Page 115 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Without trading their biggest pieces sooner rather than later, I don't see how LAL bounces back from this in the next few years at least. They're in the LT, so no major FA signings. They're not so terrible as to have a high pick, though maybe they can make a smart and/or lucky pick, and those remaining guys are old and aging.

I suppose their best bet is if they re-sign Dwight he regains his health and starts playing like he did a couple years ago.

Though, funny enough, eventually with Dwight as the center piece and D'Antoni coaching, that's probably going to at best result in the Orlando Magic (from a couple years ago) with worse defense.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Dwight's value around the NBA right now? Does someone definitely fork over the max to him? Or would he maybe have to come down? It's bizarre. I mean clearly I think if Roy is a max guy Dwight is a max guy, but when you compare Dwight's talent to Roy's talent it's stupid that Dwight is not more dominant than he is. If he had half of Roy's work ethic he could be one of the greatest big men ever, but he just doesn't seem to get it. He's happy just collecting a check and being a doofus who wears hipster glasses.
    I'd be willing to beat if all 30 teams had the cap space, he'd get 30 max offers. Because of all the drama/injuries in the past 12 months, people forget that he is the only truly dominant 5 in the league. It's Dwight and everyone else. The guy is capable of 20/15, as well as being a premier defensive stopper (Something Pacers fans should appreciate given Roy).

I can't stand him, but if people think he isn't getting a max because of his flaky attitude the past year, you'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    QUICK before they lose him for nothing. He probably has the worst personality to pair with a fiery, play through anything, type of guy in Kobe. But I agree, ship his whiny a$$ out of town to anyone that's willing to take him.
    I'd be stunned if Dwight was traded, although it's a bit more plausible now that Pau won't be getting traded. But, they likely aren't risking losing Dwight, given the fact that they can give him roughly $20M more than any other team.

EDIT:

two things:
    1. Howard is actually injured, not JUST being a whiny b****. The latest report is his legs get numb when he sits down.

2. His struggles are overblown. 16/12 on 57% shooting. 2.4 blocks per game. 1 steal per game. In fact, he's barely performing worse than he has his entire career. He's scoring 1.5 points per game less, shooting slightly worse on FT's, rebounding about .5 worse per game...
    Last edited by Derek2k3; 02-07-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    two things:
    1. Howard is actually injured, not JUST being a whiny b****. The latest report is his legs get numb when he sits down.
    Which is why 30 teams with max cap room wouldn't offer him their max cap room.

Back injuries are on just an entire different level. RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) is a good treatment for your body. Even after ACL surgeries and such, that's the treatment. Backs don't respond like that.

When players start down the back injury path, you've really got to do your homework on how serious it is and whether or not it's worth the risk.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Which is why 30 teams with max cap room wouldn't offer him their max cap room.

Back injuries are on just an entire different level. RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) is a good treatment for your body. Even after ACL surgeries and such, that's the treatment. Backs don't respond like that.

When players start down the back injury path, you've really got to do your homework on how serious it is and whether or not it's worth the risk.
    Good point. However, all I was addressing was Joe's question regarding Dwights value as it relates to his production/attitude. Obviously his back injury could screw up his marketability.

About the only way I could see him getting traded would be to Brooklyn. Don't even know how that would work, but maybe:

Howard + Nash for D-Will + Hump + Brooks + pick (s)? Thing is, the Lakers will be looking for something significant in return.

A lineup featuring D-Will/Kobe/Metta/Hump/Pau is pretty good going forward.

No idea though, obviously I'm just throwing crap on the wall...interesting to think about though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Good point. However, all I was addressing was Joe's question regarding Dwights value as it relates to his production/attitude. Obviously his back injury could screw up his marketability.

About the only way I could see him getting traded would be to Brooklyn. Don't even know how that would work, but maybe:

Howard + Nash for D-Will + Hump + Brooks + pick (s)? Thing is, the Lakers will be looking for something significant in return.

A lineup featuring D-Will/Kobe/Metta/Hump/Pau is pretty good going forward.

No idea though, obviously I'm just throwing crap on the wall...interesting to think about though.
    I'm sure DWill would nix that. I think he really wants to be a Nyet.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...ap-sources-say

The Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors have engaged in exploratory trade discussions on a deal that would swap the Bulls' Carlos Boozer for the Raptors' Andrea Bargnani, according to sources familiar with the discussions.
    So that's a thing. A hilarious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I'm sure DWill would nix that. I think he really wants to be a Nyet.
    It is my understanding that what DWill really wanted was to get paid. get paid as much as possible. That being done, as long as the checks clear, he will have less problems with being in LA than you think.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...ap-sources-say

So that's a thing. A hilarious thing.
    im far from a Boozer fan, but why would Chicago make this trade? I really hope they do, they'd be worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    im far from a Boozer fan, but why would Chicago make this trade? I really hope they do, they'd be worse off.
    Luxury tax. Same as everyone else.

They have to chose between Taj Gibson and Carlos Boozer by summertime. Not much of a choice.

Banned

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
    Told Bulls initiated. And unlikely. RT @ESPNSteinLine: Sources say Bulls, Raptors have had talks on trade featuring Boozer, Bargnani.

Not a bad deal for Chicago, they get to move Gibson to the starting unit and who is better at protecting bad defenders than Tom T? I bet he finds a way.

Banned

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
    Lakers confirm that Pau Gasol is expected to be out a minimum of 6-8 weels.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
    Told Bulls initiated. And unlikely. RT @ESPNSteinLine: Sources say Bulls, Raptors have had talks on trade featuring Boozer, Bargnani.

Not a bad deal for Chicago, they get to move Gibson to the starting unit and who is better at protecting bad defenders than Tom T? I bet he finds a way.
    Bargnani is garbage, such a sheet stuffer that doesn't really impact games. I suppose he's basically Boozer 2.0

Here's what's so great: Chicago has $70M next season in:
    Rose
    Gibson
    Boozer
    Noah
    Hinrich
    Deng

That's right. $70M.

That doesn't include Rip ($4M player option), Bellinelli, Cook (Not that he plays).

They'd have Jimmy Butler on his rookie deal, as well as Teague. Talk about limiting your options.

By moving Boozer for Andrea, they'd save about $3M per. This is why they had to let Asik go...a guy that is producing at a high rate in Houston. Ideally they would have moved Boozer and kept Asik/Noah/Gibson. That's a solid 3 man rotation...although Noah's deal makes me feel so much better about Roy's (They owe him $50M over the next 4. For a guy that has a litany of injury/production problems.)

Boozer's going to get amnestied this summer, bet on it

Boozer's going to get amnestied this summer, bet on it
    Not if he gets traded first.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Anyone else think it's pretty far over the line for Kobe to call Dwight out like that, acting like he knows anything at all about medical issues? Imagine if the roles were reversed, Dwight sure as hell wouldn't be getting the pass Kobe is.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Anyone else think it's pretty far over the line for Kobe to call Dwight out like that, acting like he knows anything at all about medical issues? Imagine if the roles were reversed, Dwight sure as hell wouldn't be getting the pass Kobe is.
    Howard seems like he is hurt but he is not hurt that bad not to play, the guy is a baby, I agree with Kobe calling him out and as Shaq said "if you are hurt you shouldn't be laughing".

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody would question Kobe's injuries bc he's going to play unless it's physically impossible.

And Dwight doesn't have the balls anyway

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Banned

@KCJHoop: Bulls-Raptors Boozer/Bargnani talks not currently active but could be revived with Nate Robinson/John Lucas III. http://t.co/YJtjy8FL

So.....the Celtics are better without Rondo?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    So.....the Celtics are better without Rondo?
    Jeff Green and Terry are better without Rondo, Green looks like the player everybody thought he was going to be, he is looking great.

And once again I'm going to say that I don't want the Pacers to face them.

Dutch Pacers Fan

Man, the Lakers suck big time. They are getting destroyed and even though I don't like the C's, it sure does feel good. I don't see them turning this around anyway soon either, last year they had our former scrubs as their bench players, but now it's even worse. They should just blow it up and let Kobe go for his scoring record the next couple of years, because they're not going anywhere.
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

"Well see what happens when they have to face good defenses like Miami and Chicago"-Steve Kerr.

You forgot the best defensive team in the conference you dumb ****.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

TNT just called out that clear bandwagon fan lol.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacersgroningen View Post
    Man, the Lakers suck big time. They are getting destroyed and even though I don't like the C's, it sure does feel good. I don't see them turning this around anyway soon either, last year they had our former scrubs as their bench players, but now it's even worse. They should just blow it up and let Kobe go for his scoring record the next couple of years, because they're not going anywhere.
    yeah, noticed the Kobe as facilitator lasted about a week. Or however long it took Kobe to notice he wasn't gonna score 25 ppg without shooting it 25 times.....

@KareemRush: Someone call Mitch and tell him I still got it!#lakersneedofhelp