Page 83 of 178 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

He was good for one year and fooled a team to give him a huge contract.

This is why I don't like overpaying a player for having a good year, especially a contract year, or a good playoff. Prime case is Coz in Lakers series. He never played that good or better again. I could add Bender and Tinsley.

Banned

SI NBA ‏@si_nba
    Report: Lakers interested in Wolves' Cunningham http://on.si.com/Xo5ijH
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Why?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This is why I don't like overpaying a player for having a good year, especially a contract year, or a good playoff. Prime case is Coz in Lakers series. He never played that good or better again. I could add Bender and Tinsley.
    Don't forget Green.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    I'd love to have Reddick coming off the bench. A big time shooter, and nice off the bench scorer.

I wonder if he's obtainable if the Pacers tried to trade for him??

I'd love to have Redick playing 30 mpg for us, starting next to PG if Danny isn't in the picture. JJ is one of those guys that always makes the right play and leaves it all out on the court. I'm a huge fan of his.

Don't forget Green.

I didn't forget Green. He's played 42 games out of the 246 games he is signed to play. Get back with me at the end of the season, and I might have to agree.

It's not the money Green gets paid that upsets me, it's the FULLY GUARANTEED contract that does. If his contracts 2nd & 3rd years were team options, the contract would be fine. Technically, he'd be playing for a contract each year. No production you just invoke the TO, and move on to another player. Unfortunately, that's not how it is with a guaranteed contract. Your only recourse for a player not performing is to trade him if possible.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Banned

David Baumann: As Feb. 21 #NBA trade deadline looms, sources tell me the Boston Celtics covet Orlando Magic SG J.J. Redick. Twitter @DavidBaumann33

This makes non sense, they have like 4 guys that play that position they need is a center.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I'd love to have Redick playing 30 mpg for us, starting next to PG if Danny isn't in the picture. JJ is one of those guys that always makes the right play and leaves it all out on the court. I'm a huge fan of his.

Did you notice Charlotte beat Orlando last night for their 10th win of the season? JJ had a nice game hitting some 3's too, but they still didn't beat the Puddycats.

David Baumann: As Feb. 21 #NBA trade deadline looms, sources tell me the Boston Celtics covet Orlando Magic SG J.J. Redick. Twitter @DavidBaumann33

This makes non sense, they have like 4 guys that play that position they need is a center.

I watched the last half and OT of that game. The more I watch Sullinger play the better Boston picking him gets. He had something like 15 rebs, but he fouled out in OT for the 6th time this year making him the leader in fouling out of games.

Banned

I watched the last half and OT of that game. The more I watch Sullinger play the better Boston picking him gets. He had something like 15 rebs, but he fouled out in OT for the 6th time this year making him the leader in fouling out of games.
    I remember crossing my fingers for Sullinger to fall on the Pacers lap, it was so close.

They have a nice young center in Vucevic. If they need a b/u center, maybe they'd be interested in Plumlee. I'd be interested in some type of a Plumlee for Nicholson type trade.

They have a nice young center in Vucevic. If they need a b/u center, maybe they'd be interested in Plumlee. I'd be interested in some type of a Plumlee for Nicholson type trade.
    I think he means the Celtics need a center.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post

I think he means the Celtics need a center.
    OK!

KG pulled another dirty deal in the latter part of the game. I don't remember if it was with Noah or who, but he needs to quit this carp.

The Rockets picked up Beverley a short time ago. Last night was his 3rd game. He looked like an interesting player. Any thoughts?

OK!

KG pulled another dirty deal in the latter part of the game. I don't remember if it was with Noah or who, but he needs to quit this carp.
    It was with Hinrich, it was such an obvious moving screen, he moved Hinrich at least 3 feet using the screen

I didn't forget Green. He's played 42 games out of the 246 games he is signed to play. Get back with me at the end of the season, and I might have to agree.

It's not the money Green gets paid that upsets me, it's the FULLY GUARANTEED contract that does. If his contracts 2nd & 3rd years were team options, the contract would be fine. Technically, he'd be playing for a contract each year. No production you just invoke the TO, and move on to another player. Unfortunately, that's not how it is with a guaranteed contract. Your only recourse for a player not performing is to trade him if possible.
    I don't think Green would have signed a 1 year deal with 2 team options on the first day of free agency. He probably would have waited for a better offer from somebody (going back to the Nets as a last resort) and the Pacers would have lost their ability to offer that type of money when Hill and Hibbert were signed. There's little risk and great reward for Green with that strategy. Signing a deal with team options is a net negative for him, so all he would be really risking would be 2.5 million or so between the first year salary from the Pacers and minimum. And he would potentially gain 6.5 million extra if somebody signed him to a deal like the Pacers ended up doing that had no options in it.

The Pacers were going to have to pay somebody fairly to get them to agree that quickly. They might have chosen the wrong person, but I don't think anybody was going to sign a deal so heavily weighted towards the team that early in free agency. And that's all the time the Pacers had because their cap space was only available for a small amount of time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Banned

@ajchawks: Lou Williams is out for the season with ligament tear of right knee. #ATLHawks

Damn

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

@ajchawks: Lou Williams is out for the season with ligament tear of right knee. #ATLHawks

Damn
    Boy is that killer for Atlanta.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

boy i do like watching ben gordon play. wish he wasn't a $12 or $13 million cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    I don't think Green would have signed a 1 year deal with 2 team options on the first day of free agency. He probably would have waited for a better offer from somebody (going back to the Nets as a last resort) and the Pacers would have lost their ability to offer that type of money when Hill and Hibbert were signed. There's little risk and great reward for Green with that strategy. Signing a deal with team options is a net negative for him, so all he would be really risking would be 2.5 million or so between the first year salary from the Pacers and minimum. And he would potentially gain 6.5 million extra if somebody signed him to a deal like the Pacers ended up doing that had no options in it.

The Pacers were going to have to pay somebody fairly to get them to agree that quickly. They might have chosen the wrong person, but I don't think anybody was going to sign a deal so heavily weighted towards the team that early in free agency. And that's all the time the Pacers had because their cap space was only available for a small amount of time.

Not buying into Green not signing. The Pacers next choice was Delfino who signed a 2 year contract with Houston at 3 mil a year with the 2nd year UNGUARANTEED.

Sports Logo

Don't forget Green.
    Green is not overpaid.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ht=DJ+Augustin

You have yet to answer seriously to this post. Imagine why
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Just when I thought Boston was going to start clicking they drop two games at home, maybe age really is catching up with them. Pierce deserves to make the all star team but I have a tough time rewarding a one game over .500 team 3 all stars. I guess if they have 3 all stars then their chemistry just sucks or something.
    In my opinion, Pierce is WAY more of an AS than Garnett. That's just a travesty. West deserves the AS nod over Garnett as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    21-21 at the FT line
    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I think its a travesty that he gets that many calls considering he mostly just a fade away shooter.
    I love Durant, he's my favorite non-Pacer...but he gets an embarrassing amount of respect from the refs. It's stupid, breathe on him and they blow the whistle. It's way worse than Miami with Lebron/Wade.

Sports Logo

The Rockets picked up Beverley a short time ago. Last night was his 3rd game. He looked like an interesting player. Any thoughts?
    He is a good player. Solid, feisty defender at the PG spot. He is athletic and plays with energy. Good rebounder for a PG, has the ability to penetrate and dish. Not the greatest shooter of all time but he can keep a defense honest.

I really want the Pacers to utilize the international market more. You can find gems if you know how to do it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Not buying into Green not signing. The Pacers next choice was Delfino who signed a 2 year contract with Houston at 3 mil a year with the 2nd year UNGUARANTEED.
    Exactly. It took Delfino until August 13th to sign a 1 year deal with a team option for a 2nd year. He waited until free agency was just about over (it had been over a month since free agency started) before he settled for that little. Green wasn't signing that sort of deal (1 year with 2 team options) in the first week of free agency. He would have waited just like Delfino did to see if something better came along.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Green is not overpaid.
    no, he's not. that salary slot seems to be about $4M.

wish he'd play better though. I like what he brings both offensively and defensively.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Banned

EJ is doing some damage today, he is getting there.