Page 67 of 178 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #1651
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, Pau's been inconsistent like this for years, even in the championship teams. He's just consistently useless now. D'Antoni likes to spread the floor, but he's not JOB. He does adjust for players. And if Pau would play well, he'd be worth adjusting for.

    Nash and Kobe play really well together. I wouldn't separate them. In fact, when the Lakers take either one of them out of the game, everything goes to crap. Dwight at least does something on defense. But he makes some very stupid mistakes. And his touch around the basket is worse than Hibbert's.

    Give Pau credit and more shots? When Kobe shoots 15 for 30 and Pau shoots 2 for 11, I'd give more shots to Kobe. (Pau is 3 for 18 for his last two games. That's beyond pathetic.) He's only shooting one percent better than Roy, but he doesn't bring the defense or the effort that Roy does. He deserves the criticism from his teammates.

    You may be right. He may not care about the Lakers. And he certainly has a right to be annoyed at the management. But he's hurting his teammates because he "doesn't care."

    The Lakers problems have nothing to do with coaching, and nothing to do with Kobe (as cool as it always is to play that card.) It has to do with their on again off again defense and their big guys letting them down. But as I said, Dwight at least tries..
    That simply isn't true he doesn't adjust he is a my way or you don't play type coach. Did you miss his tenure in NY and how he is using this Lakers team? Dude is a system coach and system coaches are gonna struggle unless they can get the exact personal for their system. Even with the right personal he will never win he doesn't care about defense. Kenny Smith said it best if he wins 120-119 he is happy he scored 120 when a good coach like Doc or Pop would be POed his team gave up 119 points.

    He is a decent basketball coach good offensive coordinator but a terrible head coach IMO need to have a 2 way mind to be a great head coach. How he used that Knicks roster was criminal terrible use of personal much like Obie.

    Having Gasol chuck 3s and long 2s all game is a terrible way to use a great post player just another example of his refusal to change.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  3. #1652

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/brot...YVCTOjTimjz0OL

    Amar’e Stoudemire will honor his late brother Hazell tonight by inviting 30 children from their hometown of Lake Wales, Fla., to see the Knicks take on the Orlando Magic. Marking his brother’s birthday, Jan. 4, Amar’e is paying for the flights and tickets for the kids, whom he’ll meet post-game. Hazell died in a car accident last February. The NBA star said, “I think of my brother and the knowledge he gave me . . . I hope . . . I will pay forward some of the positive impact Hazell made.”

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  5. #1653

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That simply isn't true he doesn't adjust he is a my way or you don't play type coach. Did you miss his tenure in NY and how he is using this Lakers team? Dude is a system coach and system coaches are gonna struggle unless they can get the exact personal for their system. Even with the right personal he will never win he doesn't care about defense. Kenny Smith said it best if he wins 120-119 he is happy he scored 120 when a good coach like Doc or Pop would be POed his team gave up 119 points.

    He is a decent basketball coach good offensive coordinator but a terrible head coach IMO need to have a 2 way mind to be a great head coach. How he used that Knicks roster was criminal terrible use of personal much like Obie.

    Having Gasol chuck 3s and long 2s all game is a terrible way to use a great post player just another example of his refusal to change.
    He made plenty of adjustments in NYC. In fact, he managed to have Chandler and Amare on the floor at the same time. He just happened to have two stars who don't play defense.

    Obviously, he still runs a form of his offense. And sometimes his offense isn't the best to run with the players he has. So, he doesn't change his offense to match his players. (Which, IMO, the best coaches usually do. A reason I personally rank Pop over Phil. Who is also a system coach. And a reason why I'm not sure Phil would have really been much better for the Lakers. Taking the ball out of Nash's hands is just as dumb as moving Pau to the three point line. Granted, the Lakers offense should honestly be grade school stuff. )

    But unlike JOB, D'Antoni adjusts within his system. Would he like Pau to be able to stretch the floor and hit the three. Sure. But he's perfectly willing to incorporate Pau's style of play into his system. (Like for instance, the high low with Dwight and Pau, which is run often in games) But quite frankly, I think Pau likes the idea of staying out of the paint.

    It's also a bit of a myth that D'Antoni's teams suck at defense. In his years in Phoenix, they were always average. He doesn't put an emphasis on it, he clearly cares more about offense. But they aren't usually as terrible as made like. D'Antoni's fine with 119 points scoring, because that means the game was played at his pace, aka his team controlled it. More possessions equals more scoring, it doesn't necessarily mean the other team shot a better percentage than a team that scored 90 points.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-05-2013 at 07:14 PM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  7. #1654
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Did anyone else see that clutch 3 point play shot by EJ?



    EDIT: Found it on YouTube.
    Last edited by Trophy; 01-06-2013 at 12:39 AM.

  8. #1655
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,144

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, Pau's been inconsistent like this for years, even in the championship teams. He's just consistently useless now. D'Antoni likes to spread the floor, but he's not JOB. He does adjust for players. And if Pau would play well, he'd be worth adjusting for.
    He really doesn't adjust to his players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nash and Kobe play really well together. I wouldn't separate them. In fact, when the Lakers take either one of them out of the game, everything goes to crap. Dwight at least does something on defense. But he makes some very stupid mistakes. And his touch around the basket is worse than Hibbert's.
    When they play together and Nash handles the ball everything goes smooth. When Kobe handles it, disaster strikes. Nash has to have the ball in his hands. It's good for everyone on the team. Putting Nash in a different unit than the ball-dominant Kobe, gets him to handle the ball.

    Nash handling the ball is going to mean that the role players will step up and start playing better. Nahs makes everyone around him better. When the role players are starting to put up some points, they will be more effective. We have seen what Nash can do with role players in some of the recent Suns teams.

    Meanwhile, Kobe can get to handle the ball and be happy. He can shoot the 20+ shots that he likes without being a detriment to the rest of the team because Nash has already put everyone else on a roll.

    That would be a win-win situation, imo.

    But D' Antoni will probably never try it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give Pau credit and more shots? When Kobe shoots 15 for 30 and Pau shoots 2 for 11, I'd give more shots to Kobe. (Pau is 3 for 18 for his last two games. That's beyond pathetic.) He's only shooting one percent better than Roy, but he doesn't bring the defense or the effort that Roy does. He deserves the criticism from his teammates.
    Pau Gasol was 13 for 20 in the two games before than those two games.

    2 games stretches aren't something important and you know it, Sookie.

    Pau is having his worst shooting season so far because he has had 2 injuries already. He played through tendinitis early in the season then sat and now he's playing with plantar fasciitis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You may be right. He may not care about the Lakers. And he certainly has a right to be annoyed at the management. But he's hurting his teammates because he "doesn't care."
    Completely agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lakers problems have nothing to do with coaching, and nothing to do with Kobe (as cool as it always is to play that card.) It has to do with their on again off again defense and their big guys letting them down. But as I said, Dwight at least tries..
    The problems of the Lakers are related to all of these issues. Yes, coaching is an issue. Kobe is an issue but only defensively. Offensively, he's having a great season. The defense is a huge problem as well. But it also has to do with their bench. And that's a problem that the FO created.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  9. #1656
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,144

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He made plenty of adjustments in NYC. In fact, he managed to have Chandler and Amare on the floor at the same time. He just happened to have two stars who don't play defense.
    Melo started playing defense the moment he left. In fact, the whole Knicks team started playing vastly better D the moment he was fired.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #1657
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else see that clutch 3 point play shot by EJ?



    EDIT: Found it on YouTube.
    That's a great fake. Though DC bit a little too hard.

  11. #1658
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,580

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Also of note, EJ's foot made contact with the ball during an OJ Mayo shot with about 5 seconds left... I think that's supposed to be a foul. It was ruled a kicked ball. Unreal.

  12. #1659

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He really doesn't adjust to his players.
    We're going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying he doesn't run his offense. But I'm saying he's not like Jim O'brien, and he will incorporate his players skills into the offense.

    I'm not sure D'Antoni's the best fit. But I also don't think he's been given a fair shot. He joined the team mid-season and just got his point guard (the entire reason he was hired in the first place) back. Give him a little time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When they play together and Nash handles the ball everything goes smooth. When Kobe handles it, disaster strikes. Nash has to have the ball in his hands. It's good for everyone on the team. Putting Nash in a different unit than the ball-dominant Kobe, gets him to handle the ball.

    Nash handling the ball is going to mean that the role players will step up and start playing better. Nahs makes everyone around him better. When the role players are starting to put up some points, they will be more effective. We have seen what Nash can do with role players in some of the recent Suns teams.

    Meanwhile, Kobe can get to handle the ball and be happy. He can shoot the 20+ shots that he likes without being a detriment to the rest of the team because Nash has already put everyone else on a roll.

    That would be a win-win situation, imo.

    But D' Antoni will probably never try it.
    Because it would be really silly to try it. Nash does handle the ball a lot. They play well together. Sure, Kobe get's ISO's, but Kobe has been remarkably efficient on those ISOs so that's nothing to complain about. When Kobe gets ball dominant it's because he's suddenly in the game with Duhon or Morris.

    Kobe has actually said he enjoys playing with Nash, because he actually learned to play off ball growing up. He looks fine off the ball, and Nash helps to give him breaks on offense. And as I said, if you take either one of them out of the game it all goes to crap. So you can't separate them for large portions of the game. (In fact, you can't take either of them out for large portions of the game.) That shouldn't happen on the Lakers. Pau and Dwight should be able to support the team enough to give those two a break.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pau Gasol was 13 for 20 in the two games before than those two games.

    2 games stretches aren't something important and you know it, Sookie.
    That was part of my larger point, and you know that. which was..he's playing like crap. 41% out of Pau Gasol is inexcusable. The board believes (and rightly so) that Hibbert is under performing offensively. There's a one percent difference between them.

    I know he's battled injuries, but if you've watched him...his injuries are clearly not his problem. He's also always been inconsistent. Prone to have a 1 - 11 game just as easily as a great game. He's skilled, but he's softer mentally than Roy. He's so soft that Kobe babies him. Kobe lets Pau rant to the press when he's annoyed and doesn't say a thing. And Kobe told Lakers management to either trade Pau or don't but quit messing with his head (also telling the media to stop asking Pau questions about it.) This recent "Pau needs to put his big boy pants on" comment is rare from Kobe about Pau. Pau Gasol is so mentally soft Kobe Bryant treats him with kindness publically.

    He actually kind of infuriates me as a player, because if he was mentally and physically tougher, he could have been significantly better.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problems of the Lakers are related to all of these issues. Yes, coaching is an issue. Kobe is an issue but only defensively. Offensively, he's having a great season. The defense is a huge problem as well. But it also has to do with their bench. And that's a problem that the FO created.
    Of course they are. But their biggest issues are obvious. Dwight and Pau. And if those two players get their acts together, they other issues may not even need to be fixed.

    edit: Melo didn't play defense until he had something to prove. The laziness didn't start with D'Antoni.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-06-2013 at 01:17 AM.

  13. #1660
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,144

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure D'Antoni's the best fit. But I also don't think he's been given a fair shot. He joined the team mid-season and just got his point guard (the entire reason he was hired in the first place) back. Give him a little time.
    I agree that he's not been given a fair shot. But that's LA. He will never be given a fair shot. He's not the best fit and that shows. The Lakers should have hired a defensive minded coach that simply gives the ball to Nash on offense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was part of my larger point, and you know that. which was..he's playing like crap. 41% out of Pau Gasol is inexcusable. The board believes (and rightly so) that Hibbert is under performing offensively. There's a one percent difference between them.

    I know he's battled injuries, but if you've watched him...his injuries are clearly not his problem.
    His injuries are pretty clearly his problem. He has no lift. That's why he's missing so many shots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's also always been inconsistent. Prone to have a 1 - 11 game just as easily as a great game.
    He has consistently shot over 50% in the 12 of his 13 seasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's skilled, but he's softer mentally than Roy. He's so soft that Kobe babies him. Kobe lets Pau rant to the press when he's annoyed and doesn't say a thing. And Kobe told Lakers management to either trade Pau or don't but quit messing with his head (also telling the media to stop asking Pau questions about it.) This recent "Pau needs to put his big boy pants on" comment is rare from Kobe about Pau. Pau Gasol is so mentally soft Kobe Bryant treats him with kindness publically.
    I'm sorry, Sookie, but I just don't believe in "mental toughness". In fact, if there's anything that I'd consider "mentally soft" that's the inability of certain people to trust their teammates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The laziness didn't start with D'Antoni.
    Agreed.

    In general, we certainly agree to disagree. It happens
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  14. #1661
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,790

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1746/lazar-hayward

    Hayward signed on December 31 with the team and played a total of 12 minutes and scored just two points. He's a candidate to be signed on a 10-day contract by another team and obviously is nowhere to be found on the fantasy map.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #1662
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,144

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    D' Antoni used Pau in the post in this one and Pau is having a great game. Imagine that
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #1663

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    D' Antoni used Pau in the post in this one and Pau is having a great game. Imagine that
    So D'Antoni adjusted to one of his players.

  17. #1664
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,144

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So D'Antoni adjusted to one of his players.
    Yes, he did. That was part of my point as well

    Honestly, that's the first time I see him doing this in the last 2 years.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  18. #1665
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,790

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    D' Antoni used Pau in the post in this one and Pau is having a great game. Imagine that
    I know that Gasol has been doing terribly in D'Antoni's system....but assuming that DJ could be replaced....would anyone consider trading Gasol+Earl Clark for West+DJ+Hansbrough?

    Given our half-court offense and defense.....could Pau do better and fit better next to Hibbert?

    Gasol has a mid-range game....not as good as West's mid-range game...but solid enough.

    His contract expires in 2013-2014 and won't impact our ability to re-sign PG in 2014-2015
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #1666
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,144

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know that Gasol has been doing terribly in D'Antoni's system....but assuming that DJ could be replaced....would anyone consider trading Gasol+Earl Clark for West+DJ+Hansbrough?

    Given our half-court offense and defense.....could Pau do better and fit better next to Hibbert?

    Gasol has a mid-range game....not as good as West's mid-range game...but solid enough.

    His contract expires in 2013-2014 and won't impact our ability to re-sign PG in 2014-2015
    Gasol is a great player and he's going to beast when he leaves LA (which could be very soon, imo) but I would't do that deal.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 01-07-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  21. #1667

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know that Gasol has been doing terribly in D'Antoni's system....but assuming that DJ could be replaced....would anyone consider trading Gasol+Earl Clark for West+DJ+Hansbrough?

    Given our half-court offense and defense.....could Pau do better and fit better next to Hibbert?

    Gasol has a mid-range game....not as good as West's mid-range game...but solid enough.

    His contract expires in 2013-2014 and won't impact our ability to re-sign PG in 2014-2015
    I think you need a banger next to Roy. Pau and Roy's games are too similar, IMO. (Although, Pau is better offensively, granted, not by much this season, and Roy is better defensively.)

  22. #1668

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    The problem with Gasol is that he seems to have gas for half a game, every other game. He could be much better off playing at center on a slower team in the Eastern conference, where he wouldn't have to face high pace teams so often.

  23. #1669
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    PBT: Celtics positioning for multi-player trade

    The Celtics waived Jarvis Varnado and rookie Kris Joseph on Sunday, which in itself is unremarkable news.

    Varnado was expected to be gone before his contract became guaranteed on Jan. 10, but the team parting ways with Joseph was a bit of a surprise, considering the positive view it was believed to have of the player selected by Boston with the 51st pick in the 2012 draft.

    As part of the bigger picture, these moves — especially the one involving Joseph — may be the beginning of something bigger on the horizon for the Celtics organization.

    Specifically, Boston is believed to be clearing roster spots in order to have flexibility in the event a multi-player deal is available to them later this season.

    From A.Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com:

    Two league sources contacted on Sunday said that the Celtics will look to bolster their roster via a multi-player trade.
    While it’s unlikely the Celtics will look to move any member of their big Three – Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett – league sources confirmed that there’s “growing” interest in Courtney Lee who might become more expendable with the return of Avery Bradley.
    Brandon Bass is another possible Celtic on the move, one league source said.
    We know that Danny Ainge isn’t afraid to shake things up midseason; look no further than the deal that sent Kendrick Perkins out of town just two seasons ago. He’d certainly do so again, especially if one of the players he had to give up this time wasn’t an emotional part of the team’s puzzle the way Perkins was.

    Boston has shown flashes this season, even if only in a relatively few instances. The team’s most recent win over the Hawks in Atlanta was certainly an example of that, where the Celtics put together a 33-9 third quarter to erase a 15-point halftime deficit.

    The Celtics are believed to have the tenacity within their veteran core to compete in a playoff series against even the top teams, despite their 16-17 record and current position holding down the eighth and final playoff spot in the East.

    If Ainge believes that a deal for one or two pieces could be enough to give Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce another run at postseason glory, he won’t hesitate to pull the trigger. These moves may be the first step in making that happen.

  24. #1670
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @AlexKennedyNBA: The Boston Celtics want to make a trade. Potential targets include DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay and Marcin Gortat: http://t.co/b7u2UOdo

  25. #1671

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass isn't going to get the Celtics much. I'd much rather have Sullinger than Bass, but then that's why Bass is available. Same with Avery Bradley over Courtney Lee.

    If I'm the Celtics, I go after Gortat with his "extremely reasonable" contract. He's a steal at his salary, and he'd fit well with Rondo.

  26. #1672
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,384

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Celts don't have enough to get Cousins. Please. They want to get rid of their bad players for a good one? lol! Not a chance.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  27. #1673
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,790

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PBT: Celtics positioning for multi-player trade
    LOL......Ainge believes that they need one or two Players that could help push the Celtics over the hump to make another deep run at the PostSeason. Every Team is in the same position....one or two Players and just like magic...they have a good chance of winning a Championship.

    What difference Makers could they get for rotational Players like Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo and/or Jared Sullinger ( assuming that they are available )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  28. #1674
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,790

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass isn't going to get the Celtics much. I'd much rather have Sullinger than Bass, but then that's why Bass is available. Same with Avery Bradley over Courtney Lee.

    If I'm the Celtics, I go after Gortat with his "extremely reasonable" contract. He's a steal at his salary, and he'd fit well with Rondo.
    Yeah...so would every other Team that wants a Center. The Celtics have very little to give up that any other Team that wants a Center could not match or exceed. You're right....Gortat is IMHO in the same boat as SideShow Bob ( Varajeo ), he has a reasonable contract and is producing solidly at that price. If the Suns are a decently run Organization and were desperate to get rid of Gortat ( which I doubt ), they could get way more than what the Celtics could offer.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  29. #1675

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/feature...=iref:nbahpt6e

    Unless something dramatic happens in Milwaukee -- and a change of circumstances is always possible in the NBA -- it does not appear that Scott Skiles will be back next season as coach.

    Multiple league sources say that Skiles, who is in the final year of the five-year contract he signed in 2008, has informed the Bucks that he does not want a contract extension, and is resigned to the fact that he will be elsewhere next season.

    The Bucks, sources say, have told Skiles to keep an open mind, and in case he has a change of heart, they would be willing to talk about another deal. Usually, teams that really want someone back -- a player, a coach, whomever -- figure out a way to make it happen. But the Bucks have done nothing substantive toward offering Skiles a new deal. Both sides appear willing to play out the season, and there is no animosity either way, sources said; Skiles is fond of owner Herb Kohl, and vice versa.

    The Bucks did not comment Sunday, nor did Skiles.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •