Page 152 of 178 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Banned

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RICK REILLY

Beating The Heat

What the Lakers did in 1971-72 is far better than the Heat's roll

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9...k-better-heats

Good article, I'm not comparing this streak to the Lakers because I wasn't alive so I don't know, I'm just looking at the streak as a single record and how they got that record.

Here is a good point in the article:
    The Heat have needed luck that the Lakers never did. They beat Boston (barely) without Kevin Garnett, Chicago without Derrick Rose and Cleveland (barely) without Kyrie Irving. It has been a squeaky streak.
    The guy forgot to mention, Danny, Bynum, Varejao, Noah, Gasol and a bunch of good players Miami didn't play against on their streak.

I would like to compare this Miami streak to the San Antonio one, I bet that one was more impressive.

Banned

As I suspected the San Antonio Spurs 20 game winning streak is way better than the Miami streak, I don't think is even close.

San Antonio had to beat, Memphis, Phoenix(with Nash), Golden State(meh), Lakers, Kings(meh), Lakers, Cleveland(meh), Portland, Phoenix and Golden state in the regular season, then on the playoffs(much harder) they went to beat Utah 4 straight times, the Clippers 4 straight times and OKC twice.

Also remember that Pop doesn't care to sit his starters, a lot of this games were won by SA bench players making the streak even more impressive.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    SA bench players making the streak even more impressive.
    So the Heat streak impressed you then, SA was just more impressive?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

breaking news, pacers have won 28 straight games

notimpressed.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    As I suspected the San Antonio Spurs 20 game winning streak is way better than the Miami streak, I don't think is even close.

San Antonio had to beat, Memphis, Phoenix(with Nash), Golden State(meh), Lakers, Kings(meh), Lakers, Cleveland(meh), Portland, Phoenix and Golden state in the regular season, then on the playoffs(much harder) they went to beat Utah 4 straight times, the Clippers 4 straight times and OKC twice.

Also remember that Pop doesn't care to sit his starters, a lot of this games were won by SA bench players making the streak even more impressive.
    That Phoenix team with Nash was still pretty bad. Kings are worse than meh. Sweeping the clippers is impressive but Utah? No. Seven games shorter and less quality wins.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...lian-model-dj/

Rony Seikaly, the former Syracuse center who spent over a decade in the NBA, is dating a Brazilian model named Martha Graeff. In addition to being a retired NBA player dating a Brazilian model, Seikaly, who turns 48 in May, has a second career as a DJ. Is this news to anyone else? Rony Seikaly, who was on the Syracuse team that lost the title game to Indiana and Keith Smart in 1987, started playing music for friends at parties. Now he is an international DJ that makes his own music and tours the world from Miami to Ibiza playing for packed houses.

He is your typical jetsetting former professional basketball player – Heat, Warriors, Magic and Nets – turned house DJ. Graeff and Seikaly have been dating since at least 2012. Graeff, who lives in Miami, among other places, has a blog about fashion and travel. Rony Seikaly was previously married to Elsa Benítez, a Mexican model who was on the cover of the SI Swimsuit Issue in 2001 and 2006. Siekaly and Benítez divorced in 2005.

Here's a sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vIV2lf-4Tec

And....Nash is hurt.

#reallyoldteam

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Damn Tyreke...
    @qandrews9428

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Ty Lawson out with a plantar fascia tear. They are reporting it as day to day. But typically those take much longer, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, something like that. I doubt he gets back in time for the first playoff round.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1497/ty-lawson

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post

Damn Tyreke...
    Free Agent this summer, I think he could be a great 6th man.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    He has so much length and quickness. If only he ended up on some team with a proper defensive minded coach who could motivate him... I think he could become a great defender on top of his offensive skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    He has so much length and quickness. If only he ended up on some team with a proper defensive minded coach who could motivate him... I think he could become a great defender on top of his offensive skillset.
    Yes, he has regressed being on the Kings, as they never defined his role, and move him in and out of the starting/bench lineup. He needs some consistency and a direction of what he is to the team. Only if we signed Green to a 2 year deal, with the 2nd year being a team option :<, we would have more money to spend on role players as Pendagraph, Young, and Augustin expire this year (almost worth 4 million in total).

Sports Logo

Tyreke is a RFA....no way that the Kings are going to let him go for nothing...nor do I think that he'd love to go to a Team as a 6th Man.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I think Lionel may want West over Randolph, in terms of manliness at least.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-nba-manliness

Manliness?

Oh, there are a few men still in the league now. But guys then were playing for their living — playing for their families and their livelihoods. There are guys in the league now who don't even care if they ever play, if they ever get off the bench.

Yes, he has regressed being on the Kings, as they never defined his role, and move him in and out of the starting/bench lineup. He needs some consistency and a direction of what he is to the team. Only if we signed Green to a 2 year deal, with the 2nd year being a team option :<, we would have more money to spend on role players as Pendagraph, Young, and Augustin expire this year (almost worth 4 million in total).
    what? Tyreke has always been a starter. In his 249 career games, he has only played 10 off the bench and they are due to coming off an injury. Tyreke's biggest problem is his motivation. Dude just takes games off. And he does it often. He hasn't been defined as a 1 or 2 in Sacramento, mainly due to different people he's been playing with. But honestly he just has a bad mentality. He doesn't care much.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    what? Tyreke has always been a starter. In his 249 career games, he has only played 10 off the bench and they are due to coming off an injury. Tyreke's biggest problem is his motivation. Dude just takes games off. And he does it often. He hasn't been defined as a 1 or 2 in Sacramento, mainly due to different people he's been playing with. But honestly he just has a bad mentality. He doesn't care much.
    I thought they tried to bring him off the bench for a few games, as for the motivation thing, I think its just the Sacramento Kings culture, they have been a mess for awhile now. Hopefully new ownership (and a new coach) will move the franchise forward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hahaha. Riley responded to Ainge's comments that he needs to shut the **** up. Looooooooool!

Even when the Heat and Celtics aren't playing, things can still get pretty nasty between them.

“I think that it's almost embarrassing that LeBron would complain about officiating.”

After Celtics general manager Danny Ainge called LeBron James' complaints of hard fouls "embarrassing," both LeBron and Heat president Pat Riley fired back.

LeBron's response when asked by reporters Friday was simply, "I'm not surprised to hear anything from Boston."

Riley's response was a bit ... stronger. In a statement released through the Heat's PR via the Sun-Sentinel, Riley said of Ainge, "He needs to STFU and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner going when he was playing. I know that because I coached against him."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ut-the-f----up
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...9202--nba.html

Allen Iverson will return to Philadelphia on Saturday when 76ers give out A.I. bobbleheads

A link to the past that wobbles when you touch its head. (Image via @AschNBA)
    If you're a Philadelphia 76ers fan, there's not much for you to be excited about right now. The guy your front office imported to be the low-post centerpiece of a new era has been hurt all year, just underwent surgery on both knees that eliminated any chance he'd return to the floor this season and is poised to hit free agency, meaning there's an excellent chance that the net result of the Great Four-Way Dwight Howard/Andrew Bynum/Andre Iguodala swap for Philly is the right to pay a 32-year-old and injured Jason Richardson nearly $13 million over the next two seasons. (Which is especially crummy when you see ex-76er draftees Nikola Vucevic and Moe Harkless developing into useful, inexpensive pieces in Orlando.)
    Your team has been difficult to watch and cheer all season, struggling mightily to produce consistent offense given a lack of reliable shot creators, floor-spacers and free-throw generators; this is the NBA's fourth-worst offense in points scored per possession (according to NBA.com's stat tool) for a reason. The Evan Turner bet still hasn't really paid off, the "let's pay Kwame Brown and Nick Young rather than Elton Brand and Lou Williams" decision definitely hasn't paid off, you're getting heavy doses of a not-exactly-future-building Damien Wilkins and you're assured of a sub-.500 season record. There are admirable things about the Sixers — the team-carrying play of first-time All-Star Jrue Holiday, the all-court impact of Thaddeus Young, the refusal to roll over and tank despite being seven games out of the playoffs with 11 games left — but it's been a brutal season, it's coming to a brutal end and, prospective cap space aside, there doesn't appear to be a ton of hope for significantly brighter days in the team's near future.

And so, this weekend, the 76ers will reach back to the past, celebrating legendary guard Allen Iverson's contributions to Sixer history with a commemorative bobblehead doll ... and, as it turns out, celebrating the man himself, who has accepted the team's invitation to be in attendance at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday. From The
    Sixers CEO Adam Aron says Iverson rearranged his schedule to make the trip to Philadelphia. The Sixers will salute one of their greatest players with a video tribute. [...]
    Aron says Iverson decided to return because "he loves his fans and he loves Philadelphia."
    Iverson will reportedly present the game ball prior to tip-off of the 76ers' Saturday game with the Charlotte Bobcats, reprising a role he played last spring, when he appeared before Game 6 of the Sixers' second-round playoff series against the Boston Celtics. Despite his two prior ignominious exits from Philly — the acrimony preceding his trade to the Denver Nuggets during the 2006-07 season and his brief, less-than-smooth-and-successful 2010 return to the franchise — the Philly faithful showered Iverson with affection during that appearance, lauding him for a 76er career that included 19,931 points (second only to Hal Greer in franchise history), the 2000-01 NBA Most Valuable Player award and a trip to that year's NBA Finals that served as the peak of his Sixers tenure.
    Iverson hasn't played professional ball since a 2010 stint with the Turkish club Besiktas; he declined an invitation to join the Texas Legends, the D-League affiliate of the Dallas Mavericks, earlier this season. Off the court, he's had a very rough start to 2013, losing his Atlanta mansion to foreclosure, going through a bitter divorce from his ex-wife Tawanna and losing custody of his children.
    [Also: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar lobbies for the vacant UCLA coaching job]
    All told, things aren't especially sunny for Iverson or the Sixers these days; the former star has fallen on difficult times and (D-League invite aside) seems to have made no headway in his hoped-for return to the NBA, while his former employer struggles toward the lottery on the court and toward laughing-stock status in the stands, where average attendance has fallen sharply from last year's numbers, leading to tickets going for mere pennies on the secondary market. Maybe bringing Iverson back to the site of his greatest achievements for one night, and giving fans an opportunity to reconnect with the franchise's last real stretch of glory for one night, will be a nice boost for all involved. And hey, even if it isn't, at least everyone will get a neat collectible out of it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Had a blast at the Spurs/Clippers game tonight. Both team shot well and it was close all the way. Some interesting calls both ways had all the fans unhappy at times as well. The Clippers stayed in it, though I was not impressed with them to be honest. They are a very physical team and are not afraid to put a body on people. I thought they set a lot of moving screens, but I may have been biased. They also cried a lot when they got fouls called on them and at times seemed to be more intent on trying to draw fouls than hit shots. I'm also not sure how smart a basketball team they are. They were lost on defense many times and argued a lot when mistakes were made.

As much run as Griffin gets, he did nothing to take the game over being guarded by the likes of Diaw and Splitter. He does seem to have learned how to take a dive from Paul. When the likes of Neal and Jackson can tap him from behind and he drops like he was shot it is funny. He seemed too passive on offense, only really going at the basket a few times, getting a dunk once, missing two lay-ups, but getting the tip, and then taking a hard foul from Duncan who challenged him at the rim and tried to shove the ball through him. If I had to choose one of those two to add to a team for the rest of the season it would be Duncan. He can make plays on his own.

Both teams did way to much falling down on close to any contact. The league really needs to clean this stuff up by telling the refs not to call any foul they are not 100% sure of. I believe if they error on the side of not calling fouls the flopping will stop since it will not be rewarded. Would some true fouls be missed, of course, but they are letting guys get away with too much still. I was happy when they didn't call fouls both ways and the flopping did hurt the team on the defensive end. Its bad enough they miss a play where Parker gets laid out by two Clippers and nothing is called but then they "see" Parker hold? Paul on an inbound when on replay it was obvious he had not. Then they do not call the foul on Parker at the end of the game where there was much more contact. I don't get it.

I think if these two teams meet up again in the playoffs it will be a very good series. Neither Manu or Billups played, well Manu did a little, but left with a hamstring issue. When both are full strength it will be fun.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Both teams did way to much falling down on close to any contact. The league really needs to clean this stuff up by telling the refs not to call any foul they are not 100% sure of. I believe if they error on the side of not calling fouls the flopping will stop since it will not be rewarded. Would some true fouls be missed, of course, but they are letting guys get away with too much still. I was happy when they didn't call fouls both ways and the flopping did hurt the team on the defensive end.
    Great.....what happens when a physical Team plays a Darling Team like the Clippers that makes it a habit of flopping? A bunch of ticky-tacky calls made against the Pacers

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Interesting fact. Knicks had more asts, 30, than rebs, 27, last night.

They just keep winning with players out injured.

Default Magic, Bird, Russell and Kareem commercials

Last edited by Basketball Fan; 03-30-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Great.....what happens when a physical Team plays a Darling Team like the Clippers that makes it a habit of flopping? A bunch of ticky-tacky calls made against the Pacers
    regular season, yes, post season? i think the refs swallow those whistles.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    regular season, yes, post season? i think the refs swallow those whistles.
    true, but all i care about is our next game with them in the regular season. every game counts at this point....i hate it when floppy 'darling' teams gets calls cuz one team is physical with them.

Looking like Boston or Atlanta, how you?

I think we can beat both teams in 6 games.