Page 126 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

5 on 5: Best and Worst of the NBA's First Half (ESPN.com)

5. What's one interesting stat from the NBA's first half?

Mason: How's this for filling a role? Last season, Pacers forward Danny Granger took 15.1 field goals (making 41.8 percent) and 5.6 3-pointers (making 38.1 percent). In Granger's absence, Paul George is taking 15.2 shots per game (making 42.2 percent), 5.5 3-pointers (making 38.6 percent). In addition, George is rebounding and assisting more than Granger did last season.

Pina: The 15-win Washington Wizards have one of the NBA's best defenses. Ranked seventh overall -- higher than Oklahoma City and Miami -- right now they're holding teams to a feeble 96.7 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter, per NBA.com/Stats. Only the Indiana Pacers are better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ughhh. I wish Vogel would work on the offense! He runs no good plays!
    I actually like a lot of the plays Vogel runs, but it seems he doesn't do it enough, instead calling for dumb postups for Roy Hibbert. He has plays, but he needs to stick to constantly running good plays to get open looks.

The isolation postups need to be almost non-existent. They need to be called on the floor by George Hill when he sees good matchups.

Examples being West when he gets good position on weak defenders, PG being defended by two guards, and on occasion Hill can postup, but honestly do that only when they're running screens off the ball.

It allows Hill to find the open man from the post...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo

3 days away from the trade deadline.....and the only thing we have heard are unlikely rumors....slowest trade deadline...EVER.

I'm bored......and disappointed.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Agreed wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    I actually like a lot of the plays Vogel runs, but it seems he doesn't do it enough, instead calling for dumb postups for Roy Hibbert. He has plays, but he needs to stick to constantly running good plays to get open looks.

The isolation postups need to be almost non-existent. They need to be called on the floor by George Hill when he sees good matchups.

Examples being West when he gets good position on weak defenders, PG being defended by two guards, and on occasion Hill can postup, but honestly do that only when they're running screens off the ball.

It allows Hill to find the open man from the post...
    I was being quite sarcastic. That was astounding playcalling. And most of the time, plays failing was due to players' failure to execute, not bad plays.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

I was being quite sarcastic. That was astounding playcalling. And most of the time, plays failing was due to players' failure to execute, not bad plays.
    The only plays I would like the pacers to improve on right now is out-of bounds plays. We are pretty bad at those and most are predictable. Whenever I see the Bulls run an out of bounds play they are pretty amazing.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    Agreed wonder why?
    I read that it's because of the new CBA......which you'd think would spur Teams to move Players for financial reasons.

But given the plethora of UFAs that could bolt and leave Teams with nothing ( Milsap, Reddick, AlJeff, JSmoove ), you'd think that there would be more movement....but I think that it's just the Teams that have them now....are asking for too much in return. IMHO....all of them are worth ( at most ) a 1st + Expiring + 2nd tier prospect. Some Team will pay for that...as long as they have assurances that these Players will sign an extension.

Hopefully Teams will lower their asking price over the next day or two as they get closer. Also...maybe it's a whole "waiting for the 1st domino to fall" scenario

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    The only plays I would like the pacers to improve on right now is out-of bounds plays. We are pretty bad at those and most are predictable. Whenever I see the Bulls run an out of bounds play they are pretty amazing.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post

HAHAHA. I want to know what Thib's reaction was during that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

ughhh. I wish Vogel would work on the offense! He runs no good plays!
    lol i'm dum

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

From Matt Moore lulz

Read it and weep:

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

From the Onion, I didn't see this posted yet. Funny image at the link.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ger...wes-doc,31328/

Gerald Green Incorporates Christopher Marlowe's 'Doctor Faustus' Into Slam Dunk

SPORTS NEWS IN BRIEFSportsISSUE 49•07 • Feb 16, 2013

HOUSTON—While competing in the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest Saturday, contestant Gerald Green reportedly incorporated characters, dialogue, and set design from 16th-century English playwright Christopher Marlowe’s The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus into his elaborately choreographed dunk routine. “Lo, Mephistophilis, for love of thee/Faustus hath cut his arm, and with his proper blood/Assures his soul to be great Lucifer’s/ Chief lord and regent of perpetual night!” proclaimed the spotlighted and costumed Indiana Pacers small forward before catching a full-court lob from the demon Mephisto—played by devilishly attired teammate Lance Stephenson—and driving to the hole. “View here this blood that trickles from mine arm/ And let it be propitious for my wish.” Upon completing the 10-minute-long scene in which the Elizabethan drama’s titular character exchanges his soul for Satan’s corrupt bounty, Green dribbled between his legs, scrawled his name in Lucifer’s black book, and launched toward the hoop from the free-throw line, whereupon the basketball clanged off the rim, forcing the 2007 dunk contest winner and his fellow castmates to return to half court and start the intricate routine from the beginning.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Just a friendly reminder with the trade deadline looming. If you're on Twitter and see "BREAKING NEWS: X traded for Z" be retweeted about, check the account it came from. Look at the username closely, check the follower count.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Probably doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot, but I thought this quote by Lebron from the NY Post was pretty interesting....

During All-Star weekend, LeBron James said the Knicks and Pacers are on his list when asked if the only opponent standing in the Heat’s way are the Heat themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    “That’s not true,’’ James said. “Indiana is very, very good. Very good. New York is very good. Chicago is very good. Boston’s very good. We have to prepare for those teams and we have to get ready for those teams when the playoffs come around. We know we’re going to match up against one of them.’’
    Link

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

CBS sports reports the Bucks offered Mbah a Moute and a 1st to the Magic for J.J. Redick.

Apparently it's still on the table but Orlando wants to explore all of their possible deals.

Also, in other Bucks news, Monta Ellis waved his player option for next season, thus becoming a free agent in July.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    CBS sports reports the Bucks offered Mbah a Moute and a 1st to the Magic for J.J. Redick. Apparently it's still on the table but Orlando wants to explore all of their possible deals.
    ow stupid is that? Every other Team in the universe can offer a 1st and an Expiring...and the Bucks send a forward with a 3 year / long-term / $4+ mil per year contract and a 1st round pick to the Team that is in rebuilding mode....makes total sense to me .

Also, in other Bucks news, Monta Ellis waved his player option for next season, thus becoming a free agent in July.
    I wonder why Monte waived it now.....as opposed to during the offseason. I'd think that one would wait until the summer.....as opposed to doing it now when he can get injured and be left with nothing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

CBS sports reports the Bucks offered Mbah a Moute and a 1st to the Magic for J.J. Redick.

Apparently it's still on the table but Orlando wants to explore all of their possible deals.

Honestly, I think this increases his trade value (or at least increases the likelihood that he's moved)... whoever makes a deal for him knows that they have a 30-game audition for him as an expiring contract. With his high price tag, some teams might balk at trading for him for fear that he might actually exercise his option!

Related: Ellis is currently 41-177 from three this year... good for 23.2%. No player in NBA history has ever shot that many threes in a season and converted such a low percentage.

Mood

Does Ellis think he'll make more (annual) money in free agency than this deal?

Maybe he just wants to secure another multi-year deal ASAP.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post

He wants the hell out of Milwaukee. They really need to blow that squad up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm guessing he is looking to get that long-term security sooner rather than later. Honestly, I think someone out there is going to overpay for him... I see him getting somewhere around $8.5-10M annually. Maybe a team like Phoenix? I could also see Atlanta or Charlotte throwing a big contract offer at him.

Sports Logo

Thibodeau on Rose

I think in any situation like this you hope for the best but you plan for the worst. That's a possibility that he could miss the entire season and if that's the case then that's fine. We just want him to be healthy and ready to go. Whenever that is we will deal with that. For our team nothing is going to change.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-misses-season

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He wants the hell out of Milwaukee. They really need to blow that squad up.
    If there's a more "built by a junior high student" team in the NBA idk who it is. No one guards on the perimeter but don't worry they have Larry sanders...rolls eyes.

Sports Logo

I fully expect Ellis to go into Free Agency....I don't get the sense that he likes it in Milwaukee. I'm just trying to understand why he declined his Player Option NOW instead of in the offseason.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If Rose is out this season...I really hope that Granger does return....cuz this will be our best chance to make it to the ECF and beyond.

Sports Logo

way to defy the odds Brooklyn

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: