Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178
Results 4,426 to 4,441 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tried that next, but with little success. I could have sworn we did one, if not last year, definitely in 2010 or 2011. To make a long story short (too late!), I was hoping whoever usually does that to do it again. Didn't want to step on any toes. Is anyone interested in doing that for this year's draft?
    i don't remember seeing one here but i did see / take part in one of those on another forum.

i guess i can start one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I tried that next, but with little success. I could have sworn we did one, if not last year, definitely in 2010 or 2011. To make a long story short (too late!), I was hoping whoever usually does that to do it again. Didn't want to step on any toes. Is anyone interested in doing that for this year's draft?
    Here's the 2010 draft.

If Minnesota could have been so lucky...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...t=mock%20draft

**Edit**
    I found 2009 too.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...k-Draft-Thread

Sam Presti was better than me but at least I chose Harden and not Thabeet also.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 06-11-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

LoneGranger, if you want to sign up -- http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ock-draft-2013

Cool Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Here's the 2010 draft.

If Minnesota could have been so lucky...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...t=mock%20draft

**Edit**
    I found 2009 too.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...k-Draft-Thread

Sam Presti was better than me but at least I chose Harden and not Thabeet also.
    Thanks! How did you find this? Am I that bad at internet?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Thanks! How did you find this? Am I that bad at internet?
    Googled "brushwithdeath demarcus cousins mock draft" because I remembered taking Cousins.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Fun and enlightening read on Gregg Popovich http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...72/1/index.htm

PICTURE A parking lot in a small Texas town in the early 1990s, heat curling up from the blacktop like incense from an altar, a few dozen fans watching a crew-cut assistant coach named Gregg Popovich patiently explain the rudiments of basketball. Accompanying Popovich on this annual San Antonio Spurs Caravan are a future star, Sean Elliott; a strangely coiffed center, Dwayne Schintzius; and the Spurs' mascot, called, for obvious reasons, the Coyote.

It is difficult to reconcile that man with the Popovich we know now: impatient, vibrating with energy, eager to get on with it, the Popovich whose Spurs began their 16th straight postseason appearance on Sunday with a 91--79 win over the Lakers. The late, great Schintzius's mullet alone might have prompted Popovich to start kicking cones and get in the faces of potential ticket buyers—to "go Serbian," as Popovich himself describes the cyclone of anger that sometimes engulfs him. Do you hear what I'm telling you about the rocker step? Do you really want to be a season-ticket holder?

But that was a different era, before the Spurs were four-time champions, before they put up 14 straight 50-win seasons (which would be 16 if not for the labor strife of 1998--99), before they routinely sold out the 18,581-seat AT&T Center, before Popovich was a two-time Coach of the Year, before he was elevated to team president as well as coach ("The buck stops with him," says general manager R.C. Buford) and before Pop joined Magic and Larry as one-named NBA entities.

Popovich is the sometimes snarling face of that rare Model Franchise, known for winning, consistency, brand loyalty and a penchant for keeping controversy (hell, keeping almost everything) in-house. Pop has sent forth many of his loyal flock to positions of prominence around the NBA—having been part of the Larry Brown coaching tree, Popovich now has a tree of his own—and most continue to abide at least partly by this code of omertà.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter:Why did you always want out towards the end of your Pacers run@jermaineoneal” I'm glad you ask that question! Clarity finally

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter it was mutually agreed that the run was over and they wanted to retool which they did a great Job at!

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter we wanted to use me to put them in the best position to get pieces back that they could build with granger.

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter which we though was ready to take over the reign. You respect a city and state enough to make sure they are going in the right

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter direction if a tough decision is going to be made. Not sure what was said once I left but nothing but respect for the Simon

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter family, the organization, and fan base! It was a emotional departure but you guys got pieces to build around.That's the story

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    @jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter:Why did you always want out towards the end of your Pacers run@jermaineoneal” I'm glad you ask that question! Clarity finally

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter it was mutually agreed that the run was over and they wanted to retool which they did a great Job at!

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter we wanted to use me to put them in the best position to get pieces back that they could build with granger.

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter which we though was ready to take over the reign. You respect a city and state enough to make sure they are going in the right

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter direction if a tough decision is going to be made. Not sure what was said once I left but nothing but respect for the Simon

@jermaineoneal: @PacersCenter family, the organization, and fan base! It was a emotional departure but you guys got pieces to build around.That's the story
    Ugh....let that man retire a Pacer already, he has always proven to be a class act for our organization. I can't believe we don't sign him to be our back up/3rd Center.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Ugh....let that man retire a Pacer already, he has always proven to be a class act for our organization. I can't believe we don't sign him to be our back up/3rd Center.

I can concur with your thinking. If JO can give what he gave the Suns last season, he'd be a valued addition. He's also a veteran who could help young players. Hopefully, he could help Miles with his game. If that could be, JO would be a good pick up for just that reason only. He would be cheap as he only made $854,000 last season. Plus he is an x-factor player in that he can both the 4 & 5. Sign him to a unguaranteed contract and give it a shot.

I've voiced this opinion before, but I don't ever expect to see it ever come to fruition, especially if Bird is anywhere possible in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post

That probably deserves its own thread, I think. ^

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

So Jermaine, why did you want to leave? Jermaine: I, along with the Pacers, agreed that I should leave. Glad I could clear that up.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Bring JO back.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

kind of a fun one...

which roy is more dominant in their prime-- brandon roy or roy hibbert?

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfPacer View Post
    kind of a fun one...

which roy is more dominant in their prime-- brandon roy or roy hibbert?
    Defensively, Hibbert. Offensively, Brandon.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Guess I can stick it here, Crawfordsville has a big new sporting goods store, Dunham Sports, that opens Friday. I'm curious to see how much Pacers gear they carry.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Listening to sports radio talk shows near Cleveland, and they refer to LeBron simply as the backstabbing weasel