Page 128 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

http://www.accesshollywood.com/south..._article_76270

Shaq To Guest Star On Southland (Access Exclusive)
    First Published: February 21, 2013 3:36 PM EST Credit: Getty Premium
    Caption
    LOS ANGELES, CALIF. -- Shaquille O’Neal is heading to the small screen!

The former NBA superstar will guest star on TNT’s police drama, “Southland,” Shaq announced on Thursday’s Access Hollywood Live.

Shaq will play Officer Earl Dayton, a cop who knows Officer John Cooper (played by Michael Cudlitz) from the police academy. The pair will run into each other at the funeral of a notorious gangster, where Shaq’s character will be serving warrants.

“[‘Southland’] is one of my favorite shows, so one day I just got the number and I called them and I was like, ‘This is Detective O’Neal, and I would like to play a police officer [on your show],’” he told Kit Hoover and Billy Bush. “They were like, ‘This is not Shaq!’ I said, ‘This is really me.’”

Part of the reason Shaq is such a fan of the hour-long drama stems from his police connections off-screen — he has previously served as a reserve officer with both the Port of Los Angeles police and the Miami Beach police department.

“I e-mailed them a picture [of me in my police uniform] and I told them I would like to be on the show and I’m shooting next week,” Shaq explained, adding that this was the first time he’d ever contacted a show and asked to guest star. “I’m a police officer in real life and that show really depicts how they do it in life.”

The episode shoots on Tuesday in Los Angeles and will air on April 3.

Shaq is the second notable name to appear as a guest star on the drama’s fifth season so far – Chad Michael Murray is currently starring in a guest arc as a cop influencing Officer Ben Sherman (Ben McKenzie) in a less-than-positive way.

The basketball star’s previous acting credits include big screen roles in “Scary Movie 4,” “Freddy Got Fingered,” “Kazaam” and “Blue Chips.” He also had a cameo on HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” in 2001.

“Southland,” which returned last week with the premiere of Season 5, airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on TNT.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As a big Southland fan, I can say that I am not at all looking forward to this. Shaq is one of my least favorite athletes ever.

Tony Parker is obliterating the Clippers, it's unfortunate he doesn't get more recognition.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tony Parker is obliterating the Clippers, it's unfortunate he doesn't get more recognition.
    I agree it is almost criminal. He is probably the most underrated player of this era.

In the Kyrie thread some people said Kyrie is more TP than CP3 and they meant it has a negative. I dont think there is much of a difference honestly I prefer TP to CP3. I know 95% of people would disagree.

This probably belongs in that thread but take Duncan off the Spurs and the Spurs are still a good top 4 seed team. Not a contender but by no means a bad team. The bottom line is you need to have a good team around the core guys and the Spurs do. CP3 with the Hornets was a great example of a great player without the core needed. I could see Kyrie and the Cavs going ethier way depending if the can get another cornerstone they could be like Clippers today or they could not get that guy and Kyrie will struggle to contend. No player by himself will ever be enough to contend in this league.

But TP and Duncan are two of the best players of this era and I love watching them play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never knew you could smack a guy across the face after the buzzer and it wasn't a foul. Billups just took nailed Green but because it was after the buzzer it wasn't a foul. Not to mention Green may have been hurt because of the foul. Sorry, foul that didn't happen.

Mood

TP obviously plays off the ball a lot more than CP3 but I think talent wise they are equal just different type of players.

I was on the Tony Parker for MVP bandwagon last year(his year last year was ridiculous he was the best pg in the league and best player on the best team) he is even better this year. I know he won't get it but he deserves to be in the top 3 in voting at least IMO.

Technically it didn't happen. But I would be tempted to call a technical file for just smacking the guy in the face like that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Was there any chance of the Pacers getting Parker when they were deciding to trade between Parker and Hill? If so then damn the Pacers missed out unless the price was insane.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    As a big Southland fan, I can say that I am not at all looking forward to this. Shaq is one of my least favorite athletes ever.
    Dude I can't stand Shaq either.. but I don't watch the show.

However it will probably give the show a lot of promotion because of it. So that's probably its saving grace.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    TP obviously plays off the ball a lot more than CP3 but I think talent wise they are equal just different type of players.

I was on the Tony Parker for MVP bandwagon last year(his year last year was ridiculous he was the best pg in the league and best player on the best team) he is even better this year. I know he won't get it but he deserves to be in the top 3 in voting at least IMO.
    This is one of the parts where a small market makes it harder for players to be recognized among fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Was there any chance of the Pacers getting Parker when they were deciding to trade between Parker and Hill? If so then damn the Pacers missed out unless the price was insane.
    No, but the Pacers were linked with him in 2010 for a package centred around the #10 pick and B Rush. That pick turned turned out to be Paul George so...

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    No, but the Pacers were linked with him in 2010 for a package centred around the #10 pick and B Rush. That pick turned turned out to be Paul George so...
    I swear I thought it was the 2011 draft, when they drafted Kawhi Leonard and traded him for George Hill. I thought there were rumors of a bigger deal for Parker instead of going for Hill, but things didn't work out so they settled on trading Hill was how I remember it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

In the Kyrie thread some people said Kyrie is more TP than CP3 and they meant it has a negative.
    I think that I was one of the people that made that analogy but I meant it as a positive. TP is the kind of PG that can win you a chip.

But TP and Duncan are two of the best players of this era and I love watching them play.
    Agreed.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I swear I thought it was the 2011 draft, when they drafted Kawhi Leonard and traded him for George Hill. I thought there were rumors of a bigger deal for Parker instead of going for Hill, but things didn't work out so they settled on trading Hill was how I remember it.
    It was the 2010 draft when the rumors that the Pacers were interested in Parker came out. The Spurs were apparently looking to draft Ed Davis with the 10 pick if the deal went down. I'd say it was a very good thing for both teams that the deal didn't go down. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Parker on the Pacers, but I prefer George with both at there current ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    It was the 2010 draft when the rumors that the Pacers were interested in Parker came out. The Spurs were apparently looking to draft Ed Davis with the 10 pick if the deal went down. I'd say it was a very good thing for both teams that the deal didn't go down. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Parker on the Pacers, but I prefer George with both at there current ages.
    That's a good info right there buddy. Good thing that didn't happen for both teams, as Parker has been the Spurs MVP for about 2-3 seasons now, and PG has really developed into an All-star within 3 seasons for the Pacers.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    That's a good info right there buddy. Good thing that didn't happen for both teams, as Parker has been the Spurs MVP for about 2-3 seasons now, and PG has really developed into an All-star within 3 seasons for the Pacers.
    Our dealings with the Spurs have been good for both teams even if they don't happen actually
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

For what it's worth, which is nothing, I had a dream that we beat the Warriors in the Finals in 7 last night. So place your bets now.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Watching ESPN First take earlier and Skip Bayless was saying that the Pacers would win only 1 game in a Playoff series matchup with the Heat where it would end in 5 games...whereas Stephen A Smith would give the Pacers 2 games...where the Pacers would lose in 6....but could win the series if they go 2-1.

Bayless is always clueless....but at least Smith seems like he knows something.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Nice to see Terrence Williams back in the league dude has so much talent would be a shame if he wastes it. I have always been a big fan of his game. I wish the Pacers player development staff could get a chance with him.

Also Scalbrine just said DJ White will be great for the Celtics becausse he is a big body and "bang" with dwight (I guess Scale didnt read the scouting report back when he played vs DJ White)

Scal is so bad he is funny he and Heisjohn are just LOL

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Bogut out indefinitely with back spasms
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...h-back-spasms/

Shame he can't stay healthy, he's a pretty outstanding player

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Okay....the Shirt Jerseys were a terrible idea. They look dumb. Nobody who plays basketball tucks in a T-shirt. They look like a bunch of Rec league players playing against some real ballers.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 02-22-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are they letting players wear shirts under their jerseys now like Howard did during the all-star game? They are not the old Ewing white tee's from G-Town, but close.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Are they letting players wear shirts under their jerseys now like Howard did during the all-star game? They are not the old Ewing white tee's from G-Town, but close.
    It is a special brace to hold his shoulders back. The Lakers had to get special OK from the league to use it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Yes I think Howard has been wearing those under armor compression shirts under his jersey for years. He also wear actual body armor honeycomb padding under his jersey too, cause he is wimp.

I think Paul George wears that honey comb padding on his compression sleeve around his elbow.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Yes I think Howard has been wearing those under armor compression shirts under his jersey for years. He also wear actual body armor honeycomb padding under his jersey too, cause he is wimp.

I think Paul George wears that honey comb padding on his compression sleeve around his elbow.
    Considering all the abuse he used to take when playing the post, more about playing for longevity than being a wimp.