Page 116 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #2876
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,508

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Dwight Howard is like basketball AIDS at this point.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #2877

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Well see what happens when they have to face good defenses like Miami and Chicago"-Steve Kerr.

    You forgot the best defensive team in the conference you dumb ****.

    He's an idiot

  3. #2878
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @KareemRush: Someone call Mitch and tell him I still got it!#lakersneedofhelp
    @Indyvnzla81: @KareemRush the singing or the shooting?

    @KareemRush: @Indyvnzla81 both



  4. #2879

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Kenny smith is such a tool chuck gives pacers and bulls props and says those two could be a threat to the heat and what does he say 2-8 seed are are all the same and that Miami is pretty much gonna run through them

  5. #2880

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Come on Denver, you guys owe us one.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

    cgg

  7. #2881

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Anybody else watch the games on League Pass international? During the TNT games they don't go to commercials and sometimes you get the audio feed of the announcers talking.

    During this Nuggets game I just heard Reggie and Kevin Harlan arguing about the Super Bowl, then Harlan got a note from TNT and said "So here's a note for Atlanta...I'm done reading these cards, I got better stuff to talk about! ***** Christ..."
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 02-08-2013 at 12:51 AM.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  9. #2882
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    21 pt lead by the Nuggets with 3 minutes left in the 3rd QTR.

    Go Nuggets!
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #2883
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,055

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Wow the Nuggets are pounding the Bulls by 30 right now.

    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin


  11. #2884
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And once again I'm going to say that I don't want the Pacers to face them.
    I understand what you are saying, but this year I want to face the best, even if they end up eliminating us.

    I don't think I can stand another year of something like "well, getting to the ECF would have been an accomplishment but the Pacers were just lucky to face *insert hobbled team* and *insert team on downward slide* so they really are only about an 8th seed or not even a playoff team".
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  13. #2885
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,711

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And once again I'm going to say that I don't want the Pacers to face them.
    You say that a lot. Do you really believe in star power that much?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  14. #2886

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Brandon Jennings feels "snubbed" from the all-star game,
    blames it on small market (not on shooting under 40%)!
    wants a MAX DEAL

    fires agent in effort to get a max deal in a big market

    so much crazyness in one article

    http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/2/7/396...eking-max-deal
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 02-08-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  16. #2887
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,744

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    I would also like a max contract

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  18. #2888

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would also like a max contract
    You got snubbed from the all-star game too. It's time to fire your agent!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  19. #2889
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,554

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon Jennings feels "snubbed" from the all-star game,
    blames it on small market (not on shooting under 40%)!
    wants a MAX DEAL

    fires agent in effort to get a max deal in a big market

    so much crazyness in one article

    http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/2/7/396...eking-max-deal
    Wow.

    Anybody else want to complain about George Hill's contract?

    I'm so happy not to have a player like Brandon Jennings anywhere around the Pacers.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  20. #2890
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,554

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    How in the hell can Jennings think he's worth a max contract. That blows my mind.

    He would REGRET a big market. the small market is the best thing happening for Jennings. If he was in a big market, he'd be exposed, in the limelight for everyone to see how limited his game is.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  22. #2891

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Unless Milwaukee gives Jennings a Max, I don't see anyone giving him one. Maybe it's just me, but I have never been impressed by Jennings. That's not saying he's not a nice player, he just doesn't impress me.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  24. #2892
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly

  25. #2893
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly
    Anybody else notice that the Nets don't seem too enamored with Marshon Brooks? I mean he's hardly played this year, and though he's getting more minutes with PJ than he was with Avery Johnson, he's still stuck behind Keith Bogans on the depth chart.

  26. #2894
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon Jennings feels "snubbed" from the all-star game,
    blames it on small market (not on shooting under 40%)!
    wants a MAX DEAL

    fires agent in effort to get a max deal in a big market

    so much crazyness in one article

    http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/2/7/396...eking-max-deal
    Who knew that an undersized PG that shoots under 40%, averages 3 TO per game, and is a defensive liability on a team that is 2 games over .500 is an All Star?

    Someone needs to sit that kid down and talk some reality into him before he f's up his career. He's got talent for sure, but he's lucky to be starting in this league with how inefficient his game is.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  28. #2895
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Hawks taking trade offers for forward Smith

    The Hawks met with Smith's representatives this week, at which point the team indicated it was not willing to give Smith a max contract after this season, according to a source.
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/02/08/j...s=iref:nbahpts

  29. #2896
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody else notice that the Nets don't seem too enamored with Marshon Brooks? I mean he's hardly played this year, and though he's getting more minutes with PJ than he was with Avery Johnson, he's still stuck behind Keith Bogans on the depth chart.
    He is getting the Lance treatment I think.

  30. #2897
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wonder if toronto makes a play for him

  31. #2898
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly
    i'd give them tyler, dj and gerald for gordon...

  32. #2899
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'd give them tyler, dj and gerald for gordon...
    We'd have no backup pf or pg?

  33. #2900
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'd have no backup pf or pg?
    At pf/c you play a primary 3 man rotation of HIbbert, West and Mahinmi, with other minutes going to Granger and then you still have Pendy and Miles sitting there...i think i would miss Tyler when we play miami which isnt insignificant...as for pg...theres obviously a clamoring for Lance to get some minutes so this trade would facilitate that...you basically have hill, lance, gordon and miniHans to cover pg....though admittedly gordon is pretty much a two...running lance and gordon together in the backcourt could be very interesting...this would address the logjam of sorts thats gonna take place when danny returns...not saying its perfect...but...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •