind of like Brandon Knight more after that.
    Yeah, good for him. It's the right play.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  16. #3485
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    God love knight, the guy is as hard a worker as there is in the nba. You never see a 21 year old kid chewing guys out for not playing harder.

    He could have stayed out of that poster, but he stepped in front of the train instead...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. #3486
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    ...because we have a good sense of humor...


    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  19. #3487

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I kind of like Brandon Knight more after that.
    For sure. I mean Jordan's got what, like 8 inches and a good 50 pounds on the kid? Yeah he got hammered on, but good on him for the challenge.

    Also, I know it was a blowout and an insane play and all, but the Clippers just annoy the **** out of me with their sideline antics stuff. They're the ESPN generation in real life.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  21. #3488

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy


    Ha, good on Knight. I'm sorta mixed on if he's an actual starter on a good team or a super-sub type, but either way, kid has the right attitude.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  23. #3489

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Cousins - Mike Dunleavy Jr., starts at 32 sec


  24. #3490
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Cousins obviously needs to be more careful, but I think that altercation is on MDJ. He threw a pretty huge hip check into Cousins on the previous play and was grabbing DMC on his way around the screen. It's not like he gave Dun a huge backhand or anything... he was just sweeping him out of the way.

    That said, anything borderline goes against DMC for reasons that are his own fault, so I don't think he has a ton to be unhappy about here. He's made his own bed.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  26. #3491
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a good shooter still and playing with Kobe helps get open looks. The fact of the matter is the past two years he hasn't been the Steve Nash that he was in his prime. Last season with the Suns they limited his minutes and he still looked old. He is an average pg at this state in his career IMO.


    I know I will take George Hill over him all day.

    I don't know what to say except that I disagree with every word of this post. The only part you were close on is that he isn't a "good" shooter... he's still a great one.
    Last edited by spreedom; 03-11-2013 at 10:12 AM.

  27. #3492

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cousins obviously needs to be more careful, but I think that altercation is on MDJ. He threw a pretty huge hip check into Cousins on the previous play and was grabbing DMC on his way around the screen. It's not like he gave Dun a huge backhand or anything... he was just sweeping him out of the way.

    That said, anything borderline goes against DMC for reasons that are his own fault, so I don't think he has a ton to be unhappy about here. He's made his own bed.
    That angle didn't show it, but Dunleavy elbowed him hard...really hard. He hit him below the belt..you can see where Cousins grabs as he gets up. I hate Cousins but I can see why he was angry. I hope MDJr gets suspended.
    Last edited by imawhat; 03-11-2013 at 10:27 AM.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  29. #3493
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Wonder what Cousins did for Punkleavy to treat him like Tyler....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  31. #3494

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/3/1...kdown-nba-2013

    Fun read, on how well the Heat prepared for the Pacers, and the strategies they used.

    A tid-bit from the article:

    Why is this brilliant? The Heat know that the Pacers sometimes struggle to communicate on backscreens (Exhibits A, B and C here), so they know that if they can distract the help defender (Paul George), they can get a layup. Therefore, they use LeBron, the very best threat in basketball, to do exactly that.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  33. #3495
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,444

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/3/1...kdown-nba-2013

    Fun read, on how well the Heat prepared for the Pacers, and the strategies they used.

    A tid-bit from the article:
    Doesn't this theory go against what Indiana did the first 2 games to get the victories? In the first 2 games they basically let Lebron do whatever he wanted to do while making sure he didnt' get others involved so easily. I find it hard to believe Vogel would switch up that strategy in order to contain Lebron.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  34. #3496

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't this theory go against what Indiana did the first 2 games to get the victories? In the first 2 games they basically let Lebron do whatever he wanted to do while making sure he didnt' get others involved so easily. I find it hard to believe Vogel would switch up that strategy in order to contain Lebron.
    I don't think it's that shocking. Better to see how that strategy works now than in the playoffs.

  35. #3497

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    While I can't stand Dwight or the Lakers, I like to see the hack-a-Dwight (or hack ANYBODY) strategy fail. He made 16-20 2nd half FTs, many intentional.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  36. #3498
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cousins obviously needs to be more careful, but I think that altercation is on MDJ. He threw a pretty huge hip check into Cousins on the previous play and was grabbing DMC on his way around the screen. It's not like he gave Dun a huge backhand or anything... he was just sweeping him out of the way.

    That said, anything borderline goes against DMC for reasons that are his own fault, so I don't think he has a ton to be unhappy about here. He's made his own bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That angle didn't show it, but Dunleavy elbowed him hard...really hard. He hit him below the belt..you can see where Cousins grabs as he gets up. I hate Cousins but I can see why he was angry. I hope MDJr gets suspended.
    Bingo.

    Dunleavy was in the wrong here.

    1. He hip-checked DMC, followed by an elbow to the nuts.
    2. DMC was sweeping through him, albeit with bad intentions, but never "threw" an elbow. Hibbert has been called for this so many times, due to being bigger than the other guy, turning through them results in a foul.

    I hate Dunleavy so much. Such a sack of crap.

  37. #3499
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,444

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think it's that shocking. Better to see how that strategy works now than in the playoffs.
    That infers Vogel was perfectly fine with losing this game. I don't believe that is the case being the 2nd seed is on the line right now.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  38. #3500

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •