Page 97 of 178 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Bucks choked. Nice to see.

I heard one of the announcers of the Spurs/Mavs game say DC was shooting 54% in his last 15 games and 48% for the season. WOW.

JUST FYI, Andris Biedrins who use to be a double double player is averaging .05 pts per game in 9 plus minutes PT. He has shot an astounding 14 FGA and 11 FTA this YEAR all for a whopping 9 mil. What the he11 happened to this player? Talk about an albatross contract! This is why guaranteed contracts should not be, and to think they have to pay him for 2more years. SMH

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...alf-court-shot

Ugh. Why does LeBron hate the fans so much? Enough, LeBron.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JUST FYI, Andris Biedrins who use to be a double double player is averaging .05 pts per game in 9 plus minutes PT. He has shot an astounding 14 FGA and 11 FTA this YEAR all for a whopping 9 mil. What the he11 happened to this player? Talk about an albatross contract! This is why guaranteed contracts should not be, and to think they have to pay him for 2more years. SMH
    The insane thing is that they could have amnestied Biedrins but instead used it on Charlie Bell's contract which was something like $3 or $4 million dollars a year.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heard one of the announcers of the Spurs/Mavs game say DC was shooting 54% in his last 15 games and 48% for the season. WOW.
    And he'll still be prob playing for his 4th team in 5 yrs next season

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    So the Pistons are getting crushed by Miami. But Andre Drummond, on back to back possessions, stripped Dwyane Wade of the ball at the top of the key. The 2nd most amazing thing that's happened this game.
    That was something that was really noticeable from the first time I saw him as a freshman at Uconn. He's got very good hands. He would actually strip guards pretty often early on, but then Calhoun had him stop pressuring guards to defend the rim.

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    The insane thing is that they could have amnestied Biedrins but instead used it on Charlie Bell's contract which was something like $3 or $4 million dollars a year.
    I'm guessing the logic was that they thought Biedrins could have been productive. Was there anything else I'm missing?

I love that reaction by LeBron.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

whoever made that shot looks like a clone of hugo chavez

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Lebron were World Peace, (Ron Artest) he would've been suspended the rest of the season.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Banned

They want young talent I have a Plumlee to give them

There remains a chance that JJ Redick is dealt before the February trade deadline and if not then, in a deal this

summer. But a league source dismissed the possibility of a trade to Boston and the Pacers, while also interested, appear to be a longshot as well. "There's no deal to be had," the source said of Boston. The Magic are supposedly looking for draft picks and young talent on a rookie contract. No one on the Celtics' roster apparently fits the bill.
    @RicBucher: There remains a chance that JJ Redick is dealt before the February trade deadline and if not then, in a deal this http://t.co/mYZdVwz4

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

@RicBucher: There remains a chance that JJ Redick is dealt before the February trade deadline and if not then, in a deal this http://t.co/mYZdVwz4
    I'd be willing to trade Lance + Gerald Green for Redick, probably the deal that makes the most sense for both sides (I'm not a huge fan of it, but does get the shooter the Pacers desperately need), obviously once Granger gets back healthy. Gerald is a toxic contract so that would also be incentive to make the move.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I'd be willing to trade Lance + Gerald Green for Redick, probably the deal that makes the most sense for both sides (I'm not a huge fan of it, but does get the shooter the Pacers desperately need), obviously once Granger gets back healthy. Gerald is a toxic contract so that would also be incentive to make the move.
    I wouldn't trade Lance for Redick straight up let alone another player. Now if there was some way to get them to take Green (they wouldn't) I'd do it in a heartbeat but no way would I give them Lance.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Does he win something other than being immortalized in some Animated GIF with LeDecision?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

@RicBucher: There remains a chance that JJ Redick is dealt before the February trade deadline and if not then, in a deal this

summer. But a league source dismissed the possibility of a trade to Boston and the Pacers, while also interested, appear to be a longshot as well. "There's no deal to be had," the source said of Boston. The Magic are supposedly looking for draft picks and young talent on a rookie contract. No one on the Celtics' roster apparently fits the bill.
    LOL at the Magic thinking that they could get a draft pick and a rookie. Reddick is good and a solid rotational Player....but he's not worth a rookie Contract and a 1st round pick....maybe some rookie Player that is getting little playing time and a 2nd round draft pick ( at most ).

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Does he win something other than being immortalized in some Animated GIF with LeDecision?
    He will get richer by 75.000 dollars.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I don't think we have anything to offer for Reddick that the Magic would consider unless they like Plumlee for some reason.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

There's nothing in the CBA requiring you to guarantee any years of contracts besides the first two years of 1st roud draft pick rookie contracts and the 1st year of players contracts in sign and trades. Repeat: NOTHING. It's the team's fault, not the players. If they don't want to guarantee contracts, don't guarantee them.

As for what's wrong with Biedrins, his free throw shooting was so bad that he was afraid to get the ball and get fouled, and thus lost confidence in every facet of his game. I also read something (sorry don't have a link) where Biedrins didn't even really want to play, but he wasn't walking away from $18 million. Golden State could have amnestied him, but they chose the 1 year, $4 million salary of Charlie Bell. Dumb decision.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    And that was the most amazing thing. A funny part about that is they showed the Pistons bench and they were going crazy. But an awesome reaction by LeBron. That's a great memory for that guy.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He will get richer by 75.000 dollars.
    He wins $75?

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I wouldn't trade Lance for Redick straight up let alone another player. Now if there was some way to get them to take Green (they wouldn't) I'd do it in a heartbeat but no way would I give them Lance.
    I've seen several people mention this now, and it kind of surprises me. I know Lance has a load of talent and potential, and he's seemed to have matured an incredible amount over his three years in the league, but JJ Redick is really ****ing good. Solid shooter, underrated defender, accepts his role on the team--right now he's an obvious upgrade over Lance imo. Now, when you get into his impending free agency, the cost it would take to keep him, and so forth, it might tip the scales a bit.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I've seen several people mention this now, and it kind of surprises me. I know Lance has a load of talent and potential, and he's seemed to have matured an incredible amount over his three years in the league, but JJ Redick is really ****ing good. Solid shooter, underrated defender, accepts his role on the team--right now he's an obvious upgrade over Lance imo. Now, when you get into his impending free agency, the cost it would take to keep him, and so forth, it might tip the scales a bit.
    I agree with the highlighted part, people around here believe that Redick is just another 3 point shooter weak a** player that can't play D or do other things, they think that because he is good at shooting 3's he sucks.

I agree with the highlighted part, people around here believe that Redick is just another 3 point shooter weak a** player that can't play D or do other things, they think that because he is good at shooting 3's he sucks.
    Can you imagine Redick and Hansbrough on the same team? Arguably two of the most despised players (by fans) in NCAA history. That would be great.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: