Page 120 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spurs have always been a great regular season team, but a different story when its comes to the playoffs.
    Ya, only 4 titles. They suck.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Kobe isn't the only Laker upset with Dwight Howard. Nash is getting fed up too:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/h...sh-lakers.html
    We have two superstars whose final years depend on Dwight. And Dwight just can't handle it.

It's good that Nash has finally said something. Kobe and D'Antoni..I think people could/would still side with Dwight. The second Nash gets on someone that person (and all those watching) knows who is at fault.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Their last title was 6 years ago, in the past playoffs for these past 6 years, they have struggled to get to the west conference finals. I don't know why, and one year they got upset in the 1st round by 8th seed memphis. So obviously their regular season hasn't carried onto playoffs.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Their last title was 6 years ago, in the past playoffs for these past 6 years, they have struggled to get to the west conference finals. I don't know why, and one year they got upset in the 1st round by 8th seed memphis. So obviously their regular season hasn't carried onto playoffs.
    sheesh fans expectations are so unreasonable. You act like there isn't other teams in the NBA trying to win as well.

They have been title contenders for most of the last 6 years. That is all fans can ask for most teams that our contenders never win rings because there are so many good teams and guys like LBJ play in there era. The Spurs cant help it they ran into the Lakers who were a slightly better team. However for the past 6 years they have been good enoght to win a ring they just haven't **** happens. They have been a first class organization contender level team for well over a decade anybody who falls that team a good regular season team only is delusional IMO. It's a hard league there can only be one champion one year that doesn't mean a few other teams weren't really good teams. They just didnt get as many breaks and play as well come playoff time.

That Memphis team wasn't 8th seed talent either they were a hell of a team not chopped liver by any means. I hope the Pacers can have a run like the Spurs have had in the past 6 years and if they play well they could win it all. Again as a fan and if I was with management that is all you can ask for.

EDIT: Plus their core is home grown that makes it more special for the fans who have seen most of there players there all career and are truly their team.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-12-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ESPN NBA - Bulls' Derrick Rose to USA Today Sports: "Far away" from return, won't be back until he's "110 percent"

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    sheesh fans expectations are so unreasonable. You act like there isn't other teams in the NBA trying to win as well. They have been title contenders for most of the last 6 years. That is all fans can ask for most teams that our contenders never win rings because there are so many good teams and guys like LBJ play in there era. The Spurs cant help it they ran into the Lakers who were a slightly better team. However for the past 6 years they have been good enoght to win a ring they just haven't **** happens. They have been a first class organization contender level team for well over a decade anybody who falls that team a good regular season team only is delusional IMO. It's a hard league there can only be one champion one year that doesn't mean a few other teams weren't really good teams. They just didnt get as many breaks and play as well come playoff time. That Memphis team wasn't 8th seed talent either they were a hell of a team not chopped liver by any means. I hope the Pacers can have a run like the Spurs have had in the past 6 years and if they play well they could win it all. Again as a fan and if I was with management that is all you can ask for. EDIT: Plus their core is home grown that makes it more special for the fans who have seen most of there players there all career and are truly their team.
    I didn't say they were a bad team, but they just haven't had success in the playoffs recently, compared for the past 15 years where they have always been a dominant regular season team.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    That Memphis team wasn't 8th seed talent either they were a hell of a team not chopped liver by any means. I hope the Pacers can have a run like the Spurs have had in the past 6 years and if they play well they could win it all. Again as a fan and if I was with management that is all you can ask for.
    Don't forget, Ginobili was out that series, and he was having a hell of a season until his injury. If he was healthy, the outcome of that SA-MEM series might have been different.

Mood

I didn't say they were a bad team, but they just haven't had success in the playoffs recently, compared for the past 15 years where they have always been a dominant regular season team.
    yes so that means lets blow it up because they ran into power houses? There team is still good enough to win a 7 game series vs just about anyone if they play well and stay healthy. You dont blow teams like that up sometimes teams just play better and you tip there hat and say well played and come back next year hungry and compete again that is all you can do. Several great teams have never won titles that doesn't mean they should be disregarded as a great team and be blown up. I mean you are making it sound like they were the Hawks the past 6 years where they had almost 0% chance to win a ring. If they were I would totally agree with what you are saying. But each of the past 6 seasons the Spurs have been terrific teams and legit contenders that is all you can ask for. 4 championships and the sustained success they have had is incredible. It is kind of like the Colts if the Colts didnt win the SB vs the Bears would you regard them as a complete failure? I mean they were in contention every year. Look at the Dirk Mavs teams for example they stayed the course and finally broke though by playing there best ball one season in the playoffs. If you have a team who can contend when playing there best it would be idiotic to break them up.

WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP IS REALLY REALLY HARD TAKES A GOOD TEAM AND A BIT OF LUCK.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    We have two superstars whose final years depend on Dwight. And Dwight just can't handle it.

It's good that Nash has finally said something. Kobe and D'Antoni..I think people could/would still side with Dwight. The second Nash gets on someone that person (and all those watching) knows who is at fault.
    I'm surprised Kobe has been as delicate as he has with Dwight thus far. And I'm being dead serious.

But if Nash starts feuding with the guy, he has to go. Lol plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    ESPN NBA - Bulls' Derrick Rose to USA Today Sports: "Far away" from return, won't be back until he's "110 percent"
    good
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    That is smart I predicted he wouldn't be back this year at all. Would be smart to give him the whole summer to get back fully healthy. Far to many players come back early from ACL's Dwest would of been a lot better his first year with the Pacers with another 4 months to fully heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I'm surprised Kobe has been as delicate as he has with Dwight thus far. And I'm being dead serious.

Does Dwight have a clue how badly Nash and Kobe could make him look if they were as selfish as he is? Jeez, Nash can make just about anyone who can jump look good! How fast do you think Amare would trade places with DH?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    good
    I think I'm in the minority here who WANTS D.Rose to come back. Not because I like the crybaby or his crybaby a$$ team, but because I want to beat them AT FULL STRENGTH! No excuses.

Mood

I think I'm in the minority here who WANTS D.Rose to come back. Not because I like the crybaby or his crybaby a$$ team, but because I want to beat them AT FULL STRENGTH! No excuses.
    If Rose comes back they wont be at full strength he wont be 100% until next year. I really don't care a win is a win they all count the same.

Yea, he hasn't been as delicate as he is with Pau, but he's been pretty empathetic. Which is strange, for Kobe. In fact, the comments Kobe had to say about Dwight and his shoulder were significantly nicer/more understanding than what D'Antoni and Nash had to say.

But I also wonder if it's just Kobe realizing that, yes..Dwight is a big baby, but the guy needs to feel like his teammates like him in order to play well, and the Lakers need him to play well in order to get themselves together...especially with Pau out for over a month.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

@Pace_O11: On the way with @milesplumlee13 to Peyton Manning's children's hospital to hang with the lil ones #mustgiveback #blessed

Love these kinds of tweets.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Banned

I want him to come back because I like his game, the NBA is not the same without him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    That was my initial thought, but then again the last of those 4 was in 2007, so for the past 5 years that's actually been the case. To a point.

Royce White making his debut in Dleague right now....and these announcers are just awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Jrccij45ZLk

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Banned

Rudy gay did it again, another clutch shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    That was my initial thought, but then again the last of those 4 was in 2007, so for the past 5 years that's actually been the case. To a point.
    I would love for the Pacers to have had the Spurs last 5 years. I moved down here in 1998 and have experienced something few sets of fans have ever experienced. 15 years of being a legit challenger for the title or a deep playoff run and getting to see 4 of the best basketball players of my lifetime play extensively.

I want nothing more for my fellow Pacer fans to experience the feeling of celebrating an NBA championship one time.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

I think Kobe has come to realize that basketball is an important part of his life, but not the most important thing in his life.

Ever since him and his wife got back together, he's been happier and more detached from all the drama surrounding the Lakers.

Banned

So if Toronto keeps winning and Milwaukee keeps losing Toronto has a chance to make it to the playoffs, Toronto Vs Miami could be interesting to watch.

Seems like the 2nd tier teams: Nuggets, bulls, pacers, and warriors, are struggling a bit before the AS game.

It's time for a break.