Page 131 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's always fun to watch Dirk and Kobe battle it out. What a great game.
    Its nice that they're still with the same teams after all these years makes the last few matchups they'll have all the more meaningful.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eric Maynor is still awful. I still dont understand why the media hyped him so much dude has been awful his whole career. He had one solid playoff series and then everyone made him out to be a great backup. Really bad defender and not that good of pg on offense.

With that said he is still an upgrade from what Portland had at back-up which is sad. Worst bench in basketball by far.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Bulls are going to lose to OKC. Nets and Bulls helping to give us some separation for the time being.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank you to Memphis and OKC!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Fun read on how Pacers defense makes teams stagnate on offense:

There will sometimes come a point when a frustrated offense will all but abandon a pick-and-roll attack against the Pacers, which is why you see teams stagnate against the Pacers. If you can’t get anything against the pick-and-roll, can’t capably penetrate by isolating your perimeter guys, and if Hibbert is going to confront anyone who gets within eight feet of the bucket, then what do you have?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...tingy-starters

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I bet TNT wishes they had a redo of their game selection for this up coming Thursday.

Bulls Sixers over Pacer Clippers? Come on...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Nothing like listening to League Pass to appreciate the Pacer's broadcast crews. Listening to the LAL/DEN game on the Denver broadcast. Moan and groan about a call, get to the replay and basically go 'nevermind'. I don't mind a guy being a homer, but have a clue about what the rules are at least.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Nothing like listening to League Pass to appreciate the Pacer's broadcast crews. Listening to the LAL/DEN game on the Denver broadcast. Moan and groan about a call, get to the replay and basically go 'nevermind'. I don't mind a guy being a homer, but have a clue about what the rules are at least.
    Denver's color guy has always been a guy I can't stand for some reason. Game goes to mute if he is on. Way to cocky and thinks he is funny and serious at the same time I just dont like his style.

I love Austin Carr who is similar in some ways but they are very different in critical areas.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Denver's color guy has always been a guy I can't stand for some reason.
    That's Scott Hastings. I lived in Denver for a few years and got to the point where I watched Nuggets games on mute. He is, without question, the worst announcer I've seen involved in a professional sport.

Denver is getting lucky. Taking and making lots of long jump shots instead of taking good shots. Lots of standing around. Making shots is good, but it is not a long term success strategy.

Gordon Hayward is imposing his will on Boston's D. I want Boston in the playoffs. They can't defend Paul George, Lance Stephenson, and Danny Granger.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Boy, they are really hating on David Guthrie. Would not be surprised if they get a call from the league office about calling an official a cheater.

BTW, Guthrie is not a cheater, he just officiates with a quarter.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Gordon Hayward is imposing his will on Boston's D. I want Boston in the playoffs. They can't defend Paul George, Lance Stephenson, and Danny Granger.
    And yet with the game on the line, Pierce and KG went into kill mode and knocked down every mid ranger jumper they took.

Boston is a mixed bag for me.

If we get them, we have to step on their heads early in every game. If we let them hang in close games, it's not that I don't trust us to produce in the clutch (Hill and West clearly can), it's that I trust Pierce and KG to produce as well. But if you put them in a hole early, much harder for their old legs to dig out of.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

And they don't have Rondo.
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    And yet with the game on the line, Pierce and KG went into kill mode and knocked down every mid ranger jumper they took.

Boston is a mixed bag for me.

If we get them, we have to step on their heads early in every game. If we let them hang in close games, it's not that I don't trust us to produce in the clutch (Hill and West clearly can), it's that I trust Pierce and KG to produce as well. But if you put them in a hole early, much harder for their old legs to dig out of.

If we played them, then going up 2-0 in Indy would be a MUST. I would be extremely worried if we were heading back to rowdy Boston tied 1-1. If Pierce and KG got hot with that crowd behind them then it could be bad news.

I always thought Boston as a playoff threat ever since they won their championship with their big 3. So with their backs against the wall this season, they'll be as pushy as ever to get another ring before the end of their Big 3 era.

This Pacers team reminds me of that Celtics team in terms of their cohesiveness, style of play, and the way they are coached. In a way, a Celtics-Pacers match-up will be interesting in the playoffs. Old engine vs new engine. Either the Pacers will put the end to the old and have them retire, or will the old prove that the new is still not yet ready to overtake them.

Pierce and/or Garnett will be dead of old age by the playoffs.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    I always thought Boston as a playoff threat ever since they won their championship with their big 3. So with their backs against the wall this season, they'll be as pushy as ever to get another ring before the end of their Big 3 era.

This Pacers team reminds me of that Celtics team in terms of their cohesiveness, style of play, and the way they are coached. In a way, a Celtics-Pacers match-up will be interesting in the playoffs. Old engine vs new engine. Either the Pacers will put the end to the old and have them retire, or will the old prove that the new is still not yet ready to overtake them.
    A lot of the older fans/posters would be reminded of bad memories the last time Old Celtics met New Pacers in playoffs.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Pierce and/or Garnett will be dead of old age by the playoffs.
    This is what is said every single year, yet Boston is always a very tough out in the playoffs. I want no part of these guys even without Rondo
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    A lot of the older fans/posters would be reminded of bad memories the last time Old Celtics met New Pacers in playoffs.
    I remember the last 2 times we played them in a playoff series.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

cgg

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This is what is said every single year, yet Boston is always a very tough out in the playoffs. I want no part of these guys even without Rondo
    And we saw Garnett miss the playoffs because of injuries a couple years ago. They can't guard George, Stephenson, and Granger. Past events don't matter, especially when the star player of those past playoff series won't be playing. The Celtics are being overrated because they were great a couple years ago.

They are as dangerous as any team in the NBA in the last 5 minutes of a close game. I agree, I don't see them mounting any large comebacks or scoring quickly if they are down 10, but if the game is tied with 5 to go. Pierce and KG know their sets maybe better than any pair of players this side of Parker and Duncan.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

And we saw Garnett miss the playoffs because of injuries a couple years ago. They can't guard George, Stephenson, and Granger. Past events don't matter, especially when the star player of those past playoff series won't be playing. The Celtics are being overrated because they were great a couple years ago.
    A couple of years ago? They were one game away from going to the finals last year. That's pretty great to me.

Like most have said, aside from the Heat, I think BOS would give us the most trouble in the playoffs. They whipped our butts pretty handily in Boston earlier in the year. No they're not as healthy, but they're still tough and battle tested. The fact that their bigs can hit perimeter J's, and they're not an isolation based offense (excluding Pierce) they could give the Pacers fits

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    They are as dangerous as any team in the NBA in the last 5 minutes of a close game. I agree, I don't see them mounting any large comebacks or scoring quickly if they are down 10, but if the game is tied with 5 to go. Pierce and KG know their sets maybe better than any pair of players this side of Parker and Duncan.
    Chris Paul and Blake Griffin?
    Smothered Chicken!

And we saw Garnett miss the playoffs because of injuries a couple years ago.
    Garnett missed the 2009 playoffs, but he's been healthy the last three years. In 20 playoff games last year, he averaged an impressive 19.2 PPG/10.3 RPG/.497 FG%. That's pretty damn good.

We are definitely a better overall team right now, no doubt about that. But experience matters in the playoffs, and Pierce and KG will without question elevate their games come playoff time. Their saving their best for last, like they do every year. Jason Terry could also be extremely valuable in the playoffs. He's old too, but he was an extremely valuable member of that Dallas team just two years ago.

I'd be nervous if we were tied with them with five minutes left in a playoff game, that's for sure.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: