Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack
    Curry
    Thompson
    Landry
    Lee

that may be the best unit I have watched this season. They just play so well together and are so fun to watch.

Jack and Landry deserve co-6th man of the year they are both terrific.
    That is probably a very good....offensive lineup. But I don't think they're going to stop too many people from scoring either lol

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    http://youtu.be/aNOZ2AVGCJU

Gerald Henderson aggressive throw on Howard.
    fyp

Sports Logo

Jack
    Curry
    Thompson
    Landry
    Lee

that may be the best unit I have watched this season. They just play so well together and are so fun to watch.

Jack and Landry deserve co-6th man of the year they are both terrific.
    I mentioned this in one of the threads before the Pacers played the Warriors in Oakland....but that lineup is very efficient at scoring while making very few mistakes. Mark Jackson uses that lineup to close out games with Draymond Green subbing in for Landry ( depending on the matchups ).

That's why I have suggested that if Lance doesn't work out as Backup PG....that the Pacers should do what they can to make a run at Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry.....both are VERY solid off the bench and one of the main reasons why the Warriors are doing so well. Once Bogut comes back....they will be 7 deep with a decent bench to fill out the rotation.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Nash on Steph Curry. This should be fun.

Really happy to see Lin stringing together a few really good games. I hope it continues.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

we should call PHX about JO and Telfair they would both help the 2nd unit. Must be nice PHX can take old washed up guys on 1 year deals and get them back in playing shape. If I was their GM I would sign guys like Redd and JO every year and just flip them at the deadline for a pick. I don't get why they always hold on to those old guys on a rebuilding team.

Did the thunders trade the wrong guy now? Harden could play the point guard role.

Kobe is killing the Lakers right now.

And their defense is completely dependent on Dwight.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Kobe is killing the Lakers right now.

And their defense is completely dependent on Dwight.
    just like the day they hired Dantoine I said he would kill that team. They went from top 5 defense to in the 20s. Mike D was literally the worst guy you could hire for that roster. He is stubborn and doesn't adjust for personal.

like I siad then when you have 3 great post players it's idiotic to RnG. This Lakers team would be a perfect Triangle team I just dont get why they didnt hire Phi. It will likely cost them a chance at a championship. .

and please all the people saying Nash doesn't fit in the triangle is lol. Nash is 38 at this stage of his career he isn't a guy you can build a team around and win Howard and Kobe are.

Jarret Jack is running circles around Nash.
    Kobe has been awful defensively since Dantoine took over. It has to be Dantoine every where he goes his players don't defend.

pau gasol just shot a three

just like the day they hired Dantoine I said he would kill that team. They went from top 5 defense to in the 20s. Mike D was literally the worst guy you could hire for that roster. He is stubborn and doesn't adjust for personal.

like I siad then when you have 3 great post players it's idiotic to RnG. This Lakers team would be a perfect Triangle team I just dont get why they didnt hire Phi. It will likely cost them a chance at a championship. .

and please all the people saying Nash doesn't fit in the triangle is lol. Nash is 38 at this stage of his career he isn't a guy you can build a team around and win Howard and Kobe are.

Kobe has been awful defensively since Dantoine took over. It has to be Dantoine every where he goes his players don't defend.
    Kobe was already pretty bad defensively.

Mood

DAMIAN!!!!!!!!!!

Ice in his veins

so clutch in the 4th this year

D'Antoni's teams have always been average defensively (statistically).

He's a system coach, and although there's some problems with his system, that's not the issue with the Lakers. The issue, is that they are old. D'Antoni preaches taking the first open shot. Not jacking up a shot every time you touch the ball. which is what is confusing the Lakers at the moment. This leads to worse defense because the Lakers are old...and they are missing...and they can't play transition defense.

I liked the signing, because I like D'Antoni, and I don't think you sign Steve Nash to play him off the ball. But considering the ages and lack of shooters..I'm not sure it's going to work.

Mood

wow what a game

Mood

wow breakdown after break down for the Lakers in the final few minutes. Barnes and Jack have been great and Lee is so solid.

Gotta love the crowd you can feel the energy through the TV

WOW MWP!!

this game has been amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    D'Antoni's teams have always been average defensively (statistically).

He's a system coach, and although there's some problems with his system, that's not the issue with the Lakers. The issue, is that they are old. D'Antoni preaches taking the first open shot. Not jacking up a shot every time you touch the ball. which is what is confusing the Lakers at the moment. This leads to worse defense because the Lakers are old...and they are missing...and they can't play transition defense.

I liked the signing, because I like D'Antoni, and I don't think you sign Steve Nash to play him off the ball. But considering the ages and lack of shooters..I'm not sure it's going to work.
    Their roster doesn't fit his style unless they are willing to work things thru with Nash being the primary ball handler Kobe being the scorer (joe Johnson) and Dwight being amare. Not sure where pau fits in but they can make it work. Pau isn't bad on the pick and roll...they can make it work just need to find more athletes on the perimeter.

Mood

Why is Nash in the game when they just need a stop??

I love Jarrett Jack been amazing this game and year!!

terrible decision there to have that personal in for defense still

Lakers have the final shot

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Their roster doesn't fit his style unless they are willing to work things thru with Nash being the primary ball handler Kobe being the scorer (joe Johnson) and Dwight being amare. Not sure where pau fits in but they can make it work. Pau isn't bad on the pick and roll...they can make it work just need to find more athletes on the perimeter.
    The offense looks better with Pau in. Probably because he doesn't jack up a shot every time he touches the ball. (One of 3 players...Nash, Howard, and Pau..)

edit: wow, Kobe ended up shooting 40% for the game...he also shot the ball over 40 times. I'm a Kobe fan...but sheesh, that was a little unnecessary. (And I know, it had a lot to do with him being extremely frustrated that he wasn't getting calls, and it was pretty ridiculous that he didn't shoot a free throw...but still...)
    Last edited by Sookie; 12-23-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Mood

Rookies lol

Festus you had Klay wide open for a 3 I guess Pau was wide open too but he doesn't play for your team

great game though besides Kobe being extra Ball hog ish. One of the worst games ive seen him play while scoring 30+.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

woah what a game! Don't really agree with Festus being out there in crunch time, that allowed Dwight to stay on the floor with 5 fouls and not have to worry about guarding anybody.

Shaun Livingston and Earl Barron cut lose by Washington, any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    How did Livingston get cut? They have no pgs. That doesn't say much about Livingston.

I'd still be interested, but I don't think he can shoot the 3.

Pacers need to trade for a halfcourt point guard that can shoot the 3. That's why DJ isn't working out...he's just not a good fit for this offense.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...XBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

After denying fans a chance at a free cheeseburger, 76ers coach Doug Collins promises to pay for 18,000 fans’ free sandwiches
    By Kelly Dwyer | Ball Don't Lie – 18 hours ago
    Email
    RecommendTweet

Doug Collins points out that 'secret sauce' is really just Thousand Island dressing (Getty Images)
    On Friday night Philadelphia 76ers coach Doug Collins defiantly thumbed his nose at one of our least-favorite NBA traditions – the fast food “earning” ticket giveaways that teams usually provide to fans if the home team scores over 100 points.
    With nine of the NBA’s 30 teams averaging over 100 points a contest, a number sure to rise as the NBA typically improves offensively as the season moves on, it’s not exactly a marvel when teams hit triple-digits. And yet several NBA teams offer a take on this promotion, which leaves teams in the tricky and often embarrassing situation of having to score needless points at the end of either safe wins or blowout losses in order to satisfy the home crowd’s craving for something they’re usually embarrassed to eat. With his Sixers already up 99-80 over the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday, Collins demanded guard Evan Turner dribble out the clock so not to show up their opponent, and the always on-point Philadelphia crowd responded with boos.
    [Related: NYC DJs trolled Kris Humphries with Kanye West songs]
    Not willing to quit while he was ahead, though, Collins told the public address announcer that he’d “make up” for it out of pocket. From the Associated Press’ Dan Gelston, via several previous outfits:

Doug Collins has always come off as the sort of basketball type that sticks to his principles, so the move to ask Turner to eat the possession, so to speak, makes sense.
    Paying for the fast food burger himself? As other outlets have noted, this would cost Collins well over $72,000, while providing the Sixers with the lamest logistical nightmare on record – tracking down thousands of petulant fans who feel as if the home town team’s blowout win is somewhat invalidated because they didn’t get a free 600 calories to chomp down upon.
    There’s so much fault to go around here that it’s hard to ponder as to where to start. Collins has always readily worn his emotions on his sleeve, so the push/pull of both not taking a needless shot at the end of an assured win and disappointing his team’s fans was likely just as strong on both sides, which is why he reacted the way he did.
    Secondly, there’s Jason Richardson – a player that missed both of his free throws in the win. Let’s get it together, J-Rich.
    Third, there are the fans.
    Yes, the people that make it all possible. The people amongst those 18,000 attending who care more about that burger than that win, or that expertly-executed Collins-styled out of bounds play from the third quarter. Honestly, look at some of the older kids in this clip – getting an expensive 76ers jersey, a seat in the lower bowl thousands of any age could never well afford, and seeing your team take its opponent behind the shed wasn’t enough? You have to get a free burger?
    I didn’t go to a ton of pro-level sports events growing up, but I know what it’s like to be the brat. I wanted nachos. I looked lustily at that rack full of 26 Major League Baseball hats for sale. I wanted some more nachos. I get it. Standing with arms wide-open as your team defies what you’ve rightfully earned? Grabbing a towel a player is using without asking? Come on, kids. More importantly, as one myself, come on … parents.
    Lastly, come on … teams.

[Also: Kings suspend DeMarcus Cousins indefinitely]
    Other organizations, such as the Chicago Bulls, have willfully acted brain dead on this issue for years, not caring a lick as its prideful and defensive-minded players are routinely booed by fans (that ones in attendance that know the names of only a few of those prideful, defensive-minded players) when the team fails to score 100 points. Sick of it all, it’s why Joakim Noah attempted a needless three-pointer at the end of a win over Orlando earlier this season and was widely criticized for acting in a situation he couldn’t possibly win. Sportsmanship, yeah, but it stinks to be booed after dominating a blowout win that saw you contribute 20 points and nine rebounds (even if Noah shouldn’t have been on the court at the end of that blowout).
    The 76ers are more pro-active than Chicago, as one of their owners often converses with fans on Twitter. He sees the complaints, and he knows the game. Give burgers out all you want – but pair them with defensive benchmarks, instead of that uncreative 100-point barrier. NBA teams have to stop pushing their players and coaches into this position – a position that needlessly reminds them that even after two and a half hours of hard work, they’re more often regarded as entertainers instead of athletes.
    Or fast-food deliverymen.
    None of this helps Collins, though, who is on the hook for probably the heftiest fast food dinner in modern history, non-recreational drug use cases aside.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    We should sign Earl Barron so he stops owning our bigs every time we play the team he's on (e.g. Orlando).

Banned

@HOOPSWORLD: Wizards to Sign Mack to Fill Open Roster Spot: The Washington Wizards will sign guard Shelvin Mack, who has been... http://t.co/rkFCMF0y